Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 15th, 2024, 12:04 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
I used to go with SIZE="4", but find SIZE="5" easier to see at this point.
Since you bring it up, I'll toss in my feedback on posting etiquette.

My experience on the forums over the years has never been improved by people changing their text size, typeface, text color, etc. Quite the contrary. Now of course using features like bold and italics (in the appropriate manner) is helpful; it lets the writer be expressive and it can help the reader discern intent and nuance.

But when people regularly change their font size, or post everything in red, or use an annoyingly animated profile picture, or have a giant image in their sig that repeats over and over in every thread, or post walls of text that leave out punctuation or paragraph breaks (these are the worst!), or use boldface & italics excessively or in nonstandard ways, this only makes it harder for me to read the forums. It adds to reading fatigue, it takes more scrolling, it makes the brain work harder to decode the exceptions.... Sometimes I just have to skip past some of those posts. Sometimes I've skipped past yours, which is sad because you have a lot of good things to say and I've generally always enjoyed reading your comments (except when I hit my limit and can't deal with any more typographic overload).

Now I certainly understand the need for text to be large enough to be readable. I'm 60 and use glasses only for distance clarity, so I pretty much always have my browser magnification increased. This puts most posts at just the right size for me, but then the text of those who increase the font size in their actual posts is HUGE. Which (for me) adds difficulty, because then it's again even more scrolling and sometimes needing to see-saw my browser zoom back and forth just to deal with one person whose text is bigger than everyone else's. It's probably obvious how quickly that gets old.

Anyway, keep doing whatever you need to do, of course. We all need to be able to express ourselves here as best we can. But my feedback, for whatever it's worth, is that when you have a larger point size than everyone else, this can be impacting some of those everyone elses in ways that might not have been obvious. Maybe you just want to make it easier to read your own posts in the preview window or whatever, but this can also come off seeming like somebody just wants their words to be bigger than everyone else's words.

The best thing for everyone is if all the posts are in the same size, color, and typeface, and then each person can adjust their browser and computer settings however they like, to make everyone's posts easiest to read for them. Then we can all breeze through without feeling like we wanna skip over the ones that are buzzing and flashing and doing the macarena.

I hope this is not too confrontational. I really do enjoy your posts. I just wish they weren't so hard to process sometimes.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News