Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 20th, 2013, 03:43 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Prettys ure that a lot of people have that figure already. I know I do.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old February 20th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
You could change her personality so that you don't have to worry about her Death Knight synergy adding on any extra points, though it would be small enough that it might not matter.

Wouldn't a Viper Protector defense boost be better for gameplay (though it would admittedly drive up her price)?
I want her to boost the Venoc Viper's defense to 1. And I want to cost to be 60 or less so that she doesn't displace any more Vipers. 1 or 2 squad's difference of Vipers can alter their ability to survive a game long enough, 1 defense or 0.
True, true. Thinking about it, the Venoc defense boost would probably be more worth it than I initially thought.

Old February 21st, 2013, 04:53 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Could I have you guys look at my custom please?

She was an assassin shortly before the Viper rebellion, killing the Raptorian Ruler Dienoterrix. She was awarded the status of Armoc Warlord for her courage, and wields the ruler's sword and shield as a trophy.
I like this unit, there was a recent discussion about making another Ullar Warlord (EDIT: in the SOV), but I think in this case its so clearly justified that's OK.

I agree that "viper scout" seems a little forced, but I see your argument. If it added a bonus to mittens and the arnocs as well, gosh, that would be worth a lot. You could get creative with something like "all venocs roll at least one defense dice against all normal or special attacks." That would be an interesting power because it would allow vipers to roll defense against usually "unblockable" attacks but wouldn't matter enough to add significantly to the cost. (EDIT 2: Just realized you didn't specify WHEN they get to roll one defense dice, you need the "against normal and special attacks" wording there. As it reads I could argue it would work against leaving engagement attacks.)

And I like swift strike as well. It's great that you have to trade off between its normal 3A and a 1A (or 2) with no defense. But this would work against Q9? That seems a little strange to me. However I absolutely hate the wording, but the fix for that is trivial, just copy Shiori's Shuriken special attack and you're in like flynn.

I don't think the Relentless is an issue at all, because frankly that would mean your army was Arnoc Warlord + Venocs + Death Knights, and I can't see that army being super-powerful. In fact it would be really cool to play and not a juggernaught at all. Not thematic, but not that big a deal.

I'm pretty confident that this will at least get to reviewing in the SOV. Generally a sound unit that adds to the fun.
</IMG>
Old February 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Thanks Kroc! I'll get the Enhancement wording fixed.

Last edited by MegaSilver; February 21st, 2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:44 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I would reword the special attack to say something like:
SWIFT STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 1+ Special.
When attacking a small or medium figure with Swift Strike Special Attack, the Armoc Warlord rolls 1 additional attack die. Figures attacked by Swift Strike Special Attack never roll defense dice.
Old February 21st, 2013, 03:37 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Mac is updating the card and will send it to me when he can. We are going with Shuriken Special Attack's wording, though I do like the sound of the wording that superfrog suggested.
Old February 21st, 2013, 11:52 PM

Here is the updated card:

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:31 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's the revised card for Lord Revadac:

Old February 24th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Hello guys!

I would like some feedbacks/playtests for this little pretty guy, Asterios.

The hardest part is to find the balance with Bloodlust. Before he has a basic attack of 2, and Furia gave him 1 attack die added to the move +2 (for his first strike).

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 24th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Solid design for a powerhouse figure. Bloodlust is tricky because if he fails to get the early kills he could easily fail miserably, though the massive life/defense will keep him in the game quite a while.

One problem with the wording of Furia: increasing his Move after he starts attacking is meaningless; the move phase is over. Did you mean add 2 to his Attack, or add 2 Move at the start of his movement if he is unengaged? Both are valuable.
Old February 24th, 2013, 03:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Here is the updated card:

My only suggestion is from the design perspective--I would prefer you move away from the Relentless personality, and I don't think I like Viper Scout Defense Enhancement. I'm sure it would be useful, but I would rather see a tie-in or boost that's a little more original.

I don't see any problems with the design or card aside from those issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Here's the revised card for Lord Revadac:

I think Necrotic force should clarify what "one" is being placed to Lord Redavac. I think the first and last phrases of your wording are implied if you word the power well enough:
NECROTIC FORCE
At the end of any turn, you may place one wound marker on this card to place one Undead Squad figure you control that was destroyed this turn adjacent to Lord Redavac.
I think you should also clarify whether or not INSANE COMMANDER allows NECROTIC FORCE to take place. Personally I don't think the two powers should be able to happen on the same turn, so I would go for something like:
INSANE COMMANDER
If Lord Redavac begins his turn adjacent to at least one friendly figure, before moving Lord Redavac you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-3, Lord Redavac may not use Necrotic Force this turn and must attack an adjacent friendly figure and then immediately end his turn. If you roll a 4 or higher, nothing happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Hello guys!

I would like some feedbacks/playtests for this little pretty guy, Asterios.

The hardest part is to find the balance with Bloodlust. Before he has a basic attack of 2, and Furia gave him 1 attack die added to the move +2 (for his first strike).
In English, we spell it "Minotaur."

I misread the card at first and assumed that Furia is supposed to add 2 to his attack if he attacks a figure he was not adjacent to. Stacked with Bloodlust, that could be a little ridiculous, but it seems to be reflected in his points (Bloodlust is not always an easy power to use).

I see two possible wordings for Furia. They have very different meanings, so read them carefully
FURIA
If Asterios does not move this turn, he may attack one additional time. Asterios may add 2 to his Move number as long as he is able to move adjacent to an opponent’s figure he was not engaged to prior to moving.
Scytale will probably have a better suggestion, but I tried to base the above off of the Kozuke Samurai, rearranged to meet the slightly different effect you seem to intend for Asterios.
FURIA
When attacking with Asterios, if the defending figure was not adjacent to Asterios at the start of this turn, Asterios receives 2 additional attack dice. If Asterios does not move this turn, he may attack one additional time.
Why the choice of TORMENTING for Personality? I think it could fit, but I'd like to see your reasoning.

I like him!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 24th, 2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
My only suggestion is from the design perspective--I would prefer you move away from the Relentless personality, and I don't think I like Viper Scout Defense Enhancement. I'm sure it would be useful, but I would rather see a tie-in or boost that's a little more original.

I don't see any problems with the design or card aside from those issues.
I'm willing to change the personality to one that fits an assassin more; Tricky or something like that. But I really do what her to boost the Vipers defensively (hence Armoc Warlord), while having to be in the front line (hence why Raelin does not work in a Viper army, so why should she do the same?).

Thanks for the comments, though caps! I'll keep them in mind. Would those stop you from saying no to reviewing?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards