Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 20th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The HelmAverse Custom Expansion Sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
What's the final verdict?
Let's go with:

PRESSURE LOSS
Old October 20th, 2011, 05:33 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
What's the final verdict?
Let's go with:

PRESSURE LOSS
Old October 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Realistically though, PRESSURE LOSS will probably look and fit the best. Thanks for all of the help fellows (and kudos to Tickle for this one).
I think this was his final choice.

EDIT: 'd I need to make sure there aren't new pages before I post.
Old November 5th, 2011, 06:41 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Two nights ago, my nephew and I got together to play Heroscape, and we decided to play some more Havok customs. This time we tried more of Matt Helm's Havokscape cards. We didn't do the best testing of control groups because both armies included at least one Havokscape custom card, but one army was definitely ClassicScape heavy.

The armies:

THE FORGED FORCES OF FULTON:
1 x Fulton (85 points)
2 x Steamwalkersc (105 points each)
1 x Hundred (215 points)
Total = 510 points

AGENTS, ASSASSINS, and SOLDIERS
1 x Krav Maga Agents (100 points)
1 x Nakita Agents (120 points)
1 x Ninjas of the Nothern Wind (110 points)
2 x 47th Line (85 points each)
Total = 500 points

Extremely brief outcomes:

Game #1: I played the Agent, Assassin, and Soldier army, and he played the Forged Forces of Fulton.
Outcome: The Fulton army won, with Fulton and the Hundred still standing. Fulton had 2 wounds, and the Hundred had 3 wounds.
My Agent Army strategy: Move the Nakitas and 47th out first. Nikitas would help all friendly adjacent figures with Smoke Powder, and they would also help create a buffer for the Krav Maga. I was hoping that the Nakita engagement strike would be helpful too.
Comment on luck: When rolling defense for any of his figures, it seemed like he was always rolling at least 2-3 shields, and I rarely rolled more that 2 skulls during the entire game--even when I had height advantage. This isn't me complaining, I just think it is important to consider during the play-testing analysis.

Game #2: We switched armies--he played the Agent, Assassin, and Soldier army, and I played the Forged Forces of Fulton.
Outcome: The Agent Army won with one 1 Krav Maga, 2 Ninjas, and 3 47th still in the game. The final stand was Fulton taking on the Ninjas. He was able to take one out before he lost his last 2 lives to a 4 skull attack.
His Agent Army strategy: Move the Krav Maga out first and use the Nakitas as the intitial support unit. The 47th and the Ninjas would act as reinforcements.
Comment on luck: When I was rolling for defense I wasn't having the same luck as my nephew had during the first game. In the first 2 rounds he made 5 attacks on my Steamwalkers, of which I only fully blocked one of the attacks--I even had height advantage against two of the attacks. So, in short I lost my Steamwalkers early on. The Hundred and Fulton held on for a while, but I also gained height advantage with them by mid-game--Fulton within the first 2 rounds, the Hundred had height advantage but the 4th round.

Matt Helm,

Keep up the good work, we really enjoyed playing these units. My Nephew really enjoyed playing the Fulton Army.

One more comment: You need to get more of your remaining Havokscape units up so we can start playing them, otherwise I feel the need to work on my customs.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; November 5th, 2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Holy Cow, it's been almost 3 months since I've posted in this thread (and barely posted anywhere really). I apologize to anyone who was following this little project but I only have life to blame. Begining around Halloween, I started dealing with some medical issues involving my elderly parents. Luckily, they're both hanging in but things are tough and their quality of life is up in the air for both the short term and long term future. Dragging my kids to a rehab center for seniors was not how I wanted them to spend Christmas Day. Both kids made me proud that day as they made the best of it and didn't complain about the 2 1/2 hour car ride each way, the hours spent in a depressing building full of wheelchair bound oldies, or the pathetic Christmas dinner purchased form a Quick Check (gas station) Deli. In fact, I made myself chuckle when I saw them patroling the hallways with their new Nerf guns and suddenly got the image that they would start shooting the "zombies" wandering down "Wing B".

Anyway, things are fairly stable for me (although their issues are on my mind constantly) and my house (despite the debt) is almost done with the Hurricane Irene renovations... if only that lousy insurance company would come through and I could afford to finalize the last bits.

So, the bottom line is, I hope to have some time soon for this little hobby of ours. Santa was nice enough to deliver Matt Helm the final two Flagbearers he needed ... now I only have to get to repainting a Sam Brown out of a 4th Mass figure I aquired (wrong sculpt but it will work) and I'll feel real good.

I also recently decided to finally open my copy of Stratego Legends since the boy found out that he likes the original Stratego. Therefore, the Scape-bug is itching me again.

I'm real close to finalizing the Pteravore Razors for this thread and maybe the Black Knight (and I just ordered a Scarlet Witch mini) for my Superscape thread. Then the Karma Sutra (or Suma Kai if you prefer) will finally have to be worked out the way I want and we'll see where I can go from there.

So keep watching, I plan on coming back soon and thanks again for your interest.

Last edited by Matt Helm; January 4th, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Glad to hear things are looking up Mr. Helm.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 6th, 2012, 10:00 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Stay strong and be there for your family, Mr. Helm - we'll be waiting patiently.
Old January 6th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Wishing you nothing but the best Mr. Helm. I know what you're going through. Been there, unfortunately done that.
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:13 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

All my best wishes to you for a brighter year mate. May the scape be plentiful & your dice lucky, in play & life.
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:19 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

I hope things continue to gradually improve for you--home, helath, and happiness wise. I actually wish some really quick changes, for the better, in the near (if not immediate) future.

...and although I have missed seeing your unit updates, it's good to see a personal update.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old January 8th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Captain Underpants

Thanks for all of the positive energy fellas. Things are going OK but there is a little "out of sight out of mind" going on that allows me to proceed through the daily grind. Luckily I've got great brothers and we all share in the burden. And besides the mental strain he has been under, my Dad has been holding up much better in the last month or so and I feel he is strong enough to get done what he needs to.

So here I am back for a bit and I decided to throw the Razors up against the wall as is and see how they look.
---------------------------------------------

PTERAVORE RAZORS
PTERAVORE PRIME GENUS
Spoiler Alert!

PTERAZOR
COMMON SQUAD
WARRIORS
TENACIOUS
MEDIUM 4

LIFE: 1
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 2
DEFENSE: 4

WILD TACTICS
When each Pteravore Razor attacks, he may either add 2 to his attack dice, or attack one additional time.

PACK WARRIOR STEALTH HOP
After taking a turn with Pteravore Razors you may move up to 3 Pteravore Razors you control that did not move this turn, up to 3 spaces each. When counting spaces for a Razor's Pack Warrior Stealth Hop movement, ignore elevations. A Razor may hop over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and hop over obstacles such as ruins with a height of 5 or lower. A Razor may not hop more than 5 levels up or down in a single hop. If a Razor is engaged when he starts to hop, he does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

-----------------------------------------
I'm thinking a color scheme of a Light Olive Green or so on the border with a dark tan banner (or reverse if it looks better but see the color combo on the box art below) and this background picture with a monochrome red...

Now for their symbol, it would be taken from the circle under HAVOK here...

.. And when my boy A3n gets a chance (no rush by any stretch, I am a man with limited time now myself), maybe he can update the shading on the border of the QA'AN army cards to the lighter orange shown on the Steamwalkers.

EDIT: Some changes made to the Double Attack power to represent a choice in their method of attacking with their bladed arms.

Last edited by Matt Helm; January 25th, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old January 14th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

You have all of my best wishes as well, Matt. I hope 2012 is a better year. I look forward to seeing more Matt Helm updates.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards