Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 29th, 2018, 07:31 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
He looks like he could be a guard, a fighter, a warrior, plenty of things.

I do think the Deimos card is good, and if you find another miniature you could keep that card.
Does this Army Card fit the miniature.
Old September 29th, 2018, 07:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

It's a matter of opinion, and a matter of degree.

Let's take the card elements one by one.

Einar: Maybe. His colors look Jandar to me.

Human: yep
Unique Hero: yep
Warrior: yep
Disciplined: yep
Medium 5: yep

6 Life: sure
5 Move: yep
1 Range: yep
4 Attack: yep
3 Defense: seems low until you notice Chain Mail. Works fine.

Spear Wall: It makes sense to represent his spear somehow. I'm not sure this is the best way. Isn't this just Counter Strike renamed? What is a Spear Wall anyway?

Double Attack: A spear is an unwieldy weapon. I don't think it fits with the miniature.

Chain Mail: Makes sense, although it should be called Tough, since that's what it is.
Old September 29th, 2018, 09:44 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
It's a matter of opinion, and a matter of degree.

Let's take the card elements one by one.

Einar: Maybe. His colors look Jandar to me.

Human: yep
Unique Hero: yep
Warrior: yep
Disciplined: yep
Medium 5: yep

6 Life: sure
5 Move: yep
1 Range: yep
4 Attack: yep
3 Defense: seems low until you notice Chain Mail. Works fine.

Spear Wall: It makes sense to represent his spear somehow. I'm not sure this is the best way. Isn't this just Counter Strike renamed? What is a Spear Wall anyway?

Double Attack: A spear is an unwieldy weapon. I don't think it fits with the miniature.

Chain Mail: Makes sense, although it should be called Tough, since that's what it is.
Here the Army Card and the miniature for this custom hero.
Old September 29th, 2018, 10:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Dude. I think Superfrog has been very patient with you. But I’ll be a little more frank and say that I don’t think it’s fair to him and others to be ALL OVER THE PLACE with your customs in these threads. I think it’s fair to ask for help IF YOU KNOW what you want your Custom to be and they assist you in refining it, but literally EVERY TIME he or others comment you come back and drastically change your custom to something not even remotely the same as it was before. It seems like you basically want him or others to design the Custom for you rather than just give feedback to refine it.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 29th, 2018, 10:51 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I like some of the changes.

Sharpened Spear doesn't make a whole lot of sense, if you think about how somebody fights with a spear. They don't usually charge and stab somebody with it. They usually hold their ground and stab somebody who's charging them.

Coward's Reward is a nice thematic power, but it ties him in pretty strongly to the Knights of Weston, at least in my mind. If you're doing that, I'd make him a Champion instead of a Warrior. If you want to keep him a Warrior, I'd drop the power entirely.

And I think Sir Heroscape is right to some degree. You should have a good sense of what you want from your customs when you bring them to workshopping threads. I'm happy to keep giving feedback, though.
Old September 29th, 2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I like some of the changes.

Sharpened Spear doesn't make a whole lot of sense, if you think about how somebody fights with a spear. They don't usually charge and stab somebody with it. They usually hold their ground and stab somebody who's charging them.

Coward's Reward is a nice thematic power, but it ties him in pretty strongly to the Knights of Weston, at least in my mind. If you're doing that, I'd make him a Champion instead of a Warrior. If you want to keep him a Warrior, I'd drop the power entirely.

And I think Sir Heroscape is right to some degree. You should have a good sense of what you want from your customs when you bring them to workshopping threads. I'm happy to keep giving feedback, though.
Is this version any better for this custom unit.
Old September 30th, 2018, 12:09 AM
This is merely a joke.

Yep. I think so.
Old September 30th, 2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Yep. I think so.
That was a old version of the card and the new version is valiant & is a champion.
Old September 30th, 2018, 12:36 AM
This is merely a joke.

Even better.
Old September 30th, 2018, 08:11 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

6 Life, 3 Def and tough will make him insanely hard to kill....

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 9th, 2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
6 Life, 3 Def and tough will make him insanely hard to kill....
It seems that Gilliam isn't all that hard to kill, Grimnak Chomp poor Gilliam to death.
Old October 9th, 2018, 12:51 AM
This is merely a joke.

Well, not many figures can instantly kill an opponent's hero without rolling attack dice. That's kind of a Grimnak specialty.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards