Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 17th, 2007, 03:34 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Retiarius

The Book of Retiarius
Thora's Vengeance - Collection 5 - "Gladiators and Agents"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Retiarius was taken from his home, his family, and his life. He wishes he had died on that battlefield, but his wound was not deep enough to finish him, and he was captured as a prisoner of war. War?! What war? This was not war. This was murder, cold-blooded murder and theft! Retiarius’ people only wished to live in peace, but the greed of the Roman Empire knows no bounds. Retiarius was sent to train as a Gladiator. He was instructed in an eclectic, but effective, fighting style using a net and a trident. He fights just to stay alive; he fights clinging to a desperate hope of someday seeing his wife and child again. Summoned to Valhalla, Einar now offers him a new hope:
A hope to return home, free from the shackles of slavery, and free from a life of fighting to survive. So Retiarius uses his gladiator training and fights with a new fervency, for hope seems to lie on the horizon.
(Hasbro)

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - SPARTACUS : Gladiator Inspiration
    As a Gladiator, Retiarius may benefit from Spartacus’ GLADIATOR INSPIRATION move, attack, and defense bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Retarius- If small/medium heroes ever become extremely popular, Retarius may become powerful. Until then,
he remains the second-best gladiator. C
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 06:41 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old May 18th, 2007, 03:55 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Base a Competitive Army Around: Retarius!
Round III
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=4543
Old June 11th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Although he has a great 5 attack and net trip ability, compared to Crixus his 4 life disturbs me. I guess it makes him more equal to Crixus because he's 1 tile taller.

Cory, Trevor: Smokes.
Old June 11th, 2007, 04:51 PM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
I like all 3 gladiators. Yes, even Spartacus. Used in conjunction, these 3 really rock.
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:45 PM

Strange has disabled reputation
Quote:
Power Ranking
Retarius- If small/medium heroes ever become extremely popular, Retarius may become powerful. Until then, he remains the second-best gladiator. C
Thanks to Marvelscape, they have. Has anyone tried fielding Retiarius in a mixed Marvel game?

Whatever does not kill me has made a tactical error.
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:46 PM

Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange
Quote:
Power Ranking
Retarius- If small/medium heroes ever become extremely popular, Retarius may become powerful. Until then, he remains the second-best gladiator. C
Thanks to Marvelscape, they have. Has anyone tried fielding Retiarius in a mixed Marvel game?
Sadly, I don't imagine Ret living very long against the various heroes in Marvel. They can all kill him without even thinking.

Bloody the Marro Stinger is the Chimeran Ravager in the....
KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old September 18th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
Quote:
Power Ranking
Sadly, I don't imagine Ret living very long against the various heroes in Marvel. They can all kill him without even thinking.
Maybe he could do his part if you mixed him with other "kill me first" figures? If everything in the opposing army either has a good chance of one-hit-killing your superhero, or is a boost/command figure who needs to get assassinated, the target selection would be more difficult. Retiarius will be the first choice for attack if he's mixed in with figures who can only wear you down slowly, but if you're facing a hodge-podge of high-priority threats and support heroes, he might work. Perhaps he would be good to have in an all-order-markers-on-Red-Skull army. The enemy has to want to kill everything first.

090 Retiarius
100 Iskra/Rechets
190 Red Skull
120 new Raelin
=500

All right, so maybe Red Skull isn't very viable at 500, but you get the idea.
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:17 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
Quote:
Power Ranking
Maybe he could do his part if you mixed him with other "kill me first" figures? If everything in the opposing army either has a good chance of one-hit-killing your superhero, or is a boost/command figure who needs to get assassinated, the target selection would be more difficult. Retiarius will be the first choice for attack if he's mixed in with figures who can only wear you down slowly, but if you're facing a hodge-podge of high-priority threats and support heroes, he might work. Perhaps he would be good to have in an all-order-markers-on-Red-Skull army. The enemy has to want to kill everything first.

090 Retiarius
100 Iskra/Rechets
190 Red Skull
120 new Raelin
=500

Your army is completely hampered by the fact that you're trying to keep Retiarius, a mediocre hero, alive by sending out other things to get killed first.
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
090 Retiarius
100 Iskra/Rechets
190 Red Skull
120 new Raelin
=500

Your army is completely hampered by the fact that you're trying to keep Retiarius, a mediocre hero, alive by sending out other things to get killed first.
The goal is not necessarily to keep Retiarius in particular alive, but to present the enemy with a list of targets that's made up only of bullet magnets. It's not a protect Retiarius army. The enemy wants to kill Raelin first so that her aura won't slow down his killing of others. He wants to kill Retarius first because he's an anti-superhero threat. He wants to kill Red Skull to stop his manipulation. And he wants to kill Iskra and the Rechets before they can summon.

The idea is that each of these units tends to stick its head up and get it shot off. But if they're all sticking their heads up together, the prime target stigma goes away.
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:32 AM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart
I prefer Crixus because as long as you roll a shield each time you defend you will at survive at least 5 turns. But I think Retiarius' Net trap ability I pretty good and it has worked quite well when i've used him.
Old November 11th, 2008, 12:46 PM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Retiarius

Ordinarily I prefer Crixus but my buddy and I played a game last night where Crixus was worthless and Retiarus was worth his weight in gold. He had Concan, three sentinals, and Raelin bunched up and they destroyed a
full health Crixus without taking a wound. But then I unleashed Retiarus on them had some lucky die rolls(three net trips in a row) and I destroyed a full health Concan and 2 sentinals before Retiarus went down. He was
actually the hero of the game for me as Jim was starting to turn the tide because I didn't have the firepower to hurt his 7 defense die double shield
rolling sentinals. Ah, but a little net and no more defense.

CORVUS
Old November 11th, 2008, 12:52 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Retiarius

I forgot to post here earlier about this, but I still think it's worth posting.

In a Marvel allowed, drafting tournament, the Hulk was DOMINATING. I think he took 5 wins at this point, and no one else had any. Well, along comes Retarius. He net trips the Hulk twice, and in one fell swoop(well, two.) the goliath is dead! Net trip really does come in handy against those supers.

However, the rest of that guy's army was slaughtered by Marcu afterwards.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units