Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old July 20th, 2018, 08:55 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Welcome to the ARV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Official Announcement

The following has been REMOVED from our by-laws:
If you are submitting 2 map entries then each entry must use a different master set and no more than one of the same expansion as your other map entry (i.e. if map entry #1 has TT and RttFF, than map entry #2 may only reuse one of those two expansions along with any other expansion)

Map makers are free to reuse master sets and expansions in their 2 submissions...BUT there is still the 1 master set 2 expansion set restriction.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Are we able to use the same Master Sets and/or Expansion Sets on both maps?
As of now no. That may change, but it’s a way to keep things unique and keep you thinking of new and different designs.
Wait a second - am I not understanding the question correctly? Because I thought the change was made in the first quoted post that Master sets and expansions could be reused...

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I agree with Flash." ~superfrog

Old July 21st, 2018, 12:55 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Lightbulb Re: Welcome to the ARV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Official Announcement

If you are submitting 2 map entries then each entry must use a different master set and no more than one of the same expansion as your other map entry (i.e. if map entry #1 has TT and RttFF, than map entry #2 may only reuse one of those two expansions along with any other expansion)

Map makers are free to reuse master sets and expansions in their 2 submissions...BUT there is still the 1 master set 2 expansion set restriction.
Quote:
Quote:
As of now no. That may change, but it’s a way to keep things unique and keep you thinking of new and different designs.
Wait a second - am I not understanding the question correctly? Because I thought the change was made in the first quoted post that Master sets and expansions could be reused...
Oh crap, that’s right we did make that change I totally spaced it. I had thought that question sounded familiar I just couldn’t remember thanks for keeping us honest

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 21st, 2018, 06:13 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Official Announcement

Quote:
Quote:
Oh crap, that’s right we did make that change I totally spaced it. I had thought that question sounded familiar I just couldn’t remember thanks for keeping us honest
Ya know, it's a hard job, but I do what I can.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I agree with Flash." ~superfrog

Old August 13th, 2018, 01:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Is there a reason that this forum is (by default) sorted alphabetically by thread title instead of by the time of last post? For example, the thread with the current poll is on page 2 of the forum. Perhaps it's just that way for me, but I kind of doubt it.
Old August 13th, 2018, 05:12 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Is there a reason that this forum is (by default) sorted alphabetically by thread title instead of by the time of last post? For example, the thread with the current poll is on page 2 of the forum. Perhaps it's just that way for me, but I kind of doubt it.
Hmmm...i didn’t realize there was a way to sort it. Do you know how to change that? I think you’ve made a good observation thank you!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 13th, 2018, 05:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I don't (although any person browsing can sort it by Last Post by clicking that column). This subforum seems to be sorted by Thread Title by default. Not sure if a mod could change that or not. This is the only subforum that I've seen that's different.
Old August 13th, 2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I don't (although any person browsing can sort it by Last Post by clicking that column). This subforum seems to be sorted by Thread Title by default. Not sure if a mod could change that or not. This is the only subforum that I've seen that's different.
@Xotli @japes you’ve helped us before. Any idea?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 22nd, 2018, 04:20 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
@Xotli @japes you’ve helped us before. Any idea?
Fixed. Sorry I never noticed this before now! Feel free to ping me directly next time I don't respond.

I actually came by to suggest that you make the threads in your list in the OP links to those threads. Would save people a bit of searching ... especially since your display thread is apparently not named "display thread."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 22nd, 2018, 09:14 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

More comments which may or may not be helpful:

I found the display thread. What I noticed immediately was that several of the maps aren't available here in our Downloads section, and, for those that were, most of them didn't explicitly state that they're ARV maps in the name. Now, obviously, one of those problems I can fix easily—so I did. In future, I advise that you add " - ARV Map" to the end of any map that's approved for tourney use. This makes it easy for people to find the maps just by searching in the Downloads section, and not even needing to find the display thread (which is good, since it wasn't trivial to locate, as I mentioned earlier ).

The other problem is trickier. I suppose I could just download all the maps and re-upload them here. However, really, someone should make sure that's okay with the author, figure out what thumbnail and description they want to use, etc etc. It's a bit more than I want to take on. But I think it's worth doing: again, people who are just searching the Downloads for maps aren't going to come across perfectly good ARV maps that just happen to be stored elsewhere and were never uploaded here. I can tell you, for instance, that the way we choose maps for our local tourney (i.e. SoCal Slaughter) starts with a query I run against the database, so I'm never even going to see those off-site maps. Just something to think about.

If there's any problem with permissions for people to be able to do these things, let's talk about that via PM and I'll do my best to ensure at least someone in the ARV has the power to get things done. Remember: you don't have to be the author to upload a file; the uploader and author are stored completely separately in the database. So you can give full credit to the author even if they can't upload themselves due to permissions issues.

Finally, taking off my admin hat and putting on my player hat, I would just note that there seems to be a minor trend towards these maps with individual pillars (or small groups). 4 of your 16 maps—i.e. 25%—have this feature. Isn't there a concern on such maps that ranged fliers will just utterly dominate the map? Obviously there aren't that many: protectors are the only common squad in Classic, but C3V adds deathwings, plus there are plenty of heroes ... Atlaga and Andask and Calibrax and Tyrian, Ulginesh if there are at least 2 pillars together, and don't even get me started on Marvel. Sure, your opponent can shoot you down off of them, but that's assuming they have any range (left). A melee-focussed army vs a bunch of ranged fliers on one of these maps seems like it'd be an utter slaughter ... no? Obviously I'm just theoryscaping here, but I'm curious if this is an issue that's come up during testing.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 22nd, 2018, 09:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

I believe they're uncapped pillars. Not BoV legal, but ARV, following the footsteps of WoS, allows them.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 11:17 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
I believe they're uncapped pillars. Not BoV legal, but ARV, following the footsteps of WoS, allows them.
Yes they are uncapped castle walls. This makes for bigger ruins and LOS blockers for more build options. HOSS also practices this for BoSS maps.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 23rd, 2018, 03:27 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Yes they are uncapped castle walls. This makes for bigger ruins and LOS blockers for more build options. HOSS also practices this for BoSS maps.
Hmmm ... well, it's not only not BoV legal, but also not Heroscape legal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortress of the Archkyrie Rule Book
Each Wall Section must have a Wall Walk or another Wall Section on top of it.
I mean, it's your group and you can do what you like, but I would be a bit leery about allowing terrain features specifically disallowed by the rules. Other examples of this would be allowing stacking of half-height tiles and allowing jungle pieces that are connected to only one other terrain piece.

I think it's also hard for VirtualScape to make this clear. It certainly wasn't clear to me when I was perusing the build instructions. So, you know ... just some food for thought.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla