Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 7th, 2017, 12:55 AM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Teeth of the Makwa

Army Ideas?

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old July 7th, 2017, 02:42 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin The Critic View Post
Army Ideas?
How about this...?

Zetacron 60
Makwa x4 320
Raelin 400
Arktos 495

Position the heroes, and try to take full advantage of Arktos's attack bonus. Keeping within 4 of Raelin will make the Makwa annoying with their saving throw. Make the opponent choose to kill one of your heroes. Since all the heroes provide variable bonuses to the squads (either situational attack, situational defense, or horde movement), your opponent will nearly be forced to ignore the squads (who can pelt the enemy with ranged throws).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 10th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey, just a small question for the designers here (as I'm currently translating this card ^^)... Why "Theeth" of the Makwa ? I guess Makwa is the name of a Tribe. But I can't see the point for the use of "teeth"... ^^

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old September 10th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Hey, just a small question for the designers here (as I'm currently translating this card ^^)... Why "Theeth" of the Makwa ? I guess Makwa is the name of a Tribe. But I can't see the point for the use of "teeth"... ^^
Speaking just as someone who uses these, Teeth just feels like a title that a warrior of a tribe might be called. Similar to something like "The blades of Auir" or "The fists of Ironhaven". These are the titles of specific groups within, an organization. They could have called them "Spears of the Makwa", and it would be the same idea. It's a title for a group, but it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what the group actually does. They are "Teeth", because that is their title, and they are from the Makwa tribe, Hence "Teeth of the Makwa".
Old September 10th, 2017, 08:36 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Ah okay I can see the point @Leaf It
Feels just kinda off when translated in French... Being the Spear, the Hand, the Fists of a groups feels like a pride, but about the Teeths... don't know, it might be me. ^^

" We are the one who eats for the others !! "

... sorry just jokin' in there. ^^

French Forum's admin.
Old September 10th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
If I remember correctly, I think that "Makwa" means "bear." So in this case, the "Teeth of the Makwa" fits better than spears, etc. because they're in the bear tribe and bears use their teeth. (So Teeth of the Bear vs Spears of the Bear.) It's also why their defensive ability is called "Shield of the Great Bear," in reference to their deity.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 10th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Marcel Marceau

Oh that makes a lot more sense !! Thank you @BiggaBullfrog

French Forum's admin.
Old December 15th, 2018, 09:02 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

There are many differences between the card displayed and the transcription in the OP, and a couple of them affect gameplay. I'll list everything I noticed...
Quote:
HUNTING PARTY
After taking a turn with a Scout or Tribesman Hero you control, you may immediately move up to six Teeth of the Makwa you control up to 3 spaces each.
  • The card says "Teeth of the Makwa figures."
  • The card uses the numeral 6; transcription says "six."
  • The phrase "a Scout or Tribesman Hero" is a bit ambiguous concerning whether or not the Scout has to also be a Hero. If it was not intended to require the scout to be a hero, then I would recommend inverting the sentence to "A Tribesman Hero or a Scout." If it was intended, then you could deal with this in a few different ways, such as "a Scout Hero or Tribesman Hero" or "a Hero who is a Scout or Tribesman" or somesuch.
Quote:
SHIELD OF THE GREAT BEAR
When a Teeth of the Makwa figure you control receives one or more wounds, you may roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure. If you roll a 16 or higher, ignore any wounds that figure just received.
  • The card has a "16" in the power's title.
  • The card does not actually say "you control," but seems like it should.
  • The card says "before removing that figure, roll the 20-sided die." The transcription says "you may roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure."
  • The card does not say "that figure just received."
  • The inversion above is not critical, but since the card says neither "you control" nor "you may," this would take effect whenever any friendly or even enemy Teeth of the Makwa receives wounds, and it sounds mandatory. Meaning that when one player's figure receives wounds, that player and every other player who also has this card in his army are all commanded to roll the d20. I think we all know what was intended, but still it seems like the card should use the appropriate phrases.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old December 16th, 2018, 01:07 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'll fix the transcription in the OP. Thanks for bringing up the discrepancy.
Old December 17th, 2018, 12:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

OP updated with an accurate transcription. Note that the wording for SotGB is cribbed directly from Stealth Armor 15 from the Microcorp Agents:
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 27th, 2020, 02:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

If you have an order marker on Mohican River Tribe is this order applicable?
  • Mohican River Tribe take a turn. If t least two MRT are engaged:
  • Take a Turn with a Unique Tribesman such as Brave Arrow or Makwa Tribesman
  • Move up to 6 Teeth of the Makwa using Hunting Party

If this is true, you can attack up to 5 times (Makwa Tribesman can attack twice) and move up to 10 figures on one Order Marker. This seems pretty good - although they have low attack/defense stats it is very spammy. Anyone have experience doing this.
Old May 27th, 2020, 02:33 PM
This is merely a joke.

Yes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs