Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 7th, 2021, 07:48 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
So the 5 are just whoever ends up being the first 5 to test the unit?
I give out assignments based on various factors, most notably current backlog. That is, when a new unit comes in I generally assign it to the Judges with the least number of units they're already assigned to. Unfortunately for those of us with higher outputs, that means more work.
Old August 6th, 2021, 06:41 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

It's funny, I find it crazy that someone is creating and updating wiki pages on everything or playing almost any videogame until their fingers bleed or researching almost any movie to an inch of it's life. Whereas I've written as much about heroscape tactics as anyone and spend my share of hours on the dozen or so units I've reviewed, and that feels normal.

Humans are funny that way.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 8th, 2021, 06:05 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

For sure. Cool. Thanks for helping me understand the process.
Old August 10th, 2021, 12:36 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I haven't looked at whatever design is being discussed at the moment, so I mean nothing against it, when I point out that "Design A has Feature 1; why shouldn't Design B?" is often tempting as an argument, but rarely persuasive. The burden is on the designer, not the critic, to justify.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 10th, 2021, 03:42 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What about Devout? That can potentially be a more sinister version of Loyal. I've used it for that before.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 10th, 2021, 08:32 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Some updates that make this guy stand out, thought I would check in for a temperature reading.

Old August 11th, 2021, 12:16 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Fo-To-Ki-Ro is looking pretty good. Stats are decent, left- and right-sides, and the powers are interesting. I don't think Mutant Resistance is a necessary addition and the design would be cleaner without it, but it isn't bad. I would prefer if you renamed it Resistance 1 to make it more generally useful.

The Feral Swog is solid. The pictures sell it as a Swog, and the design is pretty cool. Beast Training is a clever way to give it syngery possibilities between both Predator and Beast. Swift Strike Special Attack isn't much different than First Strike in practice, but giving a cheap special attack bonding hero to Orcs and Spiders has value.
Old August 12th, 2021, 10:36 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Some updates that make this guy stand out, thought I would check in for a temperature reading.

Ok, so changes I'm on board with at the moment are:

Remove third ability. (No Issues)
Rename second ability. (Probably just to - > Grafted Arms)
Examine race. (Not really a sticking point, the sculpt is a Dire Troll -> Mutated Troll. I tried mutant because Troll seems to bother some people even though WoTC designed the sculpt to represent that)

As for limbs and faces being baked in. WoTC created the sculpt to represent a Dire Troll from DnD. A mutated troll that is warped by magic, eats other creatures and other trolls and its regeneration ability has gone whack which is why it has additional faces and arms. They are a result of eating other creatures. I would say I'm pretty close to in line with what the company made the sculpt to represent.

I will think about it a bit, there are some good points to examine, I wasn't necessarily worried about how long he would survive in combat because 8 life is a lot to eat through. Things can always be made stronger lol.
Old August 12th, 2021, 10:45 AM

There's nothing wrong with taking design inspiration from what the figure originally was. That's especially true if you are making this from a D&D world, in which case it should have species Troll or maybe Dire Troll. Homeworld is very important here.

But this isn't a beholder or displacer beast or stormtrooper. It does have a look reminiscent of the D&D trolls, but I think you could get away with making this thing something else entirely. An Abomination from beyond, or something. It wouldn't have to be something that absorbs other creatures at all, just a monster.

That said, I don't necessarily agree with wriggz about the overall design. I think the concept could be fun (though I really dislike the name "Multi-Arms Race"). Adding attacks by killing things is unique and fits well enough.
Old August 11th, 2021, 12:50 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Thanks to @superfrog for making the card for Feral Swog!

What happens to those Swogs when their Riders get killed? For those not captured, they go Feral into Aquilla's forests. Though if captured by Orcs, they still remember their training.

Beast Training is written to be re-useable by other Creatures who could be treated as Beasts. The wording is based off the replacement effects occasionally used by C3G.

Swift Strike SA is meant to represent surprise attacks. And to give Spiders access to a SA. I could see it renamed to Feral Swipe but again wanted it to be re-useable.

Disengage because Swog Rider has disengage.

I also wanted to create the Swogs due to seeing the cool mini, and wanting to give Spiders and Arrow Gruts a midrange cost hero for bonding to round out points if they didn't have space/figures for another squad in their armies.

Cost reference comparisons to Nerak.

The mini for this figure is Smilodon (Sabertooth Tiger) - Kingmaker #30 Pathfinder Battles.

Size comparison photos to Swog Rider:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MegaSilver; August 11th, 2021 at 02:20 AM.
Old August 11th, 2021, 12:41 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Mr Fo is cool.

Couple thoughts:
- I don't like the restriction on his inability to attack figures more than once unless it's large or huge. That seems like a blatant way to just keep him from being too strong against medium heroes or squaddies without any other design reason. What's the thematic reasoning that would make this ability work that way? Additionally, I don't understand the power name. What does Multi-Arms Race mean? Are you suggesting his Race (mutant) is a multi-armed race and therefore that's why he gets more attacks? I just don't think it makes clear sense. I'd prefer something simpler like the way the Hydra was handled. Just call it "Grafted Arms", "Extra Arms" or "Multi-Arms". a name like that is very clearly understood

- I agree the last ability is unnecessary. Take that away and you've got a much tighter design.

----

Love the swog. It's one of those customs that just "feels right"... 'nough said.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 11th, 2021, 12:46 PM

Because the mutant is voracious. It has multiple arms and heads that just want to eat. It cant focus on pummeling down one foe unless it is big enough to draw its attention. Afterall, it isnt trying to squash you because it hates you. Its hangry

As for the ability name, Quozl made that a few pages back because it's a pun on the term: Arms Race

I'll drop the mutant resistance, made him really threatening to q9 but if it doesnt fit then I get it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards