Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 4th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Man-Bat (Breathing Period)

Instead of calling it Claw Carry, as that sounds a bit odd, I would call it Claw Grab or something similar.
Old June 4th, 2016, 02:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
6 Life seems really high, especially for a Batman villain. Unless he's typically shown being much more durable than most humans, I would drop it to 4 or 5.
Agreed. If he ends up with a defensive move power making him hard to chase down and actually hit I would cap him at 4 life for sure.
Old June 4th, 2016, 02:37 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

If he has reactive movement it can be changed to normal movement specifically. Either way is fine.

As for life, I definitely think 6 is accurate. He is a large bat creature, he shouldn't be held at human life standards. Bane is at 6, Ivy is at 6, Clayface is at 6, Ra's is at 6, Joker is at 6, Man-Bat at 6 makes sense IMO.

The name of the power was debated. Claw Carry is what Bats felt ok with, but Claw Grab isn't bad, unfortunately it's already taken by the Man-Bat Assassins.
Old June 4th, 2016, 04:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For reference...

EVASIVE FLYING
When this Beast Boy starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. When this Beast Boy rolls defense dice against an attack from a non-adjacent figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, 1 shield will block all damage, and you may immediately move this Beast Boy one space for each shield rolled.

STEALTH FLYING
When Morbius starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

ECHOLOCATION EVASION
Man-Bat never takes leaving engagements, and rolls 2 additional defense dice against non-adjacent attacks.

Between the three I like the last with maybe a little adjustment...

ECHOLOCATION EVASION
When Man-Bat starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks and he rolls 2 additional defense dice against an attack from a non-adjacent figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 4th, 2016, 04:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
As for life, I definitely think 6 is accurate. He is a large bat creature, he shouldn't be held at human life standards. Bane is at 6, Ivy is at 6, Clayface is at 6, Ra's is at 6, Joker is at 6, Man-Bat at 6 makes sense IMO.
Bats aren't exactly super durable or hearty creatures like say a Rhino or Elephant. They are essentially flying rats, except they are thin instead of fat and their bones are less dense such that they are light enough to defy gravity and fly. Making one man sized (medium 5) does not change that.

Bane is at peak physical form and a battle hardened warrior before he juices up into a adrenaline fueled pain numbing rage, 6 life is totally justifiable there. Joker is renown for the punishment he can take, he actually seems to get off on the pain, so 6 life is also quite fitting for him since he only has a def. of 3. Easy to hit but absorbs a lot of blows, very thematic. Not sure why Ivy got 6 life, I wasn't around for that discussion, but at least she only has 3 def. as well so it goes quick. Clayface is just a blob of putty, the 6 life there represents the difficulty in actually doing any serious damage like breaking a bone or rupturing and kidney. Ras is a top level combatant and assassin who has lived and fought for centuries, the intense combat training combined with the lingering effects from the magical restorative powers have made him tough to put down quickly.

You are talking about pairing 6 life with a base 5 def. that can grow to 7 def. Barring a lucky shot from a heavy hitter, that would take quite a while to work through and put him down. My gut instinct says that a base 4 def., 6 def. at range (which will be often be 7 with stealth flying), and a life of 5 seems more on his level. I see you are shooting for a point range of 190-230, that seems a bit high to me for the character but perhaps I just don't know him as well as I should. As for general power level, in a one on one fight how well does he stack up in this range:

(190 points) The Book of Asgardian Warrior MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Bane DC
(190 points) The Book of Black Alice (Lori Zechlin) DC
(190 points) The Book of Black Canary (Dinah Lance) DC
(190 points) The Book of Bulldozer (Henry Camp) MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Chameleon Boy (Reep Daggle) DC
(190 points) The Book of Cyclops (Scott Summers) MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Doctor Light (Arthur Light) DC
(190 points) The Book of Hourman (Rick Tyler) DC
(190 points) The Book of Hydro-Man (Morris Bench) MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Joker (???) DC
(190 points) The Book of Liberty Belle (Jesse Chambers) DC
(190 points) The Book of Living Laser (Arthur Parks) MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Luke Cage MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Manchester Black DC
(190 points) The Book of Mister Freeze (Victor Fries) DC
(190 points) The Book of Piledriver (Brian Philip Callusky) MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Psycho-Man MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Raven (Rachel Roth) DC
(190 points) The Book of Red Skull MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Sage (Tessa Niles) MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Starman (Ted Knight) DC
(190 points) The Book of The Crow (Eric Draven) CALIBER COMICS
(190 points) The Book of Thunderball (Eliot Franklin) MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Triplicate Girl (Luorno Durgo) DC
(190 points) The Book of Whirlwind (David Cannon) MARVEL
(190 points) The Book of Yellowjacket (Hank Pym) (II) MARVEL
(195 points) The Book of Cloak (Tyrone Johnson) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Angel (Liam) DARK HORSE
(200 points) The Book of Arnim Zola MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Aurora (Jeanne-Marie Beaubier) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Baron Zemo (Helmut Zemo) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Batman (Bruce Wayne) DC
(200 points) The Book of Black Panther (T'Challa) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Bug MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Conan DARK HORSE
(200 points) The Book of Cyborg (Vic Stone) DC
(200 points) The Book of Grey Gargoyle (Paul Pierre Duval) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Killer Croc (Waylon Jones) DC
(200 points) The Book of Kraven (Sergei Kravinoff) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Kryptonian Soldier DC
(200 points) The Book of Living Mummy (N'Kantu) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Lizard (Curtis Connors) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Mojo MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Mystique (Raven Darkhölme) (II) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Nightwing (Dick Grayson) DC
(200 points) The Book of Northstar (Jean-Paul Beaubier) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Ozymandias (Adrian Veidt) DC
(200 points) The Book of Ra's al Ghul DC
(200 points) The Book of Red Ghost (Ivan Kragoff) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Scandal Savage DC
(200 points) The Book of Scorpion (Mac Gargan) MARVEL
(200 points) The Book of Super-Ape (Mikhlo) MARVEL
(205 points) The Book of Meggan (Meggan Puceanu) MARVEL
(210 points) The Book of Baron Von Strucker (Wolfgang Von Strucker) MARVEL
(210 points) The Book of Brother Voodoo (Jericho Drumm) MARVEL
(210 points) The Book of Buffy Summers DARK HORSE
(210 points) The Book of Gambit (Remy Lebeau) MARVEL
(210 points) The Book of Mera DC
(210 points) The Book of Meteorite (Karla Sofen) MARVEL
(210 points) The Book of Robot (Rudy Conners) IMAGE
(210 points) The Book of Sandman (William Baker) MARVEL
(210 points) The Book of Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) MARVEL
(210 points) The Book of Starfire (Koriand'r) DC
(210 points) The Book of Tempest (Garth) DC
(215 points) The Book of Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) MARVEL
(215 points) The Book of Invisible Woman (Sue Richards) MARVEL
(215 points) The Book of Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) MARVEL
(215 points) The Book of Strong Guy (Guido Carosella) MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of Batman (Jean-Paul Valley) DC
(220 points) The Book of Black King (Sebastian Shaw) MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of Captain America MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of Flash (Jay Garrick) DC
(220 points) The Book of Flash (John Fox) DC
(220 points) The Book of Frost Giant MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of Hawkman (Carter Hall) DC
(220 points) The Book of Hush (Thomas Elliott) DC
(220 points) The Book of Iron Man (Mark III) (Tony Stark) MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of Kingpin MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of King Shark (Nanaue) DC
(220 points) The Book of Malekith MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of Marrow (Sarah) MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of Nick Fury MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of Professor X (Charles Xavier) MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of Red Skull (Johann Schmidt) MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of Rhino (Aleksei Sytsevich) MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of Saturn Girl (Imra Ardeen-Ranzz) DC
(220 points) The Book of Storm (Ororo Monroe) MARVEL
(220 points) The Book of X-23 (Laura Kinney) MARVEL
(225 points) The Book of Angstrom Levy IMAGE
(225 points) The Book of Gorilla Grodd DC
(225 points) The Book of Hawkgirl (Shayera Hol) DC
(225 points) The Book of Hawkman (Katar Hol) DC
(225 points) The Book of Human Torch (Johnny Storm) MARVEL
(230 points) The Book of Aquaman (Arthur Curry) DC
(230 points) The Book of Blade (Eric Brooks) MARVEL
(230 points) The Book of Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) MARVEL
(230 points) The Book of Iron Monger (Obadiah Stane) MARVEL
(230 points) The Book of Karate Kid (Val Armorr) DC
(230 points) The Book of Phoenix (Jean Grey) MARVEL
(230 points) The Book of Shang-Chi MARVEL
(230 points) The Book of Sif MARVEL
(230 points) The Book of Ursa DC
(230 points) The Book of U.S. Agent (John Walker) MARVEL
(230 points) The Book of Venom (Eddie Brock) MARVEL
(230 points) The Book of Weapon X (James Howlett) MARVEL
(230 points) The Book of Wrecker (Dirk Garthwaite) MARVEL

I don't see all that many characters on the list that I would bet on him to beat were I to see them come across each other in a comic book/cartoon.
Old June 4th, 2016, 05:58 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I posted the list of Batman characters not to compare Man-Bat to them, but rather in response to the idea that 6 life for a Batman villain is really high. 5 high ranking Batman villains with 6 life(one could also make the argument Croc could have 6 life, depending on the depiction), kind of proves that perception as a bit misguided, IMO. So to essentially state Man-Bat should have 4-5 life because he's merely a Batman villain, seems unfair.

As for those you listed in that point range, I certainly think he'd stand a chance in the majority of those contests, considering a good portion of them he could just pick up and drop from the sky. Of course, points aren't necessarily "who would win in a fight", and a 190 point character doesn't necessarily guarantee victory or outfighting a 180 point character. Mr. Freeze for example, would he really beat Bane or Luke Cage? Probably depends on a lot of factors.

I think shooting for 190-200 is certainly reasonable. However, I'm less concerned about the point value, and more concerned with getting the powers and stats right, and then adjusting the points as necessary. I don't exactly subscribe to the idea of a character not being accurate in a certain point range(barring extreme cases of course, a matter of ~25 points vs. 100+ off is quite different).

I'd say let's nail down the 3rd power first, then worry about things like life, defense, and points. Those can always be adjusted as needed, to make sure he's playing around the same level as his peers.
Old June 4th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
I'd say let's nail down the 3rd power first, then worry about things like life, defense, and points. Those can always be adjusted as needed, to make sure he's playing around the same level as his peers.

I think 190-200 is where I'd like to see him wind up for points, but definitely agreed that we should sort out the third power first.

I might want a more general name for it, but I do like japes' suggestion here (a merger of Arkham's proposal with aspects of Evasive Flying):

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
ECHOLOCATION EVASION
When Man-Bat starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks and he rolls 2 additional defense dice against an attack from a non-adjacent figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power.
Old June 4th, 2016, 06:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

NAME = MAN-BAT ASSASSINS

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SQUAD (3)
CLASS = ASSASSINS
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150
and with Evasive Flying 1 shield blocks all wounds from non flyers (which is most of Bat family).

Instead of the Defense boost maybe just stick with Evasive Flying here as well. 1 Shield blocks seems better than +2 defense and seems like it would be more thematic. He is a hard to hit creature but his durability isn't his power. A defensive power that makes him hard to hit and a life of 4 or 5 seems right with a defense of 4 and Evasive Flying.

If you guys are pushing to lower his life, his defense, and not give him a defensive power though I'm siding with Ark a little here.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Ronin but yeah...the third power needs to be agreed upon here before we start getting into the Def and Life discussion as that will impact my feelings here.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 4th, 2016, 07:21 PM

Im fine with the suggested power btw.
Old June 5th, 2016, 12:38 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I agree that the first two powers are solid but I'm iffy on the third. I'd like to see either the reactive movement or the defense boost, not both. I'm fine with the LD's choice on that matter.

After that, I agree that the stats should go down. I'd rather see high Life with low Defense or vice-versa, depending on how you want to play the character. And Attack should probably drop too, since he'll have pretty consistent auto-wounds and he's never really been a bruiser.
Old June 5th, 2016, 02:21 AM

I'm thinking Evasive Flying has everything wrapped into one(no leaving engagements, advantage when non-adjacent, and some movement) and is an already made power so we're not making another new power here.

Quote:
NAME = Man-Bat
SECRET IDENTITY = Kirk Langstrom
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Creature
PERSONALITY = Conflicted
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 190

FIGHTING FOR CONTROL
Before taking a turn with Man-Bat if there is a figure adjacent to him, you must roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 2 from your roll for each wound marker on this card. If you roll a 2 or less, Man-Bat cannot move and must attack each adjacent figure once this turn with his normal attack.

CLAW CARRY
Man-Bat may choose one small or medium figure he passed over while flying. After moving, place the chosen figure on an adjacent space next to Man-Bat, and you may roll one unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. Man-Bat and any figure moved by Claw Carry never take leaving engagement attacks.

EVASIVE FLYING
When Man-Bat starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. When Man-Bat rolls defense dice against an attack from a non-adjacent figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, 1 shield will block all damage, and you may immediately move Man-Bat one space for each shield rolled.

Superstrength
Flying
However, I wouldn't be opposed to either other proposed options either, such as this:

ECHOLOCATION EVASION
When Man-Bat starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks and he rolls 2 additional defense dice against an attack from a non-adjacent figure.

*I don't see why his echolocation should be negated if the other figure can fly, so if we're creating a new power I'd prefer to leave that part out.

or

ECHOLOCATION EVASION 11
When Man-Bat starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. When a figure that was not within 3 spaces of Man-Bat prior to moving ends its movement within 3 spaces of Man-Bat, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, you may immediately move Man-Bat up to 3 spaces.
Old June 5th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
NAME = Man-Bat
SECRET IDENTITY = Kirk Langstrom
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Creature
PERSONALITY = Conflicted
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 190

FIGHTING FOR CONTROL
Before taking a turn with Man-Bat if there is a figure adjacent to him, you must roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 2 from your roll for each wound marker on this card. If you roll a 2 or less, Man-Bat cannot move and must attack each adjacent figure once this turn with his normal attack.

CLAW CARRY
Man-Bat may choose one small or medium figure he passed over while flying. After moving, place the chosen figure on an adjacent space next to Man-Bat, and you may roll one unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. Man-Bat and any Figures moved by Claw Carry never take leaving engagement attacks.

EVASIVE FLYING
When Man-Bat starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. When Man-Bat rolls defense dice against an attack from a non-adjacent figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, 1 shield will block all damage, and you may immediately move Man-Bat one space for each shield rolled.

Superstrength
Flying
I like this version.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library