Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 13th, 2017, 01:56 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Custom pillars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethiar View Post
I agree. I would worry about reproducing hexes of the same dimensions, even if the pattern on top were changed. As far as what is substantial change, That's why patent lawyers get payed so much. You might read up on ornamental design patents and really look at the patents in question. It's pretty gray when I've looked into it.

I believe, though, that design patents issued since 1995 have a fourteen-year term, which means that the patent on all the tiles but the 24-hex tile should be coming up to expire next year, based on a 2004 filing date. Assuming that the design patent was filed at the same time the utility patent was.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles