Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 9th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Lazy Orang & Family's Classic Customs - A Prophecy Fulfi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Do the Chu-Ko come painted?
Nope - unpainted metal, and you have to provide your own bases, but the paint-job I used was fairly simple.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 9th, 2019, 02:37 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: Lazy Orang & Family's Classic Customs - A Prophecy Fulfi

Ah, gotcha! I like it, still.
Old March 16th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Tome of Mhadra

The Tome of Mhadra

Custom Set Fifteen
A Prophecy Fulfilled

(Card by @mac122 )
Homeworld: Marr
The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the Deathknell set.
Its model number and name are #02 Couatl

Disclaimer: This is my Mum's (Astral Herring's) design, not my own.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Rulings, Clarifications and Errata
Spoiler Alert!

Combinations and Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Immunities, Benefits and Weaknesses

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; April 1st, 2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old April 1st, 2019, 10:43 AM
Hard as ice

Re: Lazy Orang & Family's Classic Customs - Foolish Filler

Custom Set 16:
Foolish Filler

“No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately.”
― Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays

I wanted to make a little April Fools' Day update, throwing in a couple of the sillier concepts I've recently done designs for, both of whom happen to be nice, cheap filler units.

The first is Steve, the illithid. A character from a personal story I've been writing based on Heroscape, he started out as an intended one-off joke; I needed Isamu to work with an illithid for a scene and, based on C3V's Cxurgy'gyath, illithid names are bizarre and unpronounceable, so I decided that Isamu wasn't even going to try to say his comrade's real name and was just going to call him 'Steve'. From there, Steve became a recurring back-up character for Isamu, enough so that I wanted to see him in the game. I picked up an ancient metal, unpainted Games Workshop mind flayer figure from 1984 on eBay to represent him (the only illithid mini I could find at a decent price). He was missing a hand, but I decided that, since this guy was my own character, I could just write that in. Ux'urg'yar is his real name - I wanted it in a subtitle under his main name (Steve), akin to C3G Secret Identity rules.

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

My other figure for this update is Katto, an animated pair of scissors. My decision to design that isn't as random as it may seem - when designing the Jubokko and Koji-Danuki last year, I got one of my first tastes of the bizarre panoply of creatures in Japanese mythology and folklore. One such creature is a Tsukumogami - an inanimate object that has reached its 100th anniversary and attained animation and sentience. Remembering a bizarre Dreamblade figure that was a pair of scissors standing on its points, I decided I had no other choice but to make this bloody goofy thing a reality.
I decided to aim it as a 10 point filler unit for a couple of reasons. Firstly, we could use some more of those to make Isamu a little less of an auto-draft (though SoV's recent inductee, Bol, does help with that a lot already), but also because, come on - it's a pair of scissors! How can I justify that being anything other than a filler unit! His (I made the scissors a he - there's a little masculine face there ) main conceit is that he implacably but slowly moves forwards, and, once he finally reaches his prey, can try to slash to inflict some damage. While most filler tends to be left as a late-game reserve, Katto does not want to be that - he only has an attack of 2 on his turn, and without Unnoticed keeping him safe he'll be broken quickly. He's pretty good for his points, though - not needing OMs to work makes him reasonably efficient and good value, and Unnoticed can make him a pain to hit once he gets into melee. However, with 1 Life and 2 Defence, it'll likely only take one hit to bring him down, and if you can spare a shot before he gets into melee, you can likely completely negate him. Still, that's a shot you're not hitting someone else with, so he's not entirely without value then. Is he a little stronger than his points would indicate? Maybe. Is he as strong as Isamu? No, not even close. Is he worth taking instead of Isamu? He's a good alternative who provides something completely different. I'm happy with that for a 10 point hero.
Oh, and I'm particularly proud of the bio for this one - took quite a bit of inspiration from Derelict Places, a site my Mum often browses, for that one.

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

~Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for Katto's General and Homeworld.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 4th, 2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old April 1st, 2019, 12:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Fun stuff.
Old April 5th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Hard as ice

The Tome of Steve

The Tome of Steve

Custom Set Sixteen
Foolish Filler

(Card by @mac122 )
Homeworld: Sigil
The figure used for this unit is a modified (read: slightly broken) Games Workshop Dungeons and Dragons figure from 1984.
Its model number and name are C22 Mind Flayer

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 8th, 2019, 07:41 AM
Hard as ice

The Tome of Katto

The Tome of Katto

Custom Set Sixteen

Foolish Filler

(Card by @mac122 )
Homeworld: Grymwold

The figure used for this unit is a Dreamblade figure from the The Base Set.
Its model number and name are #046/ Spellbound Scissors.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; September 27th, 2020 at 08:21 AM.
Old April 8th, 2019, 08:06 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I love it. So weird and whimsical and fun. Thank you for sharing, LO!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 11th, 2019, 11:31 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Nice customs that you have on this thread.
Old May 4th, 2019, 05:09 PM
Hard as ice

Re: Lazy Orang & Family's Classic Customs - Suicidium Scourg

Custom Set Seventeen
Suicidium Scourge

“In summer the empire of insects spreads.”
― Adam Zagajewski

As some of you may know, @Dr.Goomonkey 's latest contest has finished - as always, I entered, but for once, I actually won this time! I know, right? I'm as shocked as you are. I'd like to make a call-out to @All Your Pie 's Vorelanj and Dread Locust Dragoon coming in second place and @Yodaking 's Poxi Vespimic and Insect Drone in third.
This contest was a unique challenge; rather than designing one unit, I had to design two, a Unique Hero and a Common Hero - twice the work! Not only that, but I felt I'd be best off trying to encourage some sort of synergy between them...
Conceptually, I cast my mind back to conversations I'd had with my brother years ago, when he'd described the quite frankly disturbing life cycle of at least one species of insect, which, if I recall correctly, paralysed - or something along those lines - another insect, laid its larvae within it, and whose larvae would, upon developing sufficiently, eat their way out of their still living host, taking their first meal in the process. Yeah, I know, it's as horrible as it sounds... nature can be pretty nasty at times. I didn't want to do something exactly like that, but I definitely wanted to do something in a similar vein - to convey a species of insect with a bizarre, unorthodox and horrifying life cycle, and to do so in a way which would be tactically interesting and fun to play.
I then noticed the spears of the drones and thought; what if those spears were actually oversized stingers? A bit of a stretch, I know, but it could work, and if they were, then using them could be fatal, as it is for a bee. By cribbing slightly from the biology of bees and that other species I recall my brother mentioning but whose name I can't remember (seriously, if anyone has any idea what I was describing, tell me, I'd love to know), I could create a unique insect species with an interesting thematic and strategic duality - they die when they kill, and then can use the corpses of those they kill to nurture their larvae to a (very quick for gameplay purposes) adulthood.
This allowed me to get a nice synergy between the drone and the queen without anything too standard like bonding - the drones die in droves, and the queen's main power is to plant larvae - which develop swiftly into more drones - into corpses. Strategic, symbiotic, disturbing - checks all the boxes I was looking for.
Suicide Swarm is there because, both thematically and to be effective, I knew the drone needed a swarming power, but I didn't want to go for Wyrmling-esque straight-up bonding or something too much like the Marro Drones, and so I decided to double down on the whole 'suicide' aspect - they only get to bond if they're dead at the end of the turn, making for a nice natural limiting factor and consistent theme. Note that it doesn't just work if they die to their own SA - it can also provide compensation if one of them dies to something like Engagement Strike. Larval Cannibalism on Atharm is there because I feared that, for someone so key to this group, she could be assassinated too easily, but I didn't want to make her too tough and any stat-boost felt unthematic anyway. With this power, I was able to convey another disturbing natural behaviour found in the insectoid/arachnid kingdom (I swear whenever a spider in my house has children she eats 80% of them...), allow for further strategic decision making (healing Atharm costs you larvae, which means lost drones in the future) and adds yet more nastiness to the whole concept so that the whole unnerving cycle of death and life oozes from the designs' theme.
Couple of final notes - the Volucris Suicidium were named with the intention of it being their scientific name, and their name translates from the Latin to 'winged suicide creature'. I'm also rather proud of the bios for these two.

Without further ado - Atharm and the Volucris Suicidium!

Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Cards by @mac122

~Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for these two units' General.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 5th, 2019, 02:39 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Have you ever seen Alien or Aliens? Your brother bug story made me think of them.
Old May 5th, 2019, 06:48 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Have you ever seen Alien or Aliens? Your brother bug story made me think of them.
Given the fact that I'm planning on reviving that faction with @Hellfire for C3G, yeah. I think that may have been what kickstarted that conversation - I think he may have been talking about that bug's life-cycle as a possible inspiration for the Alien or as an example of how their life-cycle is disturbingly borderline realistic.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards