Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 4th, 2014, 08:57 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Scarlet Witch

Hmm, I've been looking at this card recently, and I wonder, how does Chaos Magic Curse interact with other Magical Defense figures? It says they can't 'use' the power, not that it is negated or anything, so I assume they can still bypass her Magical Defense when attacking her?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 4th, 2014, 11:22 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yep, they still have the power just can't use it .
Old September 13th, 2014, 01:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
How about one more:
  • Q: Would a figure have to roll for Chaos Magic Curse if they were using a special power that states "instead of taking a turn"? Such as Odin's Asgardian All-Father special power?
  • A: Yes. The Chaos Magic Curse is intended to activate before any other special power on an Army Card that has a Curse Marker on it.
from

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Would a figure have to roll for the curse if they were using a special states "instead of taking a turn"? Such as Odins special where he uses multiple Asgardians?

I would say yes, they must roll. The curse is intended to activate before any of the cursed figure's powers.
Perhaps that was the intention, but that is not what the card says. Either this FAQ should be reversed, or the language on the card should be re-worked to align with this. If you need guidance here I'd point to Ana Karithon's Healing Word.
Old September 13th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So, what are you suggesting? Something like:

Figures that have a red Curse Marker on their card must roll the 20-sided die before using any special powers on any Army Card or Glyph when that card is activated by the player controlling them.

?

I'm really at a loss for how to word that better. Obviously we don't want it triggering during that player's turn in general, because then passive offensive boost powers would be affected (like Tactician) and we don't want it triggering just any time a special power would be used, because then defensive/passive out of turn powers would be affected (like, say, Stuck).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 13th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Immediately after revealing an Order Marker on the card of a figure with a red Curse marker on its card, the controlling player must roll the 20-sided die.
Old September 13th, 2014, 04:18 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That changes the mechanics of the power. An Order Marker reveal is not currently required for it to trigger.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 13th, 2014, 04:53 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
How's About?

Hmm...

Well two options I see.

For the entire game, after revealing an Order Marker and before using any special powers on any Army Card or Glyph the controlling player must roll the 20 sided die for any figures other than Scarlet Witch with a Curse Marker on their card. If you roll an 8 or less you may not use any special powers on that Army Card until the controlling player's turn ends.

OR.

For the entire game, a figure other than Scarlet Witch with a Curse Marker on its card must roll the 20 sided die after revealing an Order Marker on that card or before taking a turn with that figure and before using any special powers on any Army Card or Glyph. On a roll of 8 or less that figure may not use any special powers on that Army Card for this turn.

~Dysole, who thinks the wording could be a little cleaner but one of these two approaches should work
Old September 13th, 2014, 05:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

My solution would be simple. If you want it to work after revealing an Order Marker but before using any power (including "instead of taking a turn") powers, then say that.

Quote:
For the entire game, figures other than Scarlet Witch with a Curse Marker on their card must roll the 20-sided die before taking a turn, or after revealing an Order Marker and before using any other special powers on that Army Card. If they roll 8 or less, they may not use any special powers on their Army Card for that turn.
That would make the language of the power actually do what you say is the intention; i.e. trigger before powers like Odin's Asgardian All-Father or ProfX's Mutant Mind Link or Mister Fantastic's Fantastic Leader 4 Or Baron Zemo's Masters of Evil.

If that feels to kludgy, then two options:
  1. Just reverse the FAQ. I looked at every playtest and Scarlet Witch hardly even went up against a figure with an "instead of taking a turn" power (just one game against Hasbro Red Skull where he wasn't passing turns around anyway). The curse is already quite powerful as-is without working on these sorts of powers.
  2. Just make the power trigger before using any special power. That would be easy to write, but it expands the power considerably.

I pretty strongly disagree with the notion that the current FAQ'ed version of the power follows from what is written on the card.
Old September 13th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Just curious, what else could a change here affect? I don't think any other figures have the same problem, and a couple quick searches didn't turn anything up. Very possible that I've missed something, though.

EDIT: The Star Sapphires have a similar ability, but it specifies that it activates when the figure "begins to take a turn". Not sure what the current ruling on that is, but I believe it's deliberately worded differently to only trigger when the figure actually takes a turn; the opposite of Scarlet Witch's intent/the way dok says (and I agree that) the power reads now.

EDIT 2: And that seems to be the way it was tested.

Last edited by Ronin; September 13th, 2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old September 13th, 2014, 06:34 PM

I'm fine with that suggested rewording, dok.
@TrollBrute @johnny139 @A3n @SirGalahad @tcglkn @quozl - any thoughts?

Old September 13th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I can live with that. Will it fit?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 13th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Will it fit?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library