Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old May 4th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
The Index 2.0: Mmirg's Index of Excellent Scaper Threads

Due to the number of excellent threads that I have to search for again and again, I decided to make an index of threads I consider excellent or use often. (I put it in my sig to make it always easily available to anyone--thanks to Kroc for the inspirational example; everyone is welcome to include this thread in their sigs as well--availability of information is my goal).

I believe it is now time to reconceive the Index, this time using spoilers and directional entries to help make searching much easier. The Index has grown a lot, but it is still not as copious as I’d like. Please suggest other threads that I can and should include in the new Index 2.0. (The Index 2.0 is still rough--it has been in process for months and I realized that it would be that way for months yet, if I didn't just post it and get it working here. All comments, notices about errors, etc. are welcome.)

Praise for the original Index (I hope the Index 2.0 will be similarly helpful ) -

If I were new to this site and wanted to plunge, full force, into the heart of the very best of HeroScapism; the first post in this thread would be the best reading list possible at the moment. - Revdyer

- Cavalier

Whether unfamiliar or versed in the game, The Index is requisite lore for any and every 'Scaper. - Soul Shackle

Again, I welcome suggestions for any significant threads that I may have missed—I know that I have missed a lot in recent months; I've been busy. I also welcome suggestions for “see also/other” entries. I know that we don’t all search the same way, so if you didn’t find something where you expected it to be; let me know, so I can put a “see XXX” statement where you (and likely others) expect the information to be found.

Note: Dark Red threads are ones I consider to be indexes/hubs themselves (they contain many links to further threads on a given topic)

*This is a continual work in progress*

If you are new here, I especially recommend these threads:

Forum Conduct Please Read - Heroscaper's Official Guidelines for Participation (GrungeBob)
Positive, Productive Posting - my thoughts on making our posts at Scapers more valuable and meaningful
HS Rules of Thumb - gamuven's excellent guide to playing Scape effectively
What's in an Order Marker - Jexik's thoughtful look at a foundational aspect of Heroscape
The Definitive List of Definitive Lists - RevDyer's extensive and extremely information-rich compilation
The BOOKS Index - A labor of love--every unit is here in the BOOKS.
Heroscape FAQs - thanks to theGuru for continuing to revise and improve these

If you have a brief question, try wriggz's Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

If you are looking for tips on using Scapers.com more effectively, you've got to check out AliasQTip's Forum Tips & Tricks

THE INDEX 2.0 (alphabetical by topic, such as Armies or Drafting or Storage)

A-B-C
Spoiler Alert!

D-E-F
Spoiler Alert!

G-H-I
Spoiler Alert!

J-K-L

Spoiler Alert!

M-N-O
Spoiler Alert!

P-Q-R
Spoiler Alert!

S-T-U-V
Spoiler Alert!

W-X-Y-Z
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by 1Mmirg; May 29th, 2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Always something else to add...
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Index 2.0: Mmirg's Index of Excellent Scaper Threads

Great stuff, but sadly . . .

vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 1Mmirg again.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Good work as always 1Mmirg.

May I suggest my Playgrounds of Valhalla thread for possible inclusion under "maps"?
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Thanks, ollie--and to everyone else who has PM'd me suggestions as well. I believe I have added in everything suggested.

In several cases the threads were already here, so I added a "see also" indicator or tried to make things otherwise easier to find. Please continue to let me know about new threads to add and new terms to use to help make finding excellent threads easier. Thanks!!
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Adrian Monk

Added several more threads and other resources, including things like AliasQTip's Heroscape Site, which I feel silly for never knowing existed. The more I look around, the more I realize how many excellent threads and resources there are for Scapers.

Hope this thread is proving useful for many. Feel free to include it in your sig, so it is always an easy click away.

If you're ever looking for a great thread and find it--PM me or post it here and we'll see about adding it, so that you won't be digging for it again.
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:03 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What a very nice resource 1Mmirg. Glad I could be a part of it. Thanks!
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well I am now linking to your index in my signature. Saves time that way.
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Adrian Monk

Added links to dok's work on mapmaking, lefton4ya's single PDF compilation of all current official maps/scenarios, and several other threads (as well as some new pointers to other sections).

PM me if there is something you use often that isn't included in the Index. Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions so far.
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Forgive me if I missed it, but is there a section for Marvel threads like the BoM?
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Adrian Monk

I've got a section for C3G under customs and I believe the BoM are under the Maps section, but, yes, I have to admit that Marvel is a weakness of mine--I don't play it much or know it as well. I'll work on getting Marvel better representation and visibility (working now, will get to it soon). (Suggestions for threads are welcome.)

Thanks for the idea, rednax; I appreciate it.
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Adrian Monk

Alright, I went ahead and took a shot at a Marvel section. Hope it is helpful and I welcome PMs on other suggested threads. Thanks, again, rednax, for the suggestion.
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:50 AM
Adrian Monk

Added the new FAQ, to both Rules and to Recommended Threads at the top of the page. Sorry for the triple post, but I think it's important all players know the new FAQ is out. (Blog entry.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online