Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 30th, 2023, 01:51 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauros105 View Post
Personally, I'm not worried about Heroscape going into "DEI madness" because I'm a grown adult who isn't made insecure by a company trying to make sure they get representation correct. Praying for ya'll though.
Fort Madison?!?! Dude, I live here! Sent you a PM!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 30th, 2023, 02:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post

Sometimes I wonder whether people who hear the words "diversity" "equity" and "inclusion" and think that those are qualities that must be resisted and fought realize just how much they sound like mustache-twirling supervillains.
I don't think this kind of characterization is helpful. There are a lot of layers to this topic (and getting into them is outside the scope of this thread) but suffice it to say that there is a difference between the stated goals of an initiative such as DEI and the observed side effects of pursuing it and how people actually experience it in practice. Villainizing other people for being either for or against something as vague as "DEI" gets no one anywhere.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 30th, 2023, 03:15 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

My impression is that AoA was intentionally stand alone and independent of previous ‘Scape. If I were Renegade, I’d scrap the new generals and factions and integrate the best and most complementary units into Classic ‘Scape and C3V, acknowledging the latter’s quality and perhaps even including/borrowing some C3V units “as is,” given that many of the same people are involved.

Old June 30th, 2023, 03:29 PM

TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I don't think this kind of characterization is helpful. There are a lot of layers to this topic (and getting into them is outside the scope of this thread) but suffice it to say that there is a difference between the stated goals of an initiative such as DEI and the observed side effects of pursuing it and how people actually experience it in practice. Villainizing other people for being either for or against something as vague as "DEI" gets no one anywhere.
there's also a big difference between discussing the implementation details of a concept and getting actively upset at the suggestion of it

Heroscape

crab?
Old June 30th, 2023, 03:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminX View Post
there's also a big difference between discussing the implementation details of a concept and getting actively upset at the suggestion of it

Heroscape
Sure, but there are plenty of topics that people get triggered by the mere mention of based on their observations and experiences with it. No group or ideology is immune to that kind of reactivity, either.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 30th, 2023, 04:46 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

Heroscape
The original person who brought up the DEI concept in this thread, even if it was unecessary, was trying to make a coherent point and you just respond with mocking him, instead of addressing what he said and explaining why you think he's wrong. I don't think its fair to say someone else is wrong for being upset by something when your own response was pointlessly insulting and dismissive
Old June 30th, 2023, 05:45 PM

Tauros105 knows what's in an order marker Tauros105 knows what's in an order marker Tauros105 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
I just don't want the developers to be painted as rude or unethical if they get some small detail incorrect, or leave out some detail of a historical unit that should have been included. Not being an expert in a particular culture isn't some slight or disrespect against that culture.
They still should do their best to accurately represent the people they're pulling from, because the entire purpose of Heroscape is that it isn't homogeneous in the units you can play with.
Totally agree. No one is out to get anyone here. I think if Renegade makes a genuine effort to get a historical unit to be done in a respectful way, it will show, and it will be a win for everyone.
Old June 30th, 2023, 05:54 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Heroscape
The original person who brought up the DEI concept in this thread, even if it was unecessary, was trying to make a coherent point and you just respond with mocking him, instead of addressing what he said and explaining why you think he's wrong. I don't think its fair to say someone else is wrong for being upset by something when your own response was pointlessly insulting and dismissive
Strictly speaking, UtahScott's post was not making a point, it was simply stating his position, so I suppose it's fair to respond to it by similarly just stating a position. I do give US credit for coherence, formatting and punctuation, though.

And caps, you're right - I wasn't sincerely engaging in my post. I wasn't trying to. First of all, as you say, this isn't the place for it. Second, I've already heard a lot of the criticisms before. I was unlikely to hear anything new here. At some point, engaging with it feels like having a conversation with a stranger at the bar who insists his next door neighbor is Elvis in disguise. Your best bet is just to nod and back away slowly.

Anyway, I hope Heroscape continues to do historical units with care and sensitivity, and I really hope they release those modular ruins.
Old June 30th, 2023, 11:04 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ultimately, we will just have to wait and see what Renegade does. I would be disappointed if they left out historical units (it's practically a third of Heroscape's charm), but I would still be happy that they are producing something.
Old July 1st, 2023, 10:14 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
OG HeroScape includes the Sacred Band!
I was wondering if anyone would mention the Sacred Band!

I'm still surprised that the original game designers included the Sacred Band. Delighted that they did, of course! Just surprised.

Last edited by Typhon2222; July 1st, 2023 at 01:17 PM.
Old July 1st, 2023, 10:58 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Regarding my local pal Kolakoski's comment upthread about merging AOA with Classic/Customs, I want to mention that at the end there they were starting to do that officially. In fact they reassigned some of the Dryads from the new General they proposed to Ullar!
Old July 1st, 2023, 12:11 PM

TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
The original person who brought up the DEI concept in this thread, even if it was unecessary, was trying to make a coherent point
he absolutely was not & with experience you realize phrases like "DEI madness" and "woke" tell you all the deep nuanced conversation you're gonna get at the front door

this isn't the place for it anyway, we've given this tangent far more attention than it deserves

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas
Regarding my local pal Kolakoski's comment upthread about merging AOA with Classic/Customs, I want to mention that at the end there they were starting to do that officially. In fact they reassigned some of the Dryads from the new General they proposed to Ullar!
mostly because they forgot about ullar otherwise lol

the new generals made it feel like the start of a new era for me & that was cool, but I gotta admit I wouldn't be too disappointed if we lose them. the valkyrie factions are less important than the functionality of the figures, of course. still dying to find out how the phalanx was gonna work, even if they gotta be pushed to utgar to get released

crab?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News