Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 17th, 2023, 10:13 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I assume Elbda comes from Feylund, given the backstory.

I'm a little wary about Necromatic Nexus. Allowing Undead to freely respawn on top of glyphs anywhere near Elbda seems really good.
Old July 17th, 2023, 11:23 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I assume Elbda comes from Feylund, given the backstory.

I'm a little wary about Necromatic Nexus. Allowing Undead to freely respawn on top of glyphs anywhere near Elbda seems really good.
Yes, Feylund is included in the Card Text spoiler.

Glyphs tend to be spread to symmetric corners of maps, so unless there is an unusual glyph setup leveraging that function requires moving Elbda at least once, is still dependent on other actual summoning powers triggering, and covers just a single glyph (without providing any protection for the figure on it, just potential redundancy).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 17th, 2023, 11:24 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I'm not so worried about glyph spawning from a competitive stand point since undead are not top teir, deathreavers exist and Elbda required OM investment to get the bonus. I worry there might be a mechanical reason, but I'm not sure.

I like the way you implemented thrall bonus, and I've always felt the could use an activation boon.

Up to review.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 17th, 2023, 11:30 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Glyphs tend to be spread to symmetric corners of maps, so unless there is an unusual glyph setup leveraging that function requires moving Elbda at least once, is still dependent on other actual summoning powers triggering, and covers just a single glyph (without providing any protection for the figure on it, just potential redundancy).
The argument that it's unlikely doesn't hold much water with me. I play all sorts of in-house scenarios and playstyles that don't follow the usual tournament competitive settings.

Is the ability to claim glyphs with Necromatic Nexus an intentional feature? Or could I convince to you to add an "empty" in there?
Old July 17th, 2023, 06:51 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I'm not so worried about glyph spawning from a competitive stand point since undead are not top teir, deathreavers exist and Elbda required OM investment to get the bonus. I worry there might be a mechanical reason, but I'm not sure.

I like the way you implemented thrall bonus, and I've always felt the could use an activation boon.

Up to review.
Understandable about the mechanical uncertainty since many powers disallow it. But as you noted they're not top tier and it's not really the same category of power as most other (movement) powers that specify "empty" spaces. Glad you like the implementation of the Thrall bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
The argument that it's unlikely doesn't hold much water with me. I play all sorts of in-house scenarios and playstyles that don't follow the usual tournament competitive settings.

Is the ability to claim glyphs with Necromatic Nexus an intentional feature? Or could I convince to you to add an "empty" in there?
Fair enough. There are any number of ways to play Heroscape and it's impossible to satisfy all of them. That said, it is an intentional feature. "Empty" is a possibility, but IMO they haven't achieved results to make me think it's a necessary change.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 19th, 2023, 01:55 PM

I like Elbda overall. The powers are interesting and unique and there's value in good positioning. Simple yet strategic.

to review Necro-mage Elbda
Old July 19th, 2023, 02:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

to review
Old July 28th, 2023, 09:30 PM

ogblaha is surprisingly tart

Figure used is -WZK77518 Wizkids Pathfinder Battles: Premium Painted Figure - W03 Female Human Bard
Jezabella is a human minstrel from earth who was recruited by Aquilla to keep her troops moral high.
This is my first time submitting one of these if I need something else let me know.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by ogblaha; July 28th, 2023 at 09:38 PM. Reason: forgot picture
Old July 30th, 2023, 11:11 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogblaha View Post
Figure used is -WZK77518 Wizkids Pathfinder Battles: Premium Painted Figure - W03 Female Human Bard
Jezabella is a human minstrel from earth who was recruited by Aquilla to keep her troops moral high.
This is my first time submitting one of these if I need something else let me know.
The prepainted Pathfinder line has 2 different "Human Female Bard" figures. Are you using this one
or this one ?
these are also both sold as unpainted, so that's nice for the long term.

Edit
: You gave the product number "WZK77518", so I used my brain and figured out that it's the first one, that does not have a sword.

Last edited by Leaf_It; July 30th, 2023 at 11:35 AM.
Old July 30th, 2023, 01:55 PM

ogblaha is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogblaha View Post
The prepainted Pathfinder line has 2 different "Human Female Bard" figures. Are you using this one
or this one ?
these are also both sold as unpainted, so that's nice for the long term.

Edit
: You gave the product number "WZK77518", so I used my brain and figured out that it's the first one, that does not have a sword.
The top one
Old July 30th, 2023, 07:10 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Old August 1st, 2023, 11:15 AM

What is the figure's availability?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs