Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 30th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

I was looking to order some future C3V figures, any advice on how many squads of Star Wars Utapaun figures I should get?
Old October 30th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They're a common squad, currently testing at 65 points. Stockpile to taste.

There's nothing about this design screaming at me that you can't have just three (or two) squads, or that five squads is too many. Different people prefer having different number of common squads available; get what's right for you.

And thanks for your interest!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 30th, 2019, 04:54 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

There's nothing about this design screaming at me that you can't have just three (or two) squads, or that five squads is too many. Different people prefer having different number of common squads available; get what's right for you.

Old October 30th, 2019, 05:14 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

Is it a 3 man squad? I already have a stockpile of these guys. Cause you know, I'm a Star Wars guy. I'm not thinking there are any plans for them in HoSS anyways because they don't really do anything in the movies. So this sounds kind of cool to me.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 30th, 2019, 05:26 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup! Three-man squad.

= =
Old November 4th, 2019, 10:53 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Is there a template for creating a Book for SoV, if I should attempt to write one for Kha?

The Book of Cormin the Dark
Soldiers of Valhalla - Deadly Façade

Also, I noticed that the title always has a couple of words to sum up the design, in this case Deadly Façade. How are they generated?

Old November 4th, 2019, 12:08 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm so glad you asked! Of course you may do Kha's, Kolakoski.

Copy & paste from an existing, similar book. Replace all the things as you make your way through. I expect there will be things you have to fix afterward, but nobody will be mad at you and you will get a gold star for doing your first one.

= =
Old November 4th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
The Book of Cormin the Dark
Soldiers of Valhalla - Deadly Façade

Also, I noticed that the title always has a couple of words to sum up the design, in this case Deadly Façade. How are they generated?
That's the set name the figure is in, which is on the basic side.
Old November 4th, 2019, 08:08 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a general question about basing of figures for SoV (and C3V as well) and how much overhang off the base is acceptable. Also, is there specific criteria for how much overhang is acceptable, or is it a case by case basis?

For example which of these following figures pass basing requirements and which don't:
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 4th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Internally, in the C3V, we often look at how well the figure lines up in a 2-hex well, against walls, etc.

Some touching of things is acceptable, of course. The original designers gave us Nilfheim and Grimnak, after all. But, by way of illustration, we seriously considered that phoenix mini but ultimately rejected it. It's just too big at the base. That's often an issue with the Safari, Ltd. line. They make beautiful minis, but because they don't have bases, they will often be too large and/or wide at the bottom for our purposes. It's how they stay stable.

As for your others, all I can say is that we make these decisions on a case-by-case basis, and we look at more photographs and angles than you have here.

= =
Old November 4th, 2019, 09:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think the fire giant is definitely fine, and as D_S said, we considered the Phoenix but ultimately decided against using it (mostly because of the wings, IIRC).

The others? Not sure.
Old November 4th, 2019, 09:45 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

From an SoV perspective, I would the Froghemoth at a glance since it appears to entirely block two nearby spaces and maybe a third. The dragon's tail seems to entirely block a nearby space as well which would be a serious concern, possibly enough for me to downvote it. Official and VC figures with protruding elements may sometimes be obtrusive enough to prevent a small subset of other figures from standing adjacent to them on certain spaces, but any figure that could 100% of the time deny an adjacent space to all figures would be a problem.

Other judges may have different lines, though, and my evaluation is separate from any scrutiny the figure/basing receives in United Fanscape Review.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs