Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old January 31st, 2018, 07:51 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Workshop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I’m resubmitting this map for consideration by my fellow ARV judges to review through playtesting. I originally removed it from playtesting because I felt it didn’t meet the right competitive standards, but I feel that it is much more balanced now.

Download
to consider this map.
Old January 31st, 2018, 10:22 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Barren Plateau has received enough votes and will be playtested and reviewed for tournament worthiness.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 10th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Obsidian Wastes 1.1

Thoughts?
Old February 11th, 2018, 02:12 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@Leaf_It I like this version better, though those edges where the glyphs are is really weird. They're sticking out pretty far, while the rest of the map has a good uniformity to it. The glyph placement also DOESN'T allow double-spaced figures to activate them, and it's also problematic (imo) that the glyph is only engageable from 2 positions...would be easy to protect a glyph holder from attacks. Other than that though, I like the ruins helping out with melee developing armies, and I like how the center area has been flattened more to allow for easier movement.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 11th, 2018, 05:06 AM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
@Leaf_It I like this version better, though those edges where the glyphs are is really weird. They're sticking out pretty far, while the rest of the map has a good uniformity to it. The glyph placement also DOESN'T allow double-spaced figures to activate them, and it's also problematic (imo) that the glyph is only engageable from 2 positions...would be easy to protect a glyph holder from attacks. Other than that though, I like the ruins helping out with melee developing armies, and I like how the center area has been flattened more to allow for easier movement.
I kind of rushed this version out today before I went to do some other stuff, and I forgot to make sure the glyph was accessible for Double spaced figures. I'll fix it and re-work those corners.
Old February 11th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

While you're working on the glyphs/corners I'd also look at the movement that it takes to get to them. Right now 6-move figures can get there faster than 5-move figures, and we all know we don't need to encourage Deathreavers any more.

Also this is a very very very minor concern, but if you could make it so the Start Zones are more intuitive then that would only help the map. But if not then no problem.

Just wanted to get those two thoughts out there. I'm still considering the map and will post more when I figure more out.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 13th, 2018, 05:24 AM

Request for Review

Updated:
Obsidian Wastes 1.1

ARV staff, please let me know what you think.
@BiggaBullfrog in order to keep the move count to the glyphs the same on either end of a start zone, the start zones do not reach to the edge of level 2, but I did try to make the shape of the start zones a little more intuitive if that helps.

---------------------

Double rework action:
Lost Road Marsh 1.1

I moved a lot of stuff around, managed to connect the road, and open up the glyph areas. The map is also a couple hexes shorter now, so travel time should be diminished. ARV Staff, please let me know what you think.

Last edited by Leaf_It; February 13th, 2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old February 13th, 2018, 01:11 PM

@Leaf_It just to be clear, is this an official resubmission you’d like us to vote on reviewing or are you simply looking to workshop them right now with us?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 13th, 2018, 07:23 PM

I thought I was ready for an official resubmission when I posted that, but I made some changes that I think help balance both of them just a little better than what they were last night. I've gone and edited the downloads themselves so they should now be changed to reflect the changes I made this morning. So yes, this in a resubmission.

I have a question though; If I were to state that I'm workshopping the maps instead, would that change the feedback you would give me? I mean, I assume that if there are any glaring problems, you would state those problems, and downvote the resubmission immediately. The only difference with a workshop is that you don't state that you are downvoting the map, but you would probably still give the same feedback (though maybe in different words) in hopes of making the map better. I guess I'm just confused as to why I need to state that it's an official resubmission. If I was just workshopping, and you didn't see any issues, then wouldn't you vote to review? This is what happened when I posted the approved version of A Couple Puddles. I never stated that I was resubmitting it, I just posted the link to the map, and an image and when you didn't see any glaring issues you all voted to review.
Old February 13th, 2018, 09:48 PM

You are correct. We would still give feedback regardless, but yes we should have clarified with you if your posting of your map was a resubmission or not. The difference is that if your simply workshopping it, we’ll be more scrutinous...but submissions we’ll really only point out obvious issues as we evaluate and vote. Essentially This Thread Operates like unto the pre-SoV workshop and the SoV submission thread except this is all in the same thread.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 14th, 2018, 03:52 AM

I don't particularly like that 5 move figures vs 6 move figures will always lose the race to the glyphs on Obsidian Wastes (even if they win Initiative), but it's not enough of an issue for me to downvote it for now.

I actually really like the revisions in both of these maps and will give an to review both Obsidian Wastes(1.1) and Lost Road Marsh (1.1)

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 14th, 2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
I don't particularly like that 5 move figures vs 6 move figures will always lose the race to the glyphs on Obsidian Wastes (even if they win Initiative), but it's not enough of an issue for me to downvote it for now.

I actually really like the revisions in both of these maps and will give an to review both Obsidian Wastes(1.1) and Lost Road Marsh (1.1)
The close glyph for red is the top back glyph (from the perspective of the image I posted) and 5 move figures will actually win that with initiative. (unless they are double spaced, unfortunately double spaced will need exactly 1 more move to get into the hole the glyph sits in.) They can move adjacent to the bottom front glyph by the second turn as well, though they can't take it. The positions with the fastest moves to get there, are not the positions on the edges of the start zone though, so it might not be obvious.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla