Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 19th, 2015, 01:25 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
C3V & SoV Alternate Figures

I am not officially a member of the C3V/SoV, so please forgive me for taking this upon myself, but I would like to get the ball rolling on this idea I have had for awhile. We NEED to have alternate figures for all of the C3V/SoV units that are hard to obtain for a reasonable cost (I will define reasonable here as there being a every-day supply to get $8 for a non-huge hero, and $15 for a huge hero or any squad, whether common or unique - which is double-triple what Heroscape figures cost at MSRP). Many people are recently trying to get into C3V/SoV and are finding that lack of obtainable miniatures is a stumbling block, and IMHO this is one of the most important factor hurting Valhalla Customs, and feel getting older units more available is a more urgent need than making new units. We will discuss on this thread and if need be have voting either public or by sanctum members similar to normal C3V/SoV process. Once agreed upon, the books will mention both miniatures and alternate cards will be published, and then tournament directors that allow C3V/VC would allow these alternate figures.

Please post suggestions on miniatures to use. Ideally, there should be 100+ of them available combining all online stores, eBay, amazon, etc., and be $5 or less for a small-large hero, and $12 or less for a squad or Huge hero. Although you might not be able to get one that looks that similar, it should be relatively the same size. For example, for the nearly impossible to obtain MechWarrior miniatures, some Star Wars miniatures might suffice even though they will look nothing alike, you can find miniatures the same height and relative profile. Plase visit sites on Shopping for SoV/C3V minis or look at the linked Heroscape C3V & SoV spreadsheet for places to look for alternative figures.

I have went through every miniature and compiled a list of where to find each in my Heroscape C3V & SoV Spreadsheet, and have found the below list of figures unreasonably hard to obtain, for which we desperately NEED alternate figures for.

AT-43:
Bullyland:
Confrontation:
Dungeon Crawler:
Dungeons and Dragons:
Spoiler Alert!

Heroclix:
Spoiler Alert!

Heroscape:
Spoiler Alert!

Mage Knight:
MechWarrior:
Pathfinder:
Reaper:
Spoiler Alert!

Star Wars:
Spoiler Alert!

World of Warcraft:

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 12th, 2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old October 20th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V & SoV Alternate Figures

Here are a few cards I made up for Mini's I never found:

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 20th, 2015, 10:35 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I have a bunch of proxy figures for VC units, but a quick search on availability of those figures doesn't turn up anything like the levels you're looking for. Here are two that might work:
Crypt Guardian
Spoiler Alert!

Ulfrid Hornwrangler
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 20th, 2015, 01:36 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@wriggz Thanks! I already have the last dwarf for Ulfrid so I will be using him. When I have time, I will search for what miniatures those are, but if you know the brand, set, name and number of each mini, that would be awesome.
@IshMEL Thanks too. I know finding a mini with more than 100 available at a chaep cost may be hard for some, but if we want to have quasi-official alternates, then I would pick the one with the highest availability.
Old October 20th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Didn't the Pathfinder figures just get a re-release. A bit pricey, but its not like 5-6$ is unreasonable for HS figures these days.

All I really want is Kira Jax, my full maridean army really misses their leader
Old October 20th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Didn't the Pathfinder figures just get a re-release. A bit pricey, but its not like 5-6$ is unreasonable for HS figures these days.

All I really want is Kira Jax, my full maridean army really misses their leader
I hadn't suggested it here, since there's not a ton of them out there that I can see, but I'm using Anya Stroud from the Gears of War Heroclix set. I only see a couple on Coolstuff and a handful on eBay.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 20th, 2015, 04:01 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Here's my take on Kira Jax:

The Figure used is Daisy Fitzroy - 004
She looks like a leader, especially when she's standing next to my ragtag buch of Maeridians lol
Old November 28th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Golem Mechanic and Troll Gunner are the exact correct figures for Beorn Boltcutter and Rygarn respectively, and the ones I'll be using - they just have different paint jobs. I don't know how available they are, so it may not mean much, but it opens it up a bit, at least.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 26th, 2016, 01:08 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

In addition to those, there are some other Mage Knight figures that are the same sculpt as the official ones. @lefton4ya -- I don't know if you want to update your spreadsheet with these?

Rygarn: Amotep Norda, Troll Gunner

Andask: Chofni, Corrupted Priest

Beorn: Golem Mechanic, Rigger Turga
Old January 26th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yep, IshMEL, good ones - in fact I mentioned two of them.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 27th, 2016, 12:26 AM

Thanks @IshMEL I will update the spreadsheet plus compile all the suggestions in this thread to the OP by the weekend.
Old February 8th, 2016, 06:34 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd just like to say, thank you for the spreadsheet, it has been very helpful to me as someone who is just starting to get into C3V/SoV.

I'm a stickler for getting the exact mold that was approved for some reason, so figures like the Ebon Armor, are very painful.

As a side note, several of the links lead to 404 errors.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs