Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 3rd, 2020, 09:35 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Ah, Good catch. Yeah, he's not supposed to affect himself. Should I upload a new card image with that change?
Please do.

Quote:
At one point I think I had Adrenaline Rush named "Strategic Charge", Would that name work for you? Would that name work for the other judges?
That's fine with me.

Quote:
I'd also like to point out that the change to Adrenaline Burst is actually a nerf to Seasoned Veterans. Before they could use their boosted move without their lowering stats, and now they can't. Now those changes also made positioning them in various situations easier, but I did boost their price for that already, and I feel that they are balanced where they are.
Yeah, I know, and that does make a difference, but they will spend a lot of time in the middle of the fray.
Old November 5th, 2020, 01:15 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

to both
Old November 5th, 2020, 06:44 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

@Leaf_It , is this a faction submission like before, or are they separate?
Old November 5th, 2020, 07:49 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
@Leaf_It , is this a faction submission like before, or are they separate?
They are separate.

Also here's the updated cards with "Adrenaline Burst" changed to "Strategic Charge", and "other" added to Protector of Ironstone.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Leaf_It; March 23rd, 2024 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Updated image host
Old November 5th, 2020, 10:04 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

to review the updated Protectors of Ironstone and Dalmar Stonewall from me. Scytale's point about the strength of Seasoned Veterans is a concerning one, but I'm willing to see how it pans out in testing.
Old November 6th, 2020, 11:15 AM

With those changes, I'm happy to give these guys a try.

to review the Great Axes of Ironstone
to review Dalmar Stonewall
Old November 6th, 2020, 12:09 PM

Abe no Seimei, Kincho, and Ibaraki-doji have passed United Fanscape Review and move forward in the process.
Old November 15th, 2020, 12:14 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

How are you guys feelings towards minis that can be 3d printed? I know you guys allowed an alternate proxy for the wildewoode runner. With how far 3d printing has come, just wondering what the consensus is. Ive been kitbashing heroscape miniatures and made some really fun units that I think are worthy for sov status both in blending with heroscape cannon, and fun/interesting abilities. If the consensus is a no on 3d printed minis that need paint then Ill keep sticking with my own thing. With these, availability isnt really something to worry about.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 15th, 2020, 10:57 AM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

Speaking as a loyal follower of C3V and SoV and having no official connection to either organization, I am not in favor of 3D printed units or units that require painting.

Part of what attracted me to heroscape is that the miniatures are pre painted and those of us who don't paint can still get the same enjoyment

I also am lacking a 3D printer
Old November 15th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

The simplicity of the Wildwood runner is of course that it's basically all brown with eyes if you want to bother. So obviously if minis are of that level of complexity it would make it very easy to make for anyone. Myself I'd just print the runner in brown material so it'd be pretty much done off the printer.

As for those that do not have a 3D printer, the whole of the idea would be that those of us that do would print the miniatures up. This would be similar to the Hrognak mounted unit that was released or the ants and bees that the VC group has bought to redistribute making it available readily.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 15th, 2020, 05:55 PM

The Wildwood Runner was a special case where the original miniature had already been publicly announced some time earlier, but availability had almost completely dried up when the faction was reworked. We didn't want to bail on a mini we had already announced, but we didn't want to leave those who didn't originally buy the mini without an option. Thus the printable proxy.

Except in special circumstances, minis must be painted and individually unique. (Some exceptions include purposefully colorless minis like the Specters, squads of things like insects which are generally ok to use a single mini like the Red Ants, and some repaints like Tyrian.) 3D printing has problems with both availability and color. If a person could secure a way for a mini to be produced in sufficient numbers, painted, and distributed, we would likely be accepting.
Old November 15th, 2020, 06:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
How are you guys feelings towards minis that can be 3d printed? I know you guys allowed an alternate proxy for the wildewoode runner. With how far 3d printing has come, just wondering what the consensus is. Ive been kitbashing heroscape miniatures and made some really fun units that I think are worthy for sov status both in blending with heroscape cannon, and fun/interesting abilities. If the consensus is a no on 3d printed minis that need paint then Ill keep sticking with my own thing. With these, availability isnt really something to worry about.
I know you, personally, could pump out printed minis on demand. But . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Keller View Post
Speaking as a loyal follower of C3V and SoV and having no official connection to either organization, I am not in favor of 3D printed units or units that require painting.

Part of what attracted me to heroscape is that the miniatures are pre painted and those of us who don't paint can still get the same enjoyment

I also am lacking a 3D printer
. . . I'm still here, with PJ.

Others might feel differently, but - for now - I am not ready to put production (or painting) of a mini into the hands of volunteers. Too many things can go wrong. On very special occasions, we've stepped across that line, but I haven't seen anything yet encouraging me to want to do so again.

That said, I have no objection to, for instance, you 3D-printing suitable proxies for anything we've already done. I'd love it, in fact.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs