Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 16th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I'd actually like to know both if you wouldn't mind cause my links just bring the people to the site but don't actually start the video...the link you have is right to the video...and I like the second one, b/c you can just access it without being redirected...but both would be nice to know if you wouldn't mind.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 16th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

If you hit "quote" on dysole's post, you can read the hidden text in his message that created it.

I like to put videos in spoilers, like this:

[spoiler][ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08WeoqWilRQ"]video[/ame][/spoiler]

Which I do as follows:

1. Use the spoiler tags to hide it, which means the post takes up less space.

2. Put some word in there. Doesn't matter; I used "video."

3. Highlight that word.

4. Clink the "hyperlink" button, which is the little globe+chain links.

5. Paste the URL right of the video in the blank.

So it looks like this:
Spoiler Alert!

And you're welcome for the hypnotic and wonderful video.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 16th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
If you hit "quote" on dysole's post, you can read the hidden text in his message that created it.

I like to put videos in spoilers, like this:

[spoiler][url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08WeoqWilRQ"]video[/url][/spoiler]

Which I do as follows:

1. Use the spoiler tags to hide it, which means the post takes up less space.

2. Put some word in there. Doesn't matter; I used "video."

3. Highlight that word.

4. Clink the "hyperlink" button, which is the little globe+chain links.

5. Paste the URL right of the video in the blank.

So it looks like this:
Spoiler Alert!

And you're welcome for the hypnotic and wonderful video.

Thank you so much! I now know how to do it!! Really appreciate the prompt responses

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 16th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm glad we could help. It's what we do.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 2nd, 2016, 05:25 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

someone on BGG wrote
[q="jcb231"]I find it is much easier to only use one card for all duplicates of commons, as you always move a full card's worth of figures until you are down to less than 3/4 figures of that type. If you understand the rules, you will see that you never actually need to have two of a card cluttering up the table. You can ALWAYS just put your order markers on the same card, as all of your other duplicates of that card will fill up before that one.[/q]

Is this really true? Doesnt the ability of something like Dund come into play, his gaze special attack is made against an army card with markers on it. If you have 3 cards of gruts (identical) you could put marker 1, 2, and 3 on different individual cards so Dund would not be able to paralyse your gruts, whereas with just a single card containing the 1,2,3 marker his gaze could potentially freeze all your gruts.
Or maybe I'm misunderstanding...

Also, how do you assign wound markers to multiple cards for squads, or does it make no practical difference, say if you have 3 Arrow grut cards, and your opponent is inflicting hits against your gruts, do you just stack the wounds on one card until you reach the number of figures and then bin that card, or do you put one at a time on different cards, or am I just getting confused about how common squad cards work?
Old February 2nd, 2016, 10:09 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekoxe1 View Post
someone on BGG wrote

"I find it is much easier to only use one card for all duplicates of commons, as you always move a full card's worth of figures until you are down to less than 3/4 figures of that type. If you understand the rules, you will see that you never actually need to have two of a card cluttering up the table. You can ALWAYS just put your order markers on the same card, as all of your other duplicates of that card will fill up before that one."

Is this really true? Doesnt the ability of something like Dund come into play, his gaze special attack is made against an army card with markers on it. If you have 3 cards of gruts (identical) you could put marker 1, 2, and 3 on different individual cards so Dund would not be able to paralyse your gruts, whereas with just a single card containing the 1,2,3 marker his gaze could potentially freeze all your gruts.

Also, how do you assign wound markers to multiple cards for squads, or does it make no practical difference, say if you have 3 Arrow grut cards, and your opponent is inflicting hits against your gruts, do you just stack the wounds on one card until you reach the number of figures and then bin that card, or do you put one at a time on different cards, or am I just getting confused about how common squad cards work?
Yes, the vast majority of players on this site and in my personal experience use one card for a common squad, no matter how many of that squad they draft in their army. While the rules technically say to use one card per squad, in actual play there would never be any advantage to spreading your order markers around different copies of the same squad card, and doing so would actually be disadvantageous, so almost no one plays that way. Explaining why would take a lot more time than I have now, but if you read the rules carefully and give it some thought, you should see why this is true.

Second, squad figures only have 1 Life, so they don't require wound markers. Any time a squad figure takes a wound, remove it from the board.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 10:25 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Dund would work the same with one card or many... read the text of his Crippling Gaze: one or all cards lose the order makers.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 01:00 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

oh yeah Dund was a bad example anyway haha, thanks guys
Old February 2nd, 2016, 03:25 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
someone on BGG wrote
[q="jcb231"]I find it is much easier to only use one card for all duplicates of commons, as you always move a full card's worth of figures until you are down to less than 3/4 figures of that type. If you understand the rules, you will see that you never actually need to have two of a card cluttering up the table. You can ALWAYS just put your order markers on the same card, as all of your other duplicates of that card will fill up before that one.[/q]

I usually explain common squads to people as one big squad, no matter how many you have. But you can only activate as many of them as are on the card per turn. Hope that helps.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 3rd, 2016, 03:08 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there a list of all existing Species, Classes, Personalities, etc. anywhere on this site? (preferably including any new C3V/SoV classes/personalities, etc.)

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 3rd, 2016, 12:32 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there a list of all existing Species, Classes, Personalities, etc. anywhere on this site? (preferably including any new C3V/SoV classes/personalities, etc.)

~TAF
I do not think I've seen an actual list of these, but you can sort the units by different things on battleplan to accomplish basically the same thing.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 3rd, 2016, 12:50 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@TheAverageFan There were some Definitive Lists of these, but most are outdated. If you don't want to use battleplan linked above, I recommend using the Hextreme Heroscape Spreadsheet. You can use the List Builder table to generate a list of figures based on Species, Class, Personality, etc.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's