Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 27th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Agrith-Naar has received 5 Yea votes to review (Scytale, Astroking, superfrog, BiggaBullfrog, and All Your Pie) and moves forward in the process.
I mean this would be great, but I'm pretty sure Bigga and Caps actually downvoted...which would make it a 4/2 vote
Aw crap. I really shouldn't do this in the morning.

Sorry, yeah. Voting is still on. 4 Yea, 2 Nay, 1 Abstain. I guess it's up to @Soundwarp SG-1 , unless someone changes their vote.
Old September 27th, 2019, 12:16 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I didn't say anything about armor. I said the figure doesn't look like it should have 4 defense. Bahadur looks like a creature that would have 4 defense (and he does have armor, however scant), but this guy, to me, does not.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 27th, 2019, 12:34 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I didn't say anything about armor. I said the figure doesn't look like it should have 4 defense. Bahadur looks like a creature that would have 4 defense (and he does have armor, however scant), but this guy, to me, does not.
For me, if the Fen Hydra can have 6 Defense, this thing can have 4.
Old September 27th, 2019, 01:17 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Huh, I actually have this figure. For me he looks beefy enough for 4 defense, though I honestly don’t really sweat that kinda thing too much anyway, plus dude is just scary looking, that probably counts for at least one die

So from me.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 27th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
For me, if the Fen Hydra can have 6 Defense, this thing can have 4.
Yeah, it's a demon so may have a hide tougher than a Triceratops or has fast reflexes. 4 is hardly shocking unless you think Agent Carr's trenchcoat is made of super future kevlar or Kiova's robe is magically indestructible.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 27th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Nakedness was a small (comical) part of my dislike of 4 defense here, and a smaller part of my overall down vote. Maybe shouldn't have included it in a rushed post (though it wasn't a rushed decision), but here's another rushed post that hopefully doesn't bite me in the butt to try to clear the air about that specific bit. I recognize Heroscape's inconsistencies -- mine is more of a design concern.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 27th, 2019, 04:43 PM

Agrith-Naar has received 5 Yea votes to review (Scytale, Astroking, superfrog, All Your Pie, and Soundwarp SG-1) and moves forward in the process.

For real this time.
Old September 27th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Nakedness was a small (comical) part of my dislike of 4 defense here, and a smaller part of my overall down vote. Maybe shouldn't have included it in a rushed post (though it wasn't a rushed decision), but here's another rushed post that hopefully doesn't bite me in the butt to try to clear the air about that specific bit. I recognize Heroscape's inconsistencies -- mine is more of a design concern.
Personally, looking at that sculpt, almost any defence number would feel justified to me - depending on how you work the design, I could see as high as 6 or as low as 1 and it wouldn't bother me. Whatever fits the design best here, is my view.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 27th, 2019, 05:00 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Ding ding ding! As I said before, this feels like 4 defense for the sake of having 4 defense, rather than something justified by the mini or the playstyle.

I see people giving their customs more defense than they really need so often that a while back I made a comment about it part of my signature.

--
--
--

--
Old September 27th, 2019, 05:38 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Ding ding ding! As I said before, this feels like 4 defense for the sake of having 4 defense, rather than something justified by the mini or the playstyle.

I see people giving their customs more defense than they really need so often that a while back I made a comment about it part of my signature.
I couldn't agree more, but if 4 d gets him up a point total where he is not an auto include and allows the figure to do enough damage before the timer runs out it is warranted here. only playtesting can tell us that.

But yeah, many customs could use one less d die. Kill your darlings

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 27th, 2019, 05:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The thing looks like it's basically made out of stone. I mean, I would have understood a lower defense, that would have been one way to go, but I don't understand this principled objection to a Def 4. It does not look soft.

Nobody asked me, though.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 27th, 2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The thing looks like it's basically made out of stone. I mean, I would have understood a lower defense, that would have been one way to go, but I don't understand this principled objection to a Def 4. It does not look soft.

Nobody asked me, though.
It doesn't look made out of stone. It looks like it has skin the color of a bat, which is a very different thing.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs