Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 17th, 2017, 06:13 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
This came up in my last online game. Say you take a turn with a Fire Elemental and get it adjacent to a figure that already has 2 other Fire Elementals adjacent to it, do you roll for Searing Intensity 3 times for the figure because it has 3 elementals adjacent?

We said no because of the wording "roll the D20 once for each figure..." but I just wanted to see what others say.
You roll once per figure, regardless of how many Fire Elementals are adjacent to it. "... you must roll the 20-sided die once for each figure adjacent to at least one Fire Elemental you control."
Old July 17th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
This came up in my last online game. Say you take a turn with a Fire Elemental and get it adjacent to a figure that already has 2 other Fire Elementals adjacent to it, do you roll for Searing Intensity 3 times for the figure because it has 3 elementals adjacent?

We said no because of the wording "roll the D20 once for each figure..." but I just wanted to see what others say.
You roll once per figure, regardless of how many Fire Elementals are adjacent to it. "... you must roll the 20-sided die once for each figure adjacent to at least one Fire Elemental you control."
I understand that if there were 3 separate figures surrounding ONE Fire Elemental you could target them all but the situation was that I surrounded a hero with 3 FE's but only rolled once for the Searing Intensity. What you're saying is that I should have rolled 3 times for it?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 17th, 2017, 08:47 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I understand that if there were 3 separate figures surrounding ONE Fire Elemental you could target them all but the situation was that I surrounded a hero with 3 FE's but only rolled once for the Searing Intensity. What you're saying is that I should have rolled 3 times for it?
The underlined part is key. In this case, "The figure" refers to "the figure adjacent to at least one Fire Elemental." It does not refer to the Fire Elementals themselves.

Per the card it says "Roll the 20-sided once for each figure adjacent to at least one Fire Elemental you control." If it just said "Once for each figure" I could see the confusion of whether it means the Fire Elemental or the affected figure. But it clearly refers to the figure adjacent.

It functions just like Marro Plague.
Old July 17th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The underlined part is key. In this case, "The figure" refers to "the figure adjacent to at least one Fire Elemental." It does not refer to the Fire Elementals themselves.

Per the card it says "Roll the 20-sided once for each figure adjacent to at least one Fire Elemental you control." If it just said "Once for each figure" I could see the confusion of whether it means the Fire Elemental or the affected figure. But it clearly refers to the figure adjacent.

Oh okay! So we did play it right...I got confused there for a second.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 17th, 2017, 09:02 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right. Roll one time for every figure adjacent to all of your Fire Elementals. Even if a figure is adjacent to multiple Fire Elementals, you only roll once for it.
Old July 24th, 2017, 06:00 AM

ZeusEQ is surprisingly tart

Hi all,

I have a question about bonding. A bonding power usually says something like "before taking a turn with X, you may first take a turn with any Y you control". It is usually used to allow a hero to be moved before moving the squad that had the OM.

Now I'm creating a custom squad which I would like to give the Predator class. How would this work with the Predator bonding power of the Fyorlag Spiders? When revealing an OM on the Fyorlag Spiders, would I then be allowed to take a turn with 1 squad member of the Predator squad, or with all of them? Are there any examples with the official units? Or does this type of bonding not work with squads?

Thanks, Zeus
Old July 24th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEQ View Post
Hi all,

I have a question about bonding. A bonding power usually says something like "before taking a turn with X, you may first take a turn with any Y you control". It is usually used to allow a hero to be moved before moving the squad that had the OM.

Now I'm creating a custom squad which I would like to give the Predator class. How would this work with the Predator bonding power of the Fyorlag Spiders? When revealing an OM on the Fyorlag Spiders, would I then be allowed to take a turn with 1 squad member of the Predator squad, or with all of them? Are there any examples with the official units? Or does this type of bonding not work with squads?

Thanks, Zeus
This type of Bonding should be avoided. It would create to much of a game imbalance against some units. You would be better off just creating some kind of swarm ability, that allows you to take a full turn with up to X number of this squad you are trying to make. The ability should use the 20d, so that being able to use the ability is variable. Look to the Marro Drones.

While this type of bonding would be interesting, the only bonding one squad has with a different squad is movement bonding. This is to prevent a mass amount your opponent's units from being slaughtered in one turn. (While, yes, the Drones can s this, again, the have a very low chance of actually being able to.) Hope this helps.
Old July 24th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks, Zeus
This type of Bonding should be avoided. It would create to much of a game imbalance against some units. You would be better off just creating some kind of swarm ability, that allows you to take a full turn with up to X number of this squad you are trying to make. The ability should use the 20d, so that being able to use the ability is variable. Look to the Marro Drones.

While this type of bonding would be interesting, the only bonding one squad has with a different squad is movement bonding. This is to prevent a mass amount your opponent's units from being slaughtered in one turn. (While, yes, the Drones can s this, again, the have a very low chance of actually being able to.) Hope this helps.
I feel I should say that this is just my personal opinion. Others may feel differently, those who are more experienced.
Old July 24th, 2017, 09:45 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Are there any examples with the official units? Or does this type of bonding not work with squads?
There are no examples of official units which work like that. My guess is that the Fyorlag Spiders' Predator Bonding power was meant to read "you may first take a turn with any Predator hero you control," but the "hero" was accidentally omitted.
Old July 24th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great question.

I think S_D is right in that in hindsight they would have added 'Hero' in there.

As it reads, I would say that they could bond with any single predator so not an entire squad. You could add in a swarming type power that occurs after taking a turn to allow the other squad members to catch up.
Old July 24th, 2017, 10:13 AM

Bonding powers usually don't specify "Hero." The effect of this is that you cannot make a squad with Predator as the class (or Warlord, or Champion, etc). Taking a turn with a single member of a squad simply does not make sense in game turns; turns are defined in terms of units which are defined by army cards.
Old July 24th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You can do whatever you want with customs in your own home.

Quote:
Bonding powers usually don't specify "Hero." The effect of this is that you cannot make a squad with Predator as the class (or Warlord, or Champion, etc). Taking a turn with a single member of a squad simply does not make sense in game turns; turns are defined in terms of units which are defined by army cards.
But Scytale is completely correct, as are the others. I think even in homebrew play that you never intend to leave the confines of the four walls of your own game room, you would find confusing and maybe impossible interactions.

Don't do it. Squads are squads; heroes are heroes. Each is a whole unit, and squads should not be subdivided.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's