Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 15th, 2018, 09:25 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I feel like a "critical," or a "critical hit," is a term of art in tabletop gaming. And it's one I don't associate with Heroscape. Setting aside the numbers, which could be whack as others are saying, I don't like this power set. It looks like a set of feats from Pathfinder or something.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 15th, 2018, 09:28 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Myrmidon has three powers that all basically do the same thing: buff his attack. I don't suggest trying to meld all those powers into one, but I will suggest dropping any two of them. Why have three? What does three powers provide that a single one does not, except up the unit's cost? Another way to look at it is that all three powers combined makes him do crazy amounts of damage. Drop all three powers and give him 8 Attack and he won't play much differently.

The theme is kinda haphazard too. A human warrior from Eberron that is in some way tormented into working for Valkrill is already a hard sell, but tack on to that that it's a group of people instead of just one, and for some reason they're all about critically hitting things. I see three themes here: a group of human warriors from Eberron, a tormented soul forced to work for Valkrill, and an assassin-like critical hitter. None of these seem to mesh together.
Old June 15th, 2018, 09:52 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Myrmidon has three powers that all basically do the same thing: buff his attack. I don't suggest trying to meld all those powers into one, but I will suggest dropping any two of them. Why have three? What does three powers provide that a single one does not, except up the unit's cost? Another way to look at it is that all three powers combined makes him do crazy amounts of damage. Drop all three powers and give him 8 Attack and he won't play much differently.

The theme is kinda haphazard too. A human warrior from Eberron that is in some way tormented into working for Valkrill is already a hard sell, but tack on to that that it's a group of people instead of just one, and for some reason they're all about critically hitting things. I see three themes here: a group of human warriors from Eberron, a tormented soul forced to work for Valkrill, and an assassin-like critical hitter. None of these seem to mesh together.
I made some changes, hope you like them.
Old June 15th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The two attacks just put it in the over the top category for me. Maybe at 150 points, but then who would use him. You have to drop the double attack or skulls counting double. Or put his attack at 1. At least that's my opinion.
Old June 15th, 2018, 10:17 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Attack 2 seems right. They’re mobile, there are 4 per squad, and they reduce defense.
Doesnt feel right to me, they look and feel like a 3 attack squad. Spectres are a powerful attacking creatures, not some ankle biting goblins.
It is attack of 2 because of the lowered defense. When I look at a design I see a line where attack and defense become threatening, and that line in at 2 attack/defense. 2 Attack won't get through much, and 2 defense won't block much. However once either of them become 3 attack/Defense, they are able to defend/harm much more reliably, even against figures with higher stats like 4/4 or 5/5. So at 3 attack they would be able to hurt things reliably regardless of the lowered defense, and the lowered defense would just compound the threat further. If it was a 2, or 3 figure squad I might consider it, but 4 attacks of 2 (3 on height) is pretty potent. They have Phantom walk so taking height isn't too difficult. As we've all witnessed, it only takes 1 skull to take down even a 9 defense figure. I don't want a very expensive squad to come out of this design, and I feel that 3 attack would be the thing that would push them above that point. Maybe I'll do a few tests and see how they feel, but I'm not likely to officially change it.
I don't like the mindset that "I don't want an expensive squad." if it doesn't feel like their attack matches the theme. Some others say they like 2. From what I can tell, you have attack of 2 strictly to keep costs down, and you are basically negating their special power of -1 defense by making them 2 attack instead of 3 attack.

They don't have any ranged defense like the PK's do. I don't see 4 attacks of 2, and then assuming they always have 3 because they have height, being "That" potent.

Do you have some playtesting reports posted on your custom threads, i'd be interested to see how they have fared in matchups.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 15th, 2018, 10:29 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Quote:

You basically just added another power. That's like the opposite of the advice Scytale gave.

It looks fun, but it's not polished enough for this thread right now.
Old June 15th, 2018, 10:45 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You basically just added another power. That's like the opposite of the advice Scytale gave.

It looks fun, but it's not polished enough for this thread right now.
Are these changes any good.
Old June 15th, 2018, 11:00 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Please keep your personal customs in your personal customs thread until you feel they are ready to get feedback in preparation for SoV.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 15th, 2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Please keep your personal customs in your personal customs thread until you feel they are ready to get feedback in preparation for SoV.
I will keep my customs to myself, thanks for the feedback.
Old June 15th, 2018, 11:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
You're welcome to bring them back to this thread if/when you have workshopped them enough in your own thread to feel they are ready to be submitted to the SoV.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 15th, 2018, 11:50 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
You don't need to keep them to just yourself (I enjoy reading them in your thread from time to time, and I'm sure that there are many others in the same boat), but make sure to finalize your design ideas and playtest them a little bit before bringing them to this thread.
Old June 16th, 2018, 12:10 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I also like reading your customs, so please keep sharing them. Perhaps the 3FG thread would be a good place to get some feedback.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards