Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old January 10th, 2017, 04:54 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah soundoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
UTAH MONTHLY JANUARY 2017

Time: 11 AM

Cost: $5 (100% of entries will go to prize support! And donating prizes is always welcome as well, of course. I personally have something kind of funny and unique to donate.)

Format: We’ll kick the New Year off nice and easy, and do a pretty standard tourney.

- 500 point armies
- 24 hex limit
- At least one 50+ point unique hero required.
- SoV & C3V allowed, Marvel not allowed. (It’s funny, I asked a decent handful of players, and most were either apathetic or supportive of SoV and C3V, but most were anti-Marvel)
- Glyphs: Initiative+8, Defense +1, D20 +1, Move +2, Unique Attack +1, Common +1
- 4 rounds if we play slowly, 5 rounds if we play quickly.

Maps: TBD. If y’all have suggestions, let me know. I have some terrain, but not bins and bins like I know some of you do, so your help will be required!

PLEASE POST IF YOU’LL BE IN ATTENDANCE. It helps the logistics of a lot of things.
You should make a thread for these in the Events forum.

Also, I might just be blind, but I don't see a date for this event anywhere in the post.
Old January 10th, 2017, 12:36 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
UTAH MONTHLY JANUARY 2017

Time: 11 AM

Cost: $5 (100% of entries will go to prize support! And donating prizes is always welcome as well, of course. I personally have something kind of funny and unique to donate.)

Format: We’ll kick the New Year off nice and easy, and do a pretty standard tourney.

- 500 point armies
- 24 hex limit
- At least one 50+ point unique hero required.
- SoV & C3V allowed, Marvel not allowed. (It’s funny, I asked a decent handful of players, and most were either apathetic or supportive of SoV and C3V, but most were anti-Marvel)
- Glyphs: Initiative+8, Defense +1, D20 +1, Move +2, Unique Attack +1, Common +1
- 4 rounds if we play slowly, 5 rounds if we play quickly.

Maps: TBD. If y’all have suggestions, let me know. I have some terrain, but not bins and bins like I know some of you do, so your help will be required!

PLEASE POST IF YOU’LL BE IN ATTENDANCE. It helps the logistics of a lot of things.
You should make a thread for these in the Events forum.

Also, I might just be blind, but I don't see a date for this event anywhere in the post.
This identical post is in the Events Calendar, is that what you mean by Events forum?

And the date of the event was in the post just above this big informational one, but yes, it would make sense for it to be in the big informational one too Edited!

You going to be able to make it? Get a chance to show off your sweet customs!
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:20 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

This identical post is in the Events Calendar, is that what you mean by Events forum?
There's a subform where you can post a thread for an event, tag people there, list information in a first post for reference, etc. It might make it easier to post relevant information and coordinate with people, or doing it in here would probably work fine as well. Your call.

True and I should be able to make it. And I'm more than willing to help with maps and whatever else - just let me know. I can PM you a list of the terrain I have if you'd like as well.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:35 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:

There's a subform where you can post a thread for an event, tag people there, list information in a first post for reference, etc. It might make it easier to post relevant information and coordinate with people, or doing it in here would probably work fine as well. Your call.

True and I should be able to make it. And I'm more than willing to help with maps and whatever else - just let me know. I can PM you a list of the terrain I have if you'd like as well.
You da man, Bigga! I'll hunt down that thread, and get it going. No harm in posting everywhere

And yes, you are a map king - a list of your terrain would be stellar. Thanks, amigo!
Old January 12th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Our next tournament for Idaho is up here.

Format you ask? HEROSCAPE HORDES

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 16th, 2017, 12:08 AM

Starling_ Woo who?

I am new to this site and I am down to be coming on the 28th. Do I need to bring my own 500 point army? Or how does it work?
Old January 16th, 2017, 01:25 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starling_ View Post
I am new to this site and I am down to be coming on the 28th. Do I need to bring my own 500 point army? Or how does it work?
Welcome! You're in a great community!! Here in Utah and Idaho we have a very active group of Heroscapers and you're going to have a great time! We have tournaments frequently and there are a lot of great players...glad to get some new blood!

As for the event, if you have a fair collection go ahead and bring a 500pt army, but I have no doubt some of the guys wouldn't mind letting you borrow some units for the day if you want to build an army with figures you may not own. At least, in events I run...I always provide the figures for others attending, and I'm sure others would be more than willing to help.

Again welcome, and stay tuned on this thread for all future events because last year alone we held 7 tournaments between Idaho and Utah.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 16th, 2017, 02:20 AM

Starling_ Woo who?

Awesome thanks for letting me know. I have several other questions too if you don't mind? How many people usually attend? It's alright/encouraged to bring friends right? The more the merrier? I have a few friends that have played before but not much at all.
Old January 16th, 2017, 03:15 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Awesome thanks for letting me know. I have several other questions too if you don't mind? How many people usually attend? It's alright/encouraged to bring friends right? The more the merrier? I have a few friends that have played before but not much at all.
Welcome Starling! It's always great to have another player in the area!

In the past three months I believe that we've had around 16 players at each of our tournaments if I remember correctly, so a pretty decent crowd. I'm not sure how many will be there on the 28th yet as I haven't been paying as close attention, but probably at least 10 I believe. And you're definitely encouraged to bring friends! The more the merrier for sure! And experience level doesn't matter at all - most players (myself included) just like to show up to have a good time playing a game we all love. Everyone is super friendly and helpful when playing with people who don't have as much experience.

And don't hesitate to ask any other questions you may have! We're always more than willing to provide answers - we've got a good group here! I'm excited to meet you on the 28th!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old January 18th, 2017, 05:42 PM

relish Woo who?

Quote:
Yeah welcome! Sorry guys, I won't be able to make the game this time. Would love to use some C3V, but it'll have to wait

Kaemon Awa approves this message.
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:17 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relish View Post
Quote:
Yeah welcome! Sorry guys, I won't be able to make the game this time. Would love to use some C3V, but it'll have to wait
Oh well, we'll catch ya next time @relish ! I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your C3V!!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old January 19th, 2017, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relish View Post
Quote:
Take a weekend trip up here to Rexburg...we're having a tourney on February 11th and C3V is allowed. The tournament is called The Wilds of Valhalla, where the maps used will be determined by the map building contest we're running here (the prize of which will be a BOSS dice tower made by @TREX ), and the format is Hordes of Heroscape; in other words...no figure limit. 450pt armies yes....but you better believe I'm considering taking 8 squads of Venocs!

That said, the invitation is out to all you Utahans!! Any of you guys think you'll be making it up for this one? If so, please let us know....and don't come up with the lame excuse that it's a long drive, cause that never stopped me But yeah, keep me posted...the event is here.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers