Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 13th, 2019, 02:49 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

I'll be doing my daughter's wedding on the 28th. I mean
Old December 13th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post

I'll be doing my daughter's wedding on the 28th. I mean
Well that might not work for me to meet up, but you could probably find some Utes down to game the week prior

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 13th, 2019, 08:17 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@BiggaBullfrog since you mentioned standings earlier... that’s be cool if you had an OVERALL Running Standings in the OP of the thread. It’s be neat to see 2 categories: 1) Players listed by The numbers of placing a (I.e. SirH: 2 1sts, 5 2nds etc etc), or you could just list the winners of the tournaments with their respective numbers...and the other category 2) Win-loss record top to bottom. That’d be pretty neat to see I think.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 13th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
@BiggaBullfrog since you mentioned standings earlier... that’s be cool if you had an OVERALL Running Standings in the OP of the thread. It’s be neat to see 2 categories: 1) Players listed by The numbers of placing a (I.e. SirH: 2 1sts, 5 2nds etc etc), or you could just list the winners of the tournaments with their respective numbers...and the other category 2) Win-loss record top to bottom. That’d be pretty neat to see I think.
So what I have, and what I may add into the OP of the thread if you want, is a spreadsheet of all of the tournament-winning armies. My general "rankings" I have are just based off of that: who has won the most Monthlies. It's definitely not the best way to do rankings, and I keep the spreadsheet more because I like tracking which figures perform best than tracking players. There's a lot more going on with player rankings like armies, specific matchups, etc., and in a perfect world I'd love to do something more along the lines of ELO or the online rankings thread, but I don't have that data to work with. The way I'm doing it, my system could easily just track which players are most willing to bring Rats/Raelin/Range to a tournament rather than the best ones. Because of that I'm also generous -- anyone who has the same top win/loss record at the end of a Monthly becomes a winner, so there are a few months where we've had two or even three "winners."

Win/Loss records could be interesting, though a good amount of work to set up. It's also flawed because someone could come once, go 3-1, and be better than people who play often and win multiple tourneys but have just under a 75% win rate overall. Which is just another way for me to bellyache about not having an easy way to do a super complicated formula that other online rankings go, grumble grumble grumble.

Fun fact, though: Airborne Elite are the most winning-est unit in our Monthlies, being in 5 winning armies. Well, Isamu has actually been in 6, but he doesn't count. (4 of those armies were this year, too, which means something is wrong and our players are falling apart...)
(and further side note: tracking winning-est units is also flawed because formats like Reverse the Whip, Bring 2, etc. exist etc. etc. etc. but I'm just doing what was easy and convenient for me to track during my boring night classes)

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old December 13th, 2019, 09:13 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Shoot guys; I'll be in Utah approx Dec 21st through 29th. Maybe you ought to reschedule...

You should definitely try to get with some of the other players in Utah then! I'll have moved by next week so I can't make anything then, but I know we've got a lot of players between Salt Lake and Provo who like to game when the chance arrives, and I bet there could be another game day set up!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old December 14th, 2019, 02:19 AM

Also, I'm not sure if anyone is still deliberating on army ideas, but I will say that from what I've been talking to others about, if we get someone or sometwo to bring/play Priscus and Arthur, we'll check off each figure on the Gotta Catch 'em All list. So just saying....

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 15th, 2019, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Also, I'm not sure if anyone is still deliberating on army ideas, but I will say that from what I've been talking to others about, if we get someone or sometwo to bring/play Priscus and Arthur, we'll check off each figure on the Gotta Catch 'em All list. So just saying....
We did it! That’s pretty impressive!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 15th, 2019, 09:36 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Hey gang! I left my Brontos figure at the tourney. Did anyone happen to pick it up?
Old December 15th, 2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
Hey gang! I left my Brontos figure at the tourney. Did anyone happen to pick it up?
Oof...no I didn't see anything before I left...but Bigga and Leaf were the last ones though, so they would probably know.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 16th, 2019, 12:54 PM

Thanks everyone for making our Jingle Bell Bash such a success! The Secret Santa gift exchange was better than I imagined! (Legend has it GoldStarmenio is still terrorizing other 'Scapers with his Nerf gun...)

We also checked off all of the units on the Gotta Catch 'em All list! (That's 13 new figures in one Monthly!) That's incredibly exciting for me, as that means that each figure in Classic, Marvel, and Custom Scape has been played at least once in one of our Monthlies! It also means that when I show up next year, I won't be playing janky armies to check off figures from the list like I have for the past two years -- next time I'm bringing the heat!! (Though let's be honest -- you can always expect a bit of jank from me.)

On the other side of the spectrum, here's a fun fact for those of you who like them: The Top 11 Most Played Units of 2019 are:

21 - Krav Maga Agents
19 - Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV)
18 - Me-Burq-Sa
16 - Marcu Esenwein
15 - Knights of Weston (40 total squads)
14 - Bol
14 - Isamu
13 - Phantom Knights (33 total squads)
12 - Marro Stingers (33 total squads)
11 - Deathreavers (19 total squads)
11 - Kaemon Awa

Standings have been updated here. Big congratulations to Sir Heroscape for going undefeated 7 games in a row! That's no small feat!

Keep an eye out for next year's thread starting up ... sometime! I'm not sure when it's going to happen, I'm guessing there will be a break for the holidays, but we'll let you know when it is!

Thanks so much for an incredible third year of monthly Heroscape! I'm looking forward to more good times in year four!

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 16th, 2019, 01:32 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Standings:
1st : 7-0 @Sir Heroscape - Cyprien Esenwein, Goblin Cutters x4 (drop 1) AND Varkaanan Blade Dancers x4, Eldgrim
Sir Heroscape's Varkaanans came with Guilty, not Eldgrim.
Old December 16th, 2019, 01:38 PM

Thanks guys!! This was a lot of fun and it was pretty incredible to have a run like that to finish off the year. For those interested, you can catch my games on my channel since I live-streamed the whole thing...except round 1. I couldn’t get the video working till round 2.

Also, I’m gunna start holding Monthly Idaho tournaments as well, so any interested in traveling are welcome.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events