Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 7th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

It was in a place where it was pretty close but not there. It’s ok to back up from there, as you’ve done. But the design is now too fluid to benefit from the treatment of this thread, IMO.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 7th, 2018, 03:00 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It was in a place where it was pretty close but not there. It’s ok to back up from there, as you’ve done. But the design is now too fluid to benefit from the treatment of this thread, IMO.
I agree! Time to hit the books and do some play testing. I got a lot of great ideas from everyone!
Old January 7th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It’s not ready for playtesting. When you brought it to my thread you had a theme and mechanics expressing that theme. Now it looks like you no longer know what you want to do.

Figure out what you want. Then go from there.

= =
Old January 7th, 2018, 03:58 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Will do! I did have an solid idea on the theme and mechanics. After hearing everyone's input I started second guessing myself. I'll get what I want straighten out.
Old January 30th, 2018, 01:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Any thoughts on this guy? He's such a dynamic sculpt that I think it would be a shame not to include him in FanScape. And I think it would be nice for the Greenscales to have another Lizard King that's actually a Lizardfolk.

Price on this guy is still subject to testing, but I just want to see if the powers make thematic sense. I think I'm pretty set on all the stats.
Old January 30th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I have come to feel that the custom community has become too enamored with making powers that match the miniature, much more so than the ODs. That said, Spiked Shield is an interesting power.

Something about Tribal Desperation seems off to me. I can't really place it, though. Maybe just the name?

The overall design is pretty neat. Despite the low defense, he has pretty good survivability and even defender aspects, and fits well with the Greenscales.
Old January 30th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I have come to feel that the custom community has become too enamored with making powers that match the miniature, much more so than the ODs. That said, Spiked Shield is an interesting power.
I couldn't agree more with both of Scytale's comments. I *like* Spiked Shield, but the name is just a little too "on the nose." Something like "Furious Defense" captures the same theme, which is also expressed by the mini's spiked shield, without feeling quite so clumsy.

Tribal Desperation has a couple of issues. One of which, as Scy suggests, is the name, which we can discuss. At first I thought, "Oh, another power depending on him having a wound. Seems a bit much." Then I thought, "Oh, wait, the two powers could play off with each other in an interesting way." And I was into it. But now I'm thinking, "No, actually they don't relate in any interesting, thematic, or meaningful way." So could you speak to that, please? And if we want to get serious about it then we can fix the name.

= =
Old January 30th, 2018, 01:42 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Spiked Shield seems like an interesting retaliation threat although it doesn't seem to provide much actual defense. Does he still get the damage if that last wound destroyed him (or if he was bumped off by poison weapons)?

I don't quite get the 3 wound threshold on Tribal Desperation. I think I can see some justifications but it just feels a bit clunky.
Old January 30th, 2018, 01:44 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Yeah, I think that's true. Part of that may be the fact that our design process often goes from sculpt to card instead of the other way around.

Quote:
Something about Tribal Desperation seems off to me. I can't really place it, though. Maybe just the name?
It is a bit of an odd name. I designed this guy as a foil to Zogross in a lot of ways. Attack oriented rather than defense oriented. The powers encourage the opponents to attack Exorrin while they can't attack Zogross, but with penalties for doing so in both cases.

I named it "Tribal ___" in reference to that. Not sure if there's a better noun at the end there.

Quote:
The overall design is pretty neat. Despite the low defense, he has pretty good survivability and even defender aspects, and fits well with the Greenscales.
Thanks for the kind words (and the critiques).
Old January 30th, 2018, 03:34 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Suggestion

Tribal Revival?
Tribal Renewal?
Tribal Invigoration?
Tribal Rally?

~Dysole, with a thesaurus.com a click away
Old January 30th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Tribal Zealot, if all you want to do is change the name to something capturing your theme here.

Edit:

On the larger subject of naming, what often happens in this thread and elsewhere is powers named something like this:

[Quality associated with Thing 1][Thing 2]

The two should go together neatly. In "Tribal Desperation," what is "tribal" about the "desperation"? Is the tribe itself desperate? If so, how is the desperation of the tribe expressed in this power? It's not. The thesaurus won't answer these questions. Hence my suggestion of "Tribal Zealot." The two words fit together: He is a zealot of the tribe, and because he is a zealot, full of fury and unafraid, his rage and determination only rise as the tribe is harmed.

Not trying to pick on SF here. This comes up all the time, here and elsewhere. Just be mindful of it, you writers out there, and you are all welcome to ask in my Help With Wurdz thread, where I try to help with exactly this type of issue.

= =
Old January 30th, 2018, 04:07 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

The more and more I look at this guy, the more I like it.

I wouldn't restrict his Spiked Shield ability to just Normal attacks, I'd change it to something like;

If Exxorin takes exactly one wound from an adjacent figure, that figure also receives a wound.

This way, when he jumps into Cathar's etc, he can still hit back.

As for Tribal name, something about Survival of the fittest perhaps? Survival of Species ?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards