Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 5th, 2021, 08:22 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Mutant Lizardmen....that sounds legit.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 5th, 2021, 11:28 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

If they are intended to be mutants from Earth like Motley Max, then I don't love them. The brutish garb helps sell it, but the body proportions and tail/faces seem distinctly nonhuman in a way that Motley Max doesn't quite match.

That said, Mutant is indeed a broad term and there are plenty of other planets that they could originate from with the same species. Jackals does stand out as being a bit awkward for the class.
Old August 6th, 2021, 12:30 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh they aren’t from *earth,* as I saw it. Just mutants.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 6th, 2021, 12:55 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks like it'll be great! We can use some more mutant/mad max theme in the game.
Old August 6th, 2021, 10:16 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Not from Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
I'm working on a design for some henchmen from Motley Max's era, and I found some great sculpts that I need some feedback on.
So the answer is no, they can't be from Motley Max's era?

I'm personally fine with them from future Earth. Who knows what caused such inhuman monstrosities (failed human experiments? mutations from radiation?), but yeah, it's a messed up place.
Old August 6th, 2021, 10:30 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Not from Earth?
Just a reminder to all designers:

Just because one person doesn't like an aspect of your design does not mean you should change it. Have a strong vision and present it well. For every person that does not like one thing, there may be two more who would be disappointed if that one thing was changed. So just be true to your vision for the design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 6th, 2021, 12:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

How many No votes sinks a design though?
Having one person (with a vote) against you, already puts you on the ropes, regardless if every person without a vote thinks it is awesome.
Or am I not understanding the process here?
You have to pass first through the SoV and then through the C3V unified vote and only those people's vote matter correct?

I do agree that one should stay true to their vision of the design and be proud of that but if induction into SoV is what you seek, you are at the mercy of those who have the power to vote. So heed their words.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 6th, 2021, 03:43 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
How many No votes sinks a design though?
Having one person (with a vote) against you, already puts you on the ropes, regardless if every person without a vote thinks it is awesome.
Or am I not understanding the process here?
You have to pass first through the SoV and then through the C3V unified vote and only those people's vote matter correct?

I do agree that one should stay true to their vision of the design and be proud of that but if induction into SoV is what you seek, you are at the mercy of those who have the power to vote. So heed their words.
Initial submission review needs a majority of the SoV Judges, which is currently 4 out of 7. That vote is the most lax, allowing most things are that reasonable to get through.

Then it goes to the first United Fanscape Review vote. That also requires a majority (currently out of 16), though that rarely draws all IS members. It's normally highest count, yea or nay, after a week.

Then it's on to Judging. That requires 4 Yea reviews out of 5. Very few units have made it through with the one allowed Nay.

Finally, after Editing and Art create a new card, the unit goes to a final United Fanscape Review vote. That is, again, a majority of IS members (16), though it's usually called after a week.

In some sense, one person disliking something is just 1 out of 16 votes, but since not everyone votes on every proposal it's more like 1 out of 12, and the initial submission 1 out of 7 if a Judge dislikes it.

The number of times I've seen a unit, SoV or C3V, go through with 100% agreement from IS members is very few in all the years I've been there. We all have different likes and dislikes and hard lines, and opinions range from mild preferences to extreme support or dissent.

I really don't recommend creating units for SoV approval. It's kind of like taking a unit through the C3V process, except by yourself, with very little IS feedback (even including this thread) along the way. Pretty big hurdle (as anyone who's seen what the journey looks like on the inside can attest). Instead, I encourage creators to make their own customs for themselves and their friends. If some are especially great, consider taking them here to get a feel for their VC viability.
Old August 6th, 2021, 04:25 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the clarity.
I am a little unclear on why there are 7 voters on the Submission but 5 on the Judging. How is that determined?

After that it looks like the critical vote is the 4 out of 5, so those 5 are the ones I would want input from during creation, so I could avoid getting a Nay based on something besides game play, while keeping in mind any issues brought up by the other 7-11 voting members, if I were to attempt this.
And I totally agree with your final sentiment. You should make customs that you enjoy and if one fits the criteria set here, give it a spin.
Old August 6th, 2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I am a little unclear on why there are 7 voters on the Submission but 5 on the Judging. How is that determined?
When SoV started a supermajority of Judges were required to pass a unit. But frankly, that's absurd. We each have to run lots of games, at least a dozen tests usually. The queue is already pretty large, even with units usually requiring only 2 to 4 votes. Testing is a real time-sink and we're just volunteers. It wasn't long before the SoV rules were changed so that less Judges are required to test a unit.

Quote:
After that it looks like the critical vote is the 4 out of 5, so those 5 are the ones I would want input from during creation, so I could avoid getting a Nay based on something besides game play, while keeping in mind any issues brought up by the other 7-11 voting members, if I were to attempt this.
I, and I think the other Judges, look for different things when reviewing a unit than for early voting. If I don't like some aspect of a unit, I will look past that when writing a review. It will color my review to some degree (and perhaps contribute to a Nay), but that's not what that phase of the process is for. For example, if I didn't want these lizardy-things to be Earth Mutants, I would vote against it in UF Review, but if they passed UF I would simply accept that and focus on gameplay for my testing review.
Old August 6th, 2021, 06:19 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I can echo Scytale on The looking past part. I've reviewed a bunch of units and there are some themes I don't care for and some I don't see the reason to add.

Personalty or class (that don't impact game play) are a good examples of something that I may vote down to review but will normally look past if no one else is bothered by it.

It is worth noting there are some really good theory scrapers on the SoV and C3G team combined. They are good at spotting boring/complex/unfun/annoying/broken designs pretty quickly.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 6th, 2021, 06:23 PM

Right on.
Thanks again. So the 5 are just whoever ends up being the first 5 to test the unit?

I can hardly believe you have enough to people to pull this off as it is a lot of work for mostly the reward of others, though you do get the satisfaction of helping to add to the VC library.
What I have learned in the custom game is people are motivated by different things and you need a group with various motivations to really make it work as there are so many layers to the entire process.
The community is really lucky to have a group like this that is willing to grind through all the testing to provide the individual custom designer an opportunity to join the VC ranks.
Keep up the great work. I always enjoy reading the reviews.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards