Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 1st, 2020, 12:39 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Thanks for the feedback. We’re pretty happy with it so far as well. 6 move does kinda make sense for these guys and being predators is unfortunate since that’s actually how they’re classified IRL. Not really sure what else they would fit...suggestions?
Neat design. I agree with Scytale about the move value, but otherwise they all around look great. Not sure about what name instead of predator. Stalker maybe. They may be a tiny bit overpriced, but testing should round that out fine. What models are you using for the scorpions? Just curious, I haven't picked up new scape in awhile, but am getting ready to do a massive reprint on most of my units I sold and will probably be printing proxies for others that I have cool files for.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 1st, 2020, 10:44 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

With that redness, what do you think about making them Volcarren Scorpions, with Lava Resistance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 1st, 2020, 11:50 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

This design looks really cool. Couple things that jump out at me- are scorpions jungle creatures? I think they can be, I’m just used to seeing them in the desert. Also, Scy makes a good point about Predator. I think the most obvious backup pick would be Hunters. As for whether you want 5 or 6 Move, I don’t think the sculpt or theme demands 6 Move, but feel free to go for it- 5 or 6 seems equally reasonable from a theme standpoint. Nice unit, guys!
Old October 1st, 2020, 12:24 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With the thought of them being more desert creatures than jungle creatures, maybe have a hide in sand type effect where if they're on a sand tile you need to be adjacent to attack them with either a normal or special attack. Makes you need to engage them more, which helps their powers come into play. What is the mini used for these? Anthony safari ltd bug?
Old October 1st, 2020, 12:42 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

The figure is LovesTown Fake Scorpion...they can be found on Amazon for cheap and plentiful.

Oooo, I actually really like the Volcarren Scorpion angle...will need to talk that over with Leaf. That said, they are more brown than red...though I guess you could argue they're more of a "dirty brick" red. hmmm.

That, and we already have a "Ticallan Spider" squad...so maybe another angle with the lava makes sense. I like it.

EDIT: also if we made them Volcarren Scorpions, do you think that would necessitate a change in General? i.e. to Utgar because some terrains are kind of associated directly with terrain types (lava=Utgar, Ice=Jandar, Swamp/Jungle=Aquilla)

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 2nd, 2020, 12:28 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Had a brainstorm sesh with Leaf and we made a few changes. We didn't like the Volcarren angle after all, but we did get excited about these as Desert inhabitants in the Blasted Lands where the Honor Guard hail from.

Here's the new card and their bio. We'll be playtesting this version.
Quote:

Climb the highest dune in the Skeldor Desert, shake the sands of the Blasted Lands, and you will hear them coming.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 2nd, 2020, 12:54 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm a little concerned about the potential of Stinger Venom when paired with Estivara and 6 move. A 6 range attack +1 aura is definitely worth 80 points when running these guys, and it won't be uncommon for them to get height. It's definitely a synergy worth testing carefully.

Carapace is interesting. I like how it lets them have a low base defense of 2 while still being able to shrug off some attacks.

I think that the name could use a bit of work. Each of the existing insects have some kind of fancy gibberish in their name--Fyorlag, Xualtiaca, Aunstrom, et cetera--albeit they also originate from Valhalla instead of another planet.

I don't see why they're following Einar. They feel like classic Aquilla insects. Einar has had a couple of desert-based units before, sure, but the card and theme still really lean more towards Aquilla here.
Old October 2nd, 2020, 01:11 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like the desert theme well enough, but I agree that Einar doesn't feel like a great fit here. Doesn't fit with anything about the design other than the desert idea, and that's pretty darn loose. I don't hate it, though. I also agree with making their name fancier. Why not keep them on Valhalla? Make up a desert there if there isn't already one.

The design, unfortunately, has to deal with the reality of Estivara. Because she exists, the scorpions have to be designed with her in mind, yet also capable of standing on their own. That may be tricky. You may need to rework Stinger Venom to be less dependent on the number of attack dice rolled.
Old October 2nd, 2020, 01:54 AM

This is really good feedback. General and name are interchangeable without affecting playtesting, so we may have to give it some more thought. As for Estivava, you make a good point, we’ll have to watch for that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 2nd, 2020, 09:22 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

FWIW, Crumland (south-west) is a desert in Valhalla.

But I quite like the idea of those Scorpions being from the frontier between Ticalla and the rest of the Continent (i.e. around Volcarren or maybe the Valley of Skulls), like some hidden guardians on the path to the uncharted jungle of Aquilla.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old October 4th, 2020, 11:49 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Just spitballing a way for Estivata to improve them without making them too much better than they are without here.

STINGER VENOW
When attacking with a High Dunes Scorpion, if at least one skull is rolled, the defending figure subtracts [X] defense dice.

Make X whatever you want, so long as it’s a flat defense reduction instead of increasing with the number of skulls rolled. That way, Estivara makes you more likely to hit the defense reduction, and capitalize off of it with an extra skull, without chucking 2-3 defense reduction at the defending figure.

I agree, Einar doesn’t fit as well as say, Utgar it Aquilla. And Valhalla makes more sense than Arctorus, unless the Scorpions have some other special feature that only comes from Arctorus.
Old October 4th, 2020, 02:40 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'm just chiming in to say I support going wild with insect generals. I legitimately was looking for some scorpions to make Vydar Agents - as in, Agents of the Scorpion Protectorate from somewhere in Valhalla.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards