Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 21st, 2017, 05:13 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Kinseth's Customs - Gnoll Faction the works.

I do really like what you are trying to do with him and that's the reason for me being so vocal with my concerns. I want to see him become a part of my collection and a part of canon as a whole.

Unfortunately I'm not sure my concerns would be validated through playtesting. Loss of game focus (which I think is acceptable and even expected for a beer and pretzels game like this) is experienced more through multiplayer games. These are the games where there are likely pauses in game play because someone mentions the new movie hitting theaters or empty glasses need refills. These lapses of focus will inevitably lead to questions of whether something happened in this round or if that was the previous round. Playtesting has to be time consuming enough that I can't imagine testing a figure under a 6 player format like that.

The other part of the concern is in allowing non-X-marker round based abilities as precedence. I've tried to showcase this concern with those example abilities. Should that type of ability be allowed? What if you have a mix of these on the battlefield at once? I think it would undesirable muddy the footprint of the game.
Old January 21st, 2017, 09:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Being able to remember trophy skulls was never an issue for me in all the games I played. I'd much prefer you keep it as is.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 02:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Kinseth , I just checked out your gnoll cards. They are quite thematic and look fun to use. There are a couple of things I noticed on them I'll point out to get fixes. On Ragsh Skull crushers card there are two words that need a space between them in the power, and the second is on the squad. How it is stated it causes confusion whether you use an additional squad of Retchtongue Warband, when I would believe you are probably referring to one additional figure of Retchtongue warband you control. I also checked out Uzog. He looks fun. Thematic with taking the skull. I liked how you pointed out it takes time to take the skull because before that I had pictured him polishing it and admiring it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 27th, 2017, 12:14 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Current version of Uzog. Not sold on Merciless as his personality. (I think Menacing is more appropriate, thanks Wriggz.)

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Last edited by Kinseth; January 27th, 2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old January 27th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

As previously mentioned Menacing seems appropriate here.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 27th, 2017, 01:18 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

I had to look up Durgeth. Thought it was a D&D thing but happy to find you drawing upon Heroscape history!

Durgeth

A savage tribe from deep in the Valhallan region of
Lindsfarme. They held to an area known as the Durgeth
Swamps and used the shifting waters to their advantage.
At the start of the war between the Valkyries, the
Durgeth were destroyed, as their swamps are close to a
wellspring…but it is said to some still lurk, preying on
travelers. When the Durgeth were overrun, their secret
to long life was discovered to be the Comfrey plants that
grow in the Durgeth Swamps.

The Trophy Skulls power is great theme but with 5 attack, it seems that Uzog is already a beast in combat - so lowering defense seems unnecessary. It could drop someone like Nilfheim down to 2 defense so Uzog can take a big chuck out of the dragon in one swing.

Maybe something like Akumaken's Mask of Terror to give Uzog more survivability?

MASK OF TERROR
When a Squad figure adjacent to Akumaken attacks using a normal attack, it subtracts 1 from its attack dice. Figures with the fearless personality are not affected by Mask of Terror.

GRUESOME DISPLAY
If there is a Trophy Skull on this Army Card, when a figure adjacent to Uzog attacks using a normal attack, it subtracts 1 from its attack dice. If there are two Trophy Skulls on this Army Card, when any figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Uzog attacks using a normal attack, it subtracts 1 from its attack dice. Figures with the savage or fearless personality are not affected by Gruesome Display.

The "when any figure attacks .. " would affect your own figures.
Old January 27th, 2017, 01:59 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the new direction for Uzog. Losing move instead of the entire turn isn't as punitive while still carrying some theme. He's pretty survivable and hits hard already even without his bonus so he should probably carry his own weight for his points. Subtracting defense feels appropriate for Valkrill and nicely thematic. I agree that he doesn't feel Merciless and that Menacing would be the better fit.
Old January 27th, 2017, 09:30 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I like the new direction for Uzog. Losing move instead of the entire turn isn't as punitive while still carrying some theme. He's pretty survivable and hits hard already even without his bonus so he should probably carry his own weight for his points. Subtracting defense feels appropriate for Valkrill and nicely thematic. I agree that he doesn't feel Merciless and that Menacing would be the better fit.
Noted another +1 for Menacing.

@TREX - Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. Love the Gnolls!

Old January 27th, 2017, 10:18 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

+1 for Menacing.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 3rd, 2017, 05:14 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: Kinseth's Customs - Re-working Uzog.

Bumping this just to say I loooove Uzog and wish him will in SoV! I might pick up his figure and use him once I get around to buying the Durgeth themselves.
Old June 14th, 2018, 05:01 PM

Re: Kinseth's Customs - Devil Faction

This is something I have been tinkering with for SOV submission. I'd like to get some input before moving it over to the SOV thread. First the cards.

Devils are a very lawful group, lawful evil. They have structure about how things work, who is in charge. Making deals with mortals, however twisted they are and they will stretch those deals to their advantage.

You can read up on all of these in D&D. I wanted to have the "Soul Collector" idea here, where the Devil destroys something, its soul is captured and turned into the Lemure Devils, the lowest form of devils.

From there, they can rise to Imps, a higher form of Devil, and eventually, do enough bad things, you can rise even further.

I am trying to get the powers to represent that here. I am not sure if Imps should also be allowed to form Lemures and if Devil Lords should beable to spawn Imps and Lemures or just Imps.

Feedback is welcomed. These all have great availability as miniatures right now. All are Paizo 99+ along with other sites.

@Ixe @Leaf_It @superfrog

Old June 14th, 2018, 05:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Kinseth's Customs - Devil's Faction(SOV work)

I like the idea in general, but I'll just get right to my feedback and questions:

What's the point of Mindless Attack?
Deal with the Devil can place Imp Devils. Why would you ever use it to place Lemure Devils? (obviously you would do that if you didn't have any previously destroyed Imp Devils, but other than that?)
Rise in Rank limits the faction, I don't know if you like that. It would be hard to design a Unique Devil Hero knowing he could be brought back.

In general I think this might be a cleaner faction as only two cards (the first two), but that might offend your D&D sensibilities.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards