Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 8th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Killer Frost - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Honestly it would probably be a good standard practice to test every new non-SS design with Enchantress at least once, other synergies or no (barring stuff like Ozy and pure support designs I guess).
I've made this standard practice for myself. It would be a good idea to start asking more from the public as well.

I would be on board with you guys trying to put Enchantress into Reeval, if only for her effect on the meta-game. I am curious what changes you would suggest (feel free to stat a discussion in the CRB Sanctum).

As for testing with competitive figures, I try to avoid anyone currently in Reevaluation, unless I'm seriously worried about how strong combos with one of those units may be. Hopefully we can get the Reeval process moving quicker and make things clearer for competitive combos.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 19th, 2014, 05:59 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

from Midgieboy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3
I know this is probably to long I've been reading other playtest to try to get the feel. I just feel like you try to get as much data as you can from these play tests so I try to add as much as I can I'm probably going to have to break this down, well, here it is.

I enjoy playing with Killer Frost, the first game I kept her in her start zone for the majority of the match and make someone try to kill her one on one so she could freeze the opponent then attack that opponent with 5 die from cold strength. The second game I played I was a lot more aggressive, I wanted to see how effective she was as a may-lay masher. She is great to kill squads with her auto wound marker, if you play on a lava Field it makes her a lot scarier opponent. Over all I think Her theme fits perfectly. With the amount of point being a the proper value, I see nothing wrong with her. I could read and understand Frosts powers, non of it seamed glitchy to me. I give the design 2 thumbs up.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Killer Frost

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? ~210
- Give a brief overview. [B]Killer Frost, Captain Cold, Enchantress, Magma, and Fire Demons VS Batman(Bruce Wayne#1), Robin(Tim Drake), Alfred Pennyworth, Flash (Berry Allen), Quicksilver, and Ant-Man(Hank Pym) The match is a last man standing and KnockBack rules are in effect.
Map: [B]Sacred Shrine Map( I subbed out the water tile for molten lava and all rock tile are lava tile except the start zone.)
Units: Killer Frost, Magma, Fire Demons, Captain Cold, and Enchantress.(1100)Flash(Berry Allen), Quick Silver, Alfred, Robin(Tim Drake), Batman(#1Bruce Wayne), and Ant-Man(Hank Pym).(1100)
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- What should be the unit's point value? ~220
- Give a brief overview. Last man or Woman standing. A typical elemental match up with Fire vs. Ice. Who will come out on top.
Map: [B]Sacred Shrine Map( I proxyed out the water tile for molten lava and all rock tile are lava tile except the start zone.)
Units: Killer Frost, Captain Cold, Mister Freeze, Doctor Strange, Juggernaut, and Ant-Man(Eric O'Grady).(1200) Enchantress, Fire Demons, Magma, and Red Hulk. (1170)

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!
Old November 19th, 2014, 06:04 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Yikes, some of those armies are just laughably bad.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 27th, 2014, 05:43 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Here's another test:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterius
Here you go. She's a fun unit a little strong for her points. I didn't find Frost Bite that useful otherwise I like her.
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Killer Frost)

- THEME TEST/Pass.

- MIRROR TEST/Pass.

- BONDING TEST/Pass.

- SYNERGIES TEST/Pass.

- POWER CHECK/Pass.

- FUN TEST/Pass.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/Pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/Pass.

- USAGE TEST/Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/Pass.

Army Test 1
- Does it pass? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 220-320
- Give a brief overview. Nick Fury and a squad of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents drop in front of the other team’s base S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents do some damage before Spider-Woman gets there Killer Frost kills Spider-Woman fast more battling before army 2 wins.
Unit Sum-up:
Damage:
Normal Attack: Killed 2 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents put 5 wounds on Spider-Woman and 3 wounds to Dugan.
Special Power: Killed 1 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent.
Power Usage:
Frost Bite: Used 1 times.
Cryokinesis: Gaind 1 frost markers.
Map: Dark Dimensions
Units: Army 1: Killer Frost, Enchantress, Magma (770) VS Army 2: Nick Fury, Spider-Woman, Dum Dum Dugan, S.H.I.E.L.D. Sniper, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents x2 (770)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
- Does it pass? Pas
- What should be the unit's point value? 220
- Give a brief overview. battling in the middle Ms. Marvel and Frost die in the third round Iron Monger runs around finishing the other team of. this was a weird game bad luck all around.
Unit Sum-up:
Damage:
Normal Attack: #.
Special Power: 1 wound to Super-Skrull.
Power Usage:
Frost Bite: Used 1 times.
Cryokinesis: Gaind 0 frost markers.
Units: Army 1: Killer Frost, Ms. Marvel, Iron Monger (800) VS Army 2: Super-Skrull (Kl’rt), Skrull Warriors x4 and Skrull Infiltrator x2 (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
- Does it pass? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 220-300
- Give a brief overview. Both teams move out battling in the middle and some Fire Demons fall but take out Krypto and Superboy Star Sapphire and Frost move out Frost takes down Eradicator moves over and takes down Kryptanian Soldier.
Unit Sum-up:
Damage:
Normal Attack: 5 wounds to Eradicator and 4 wounds to the Kryptanian Soldier.
Special Attack: #.
Power Usage:
Frost Bite: Used 0 times.
Cryokinesis: Gaind 0 frost markers.
Units: Army 1: Killer Frost, Fire Demons and Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris) (810) VS Army 2: Superboy (Kon-el), Krypto, Eradicator and Kryptonian Soldier x1 (800)
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 27th, 2014, 05:50 PM

From the first 2 tests I would say 220 is good maybe a little high with a convincing lose & a tight win, but that last one was a huge victory & really confuses my judgement on price point there.

He also mentions that he didn't get any use out of Frost Bite. My thoughts is that it should be very useful as is. Does he not get its use or am I seeing value that isn't there?
Old November 29th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Looks useful as a counter to me

I'll try and build a lava map here soon and run some tests with her.
Old November 29th, 2014, 07:08 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
A Song of Fire and Ice

I think if there are no lava resistant figures or lava I think 8 times out of 11 I won't use it.

~Dysole, who'd use it on people who are tough to wound otherwise
Old November 29th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I think it'll be useful enough. If you don't have any way of recharging her it might not be worth burning the marker, but if she can recharge and/or is facing the right opponent, it should be plenty useful.

However, taking another look at Cryokinesis, it isn't very clear when the marker is placed. Based on the current wording I assume the marker is placed immediately (as soon as she takes wounds from the attack or as soon as she moves onto lava field/molten lava), but that gets a little weird with her Move number potentially getting increased in the middle of her movement. Not necessarily a problem, just seems messy to me.

I'm also not clear on the wounding wording in Cryokinesis: is the use of "a wound" supposed to mean it triggers when she takes exactly 1 wound? Or is it supposed to trigger when she takes any number of wounds?

And maybe it's just me, but it seems weird to have Cold Strength and Cryokinesis as separate powers when it pushes her up to 4 powers; seems to me like they could easily be combined in to one power.

Also, the Frost Giant already uses the power name Frost Bite.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 29th, 2014, 10:55 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Something like this?

CRYOKINESIS
Start the game with 3 white Frost Markers on this card. Add 1 to Killer Frost's Move, Attack, and Defense numbers for each Frost Marker on this card. If Killer Frost moved onto molten lava or lava field or she received a wound from a normal attack from a figure with the Lava Resistant power on its card, replace 1 white Frost Marker on this card. You may only replace 1 Frost Marker per turn and may never have more than 3 Frost Markers on this card.

If not then you need to change the ice Marker reference in the last part to Frost Maker.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 1st, 2014, 07:43 AM

Ok so for another name for Frost Bite, how about Frosty Kiss?

Then to join the powers & make the timing clearer;

Quote:
CRYOKINESIS
Start the game with 3 white Frost Markers on this card. Add 1 to Killer Frost's Move, Attack, and Defense numbers for each Frost Marker on this card. At the end of any player's turn where Killer Frost moved onto molten lava or lava field or she received a wound from a normal attack by a figure with the Lava Resistant power on its card, replace 1 white Frost Marker on this card. You may only replace 1 Frost Marker per turn and may never have more than 3 Frost Markers on this card.
Old December 1st, 2014, 09:25 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Much better.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 1st, 2014, 11:02 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I like Frosty Kiss.

Quote:
CRYOKINESIS
Start the game with 3 white Frost Markers on this card. Add 1 to Killer Frost's Move, Attack, and Defense numbers for each Frost Marker on this card. At the end of any player's turn where Killer Frost moved onto molten lava or lava field or she received a wound from a normal attack by a figure with the Lava Resistant power on its card, replace 1 white Frost Marker on this card. You may only replace 1 Frost Marker per turn and may never have more than 3 Frost Markers on this card.
Looks good, except this doesn't address the "a wound" wording. Also, by switching it to "at the end of the turn" I think you can remove the "may only place 1 per turn" part. Maybe:

Quote:
CRYOKINESIS
Start the game with 3 white Frost Markers on this card. Add 1 to Killer Frost's Move, Attack, and Defense numbers for each Frost Marker on this card. At the end of any player's turn where Killer Frost moved onto molten lava or lava field or received at least 1 wound from a normal attack by a figure with the Lava Resistant power on its card, replace 1 white Frost Marker on this card. You may only replace 1 Frost Marker per turn and may never have more than 3 Frost Markers on this card.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library