Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 23rd, 2016, 10:53 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Leaf_It's custom unit's and abilities

Very cool stuff!! I don't have much to comment on (Which is a good thing!), but I would probably put GLAURAD at 70 points! Other then that it looks pretty good, congrats!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old November 28th, 2016, 11:15 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Maltis Tez (Aquilla)
Spoiler Alert!
Hey Leaf_It,
I see what you are trying to do with Maltis, but the wording is probably not going to make it through SoV for his Climbing Endurance.

I think you are trying to do too much with him.

He already has a Move 7, which is great, and Climbing Endurance might net him +3 if he goes up 2 levels (so basically free climbing).

How about just giving him Move 8 and leaving his powers as Evasion Instinct and First Assault? The Evasion gives him a free move that could be up to 5 levels high. That is a highly mobile figure already without having to work on complex language.

He doesn't have traditional disengage but he gets to disengage when he attacks.

What other figures would you see working with Maltis? He's an Aquilla Scout, so I could see him with the new Teeth of Makwa but also thinking that a "Scout" army with the Venoc Warlord would yield a +2 Move for Maltis. With 7-8 move, he can make it to most glyphs on BoV maps, and on smaller maps, almost to the opponent's start zone.

He's a very interesting figure but I think you should simplify the design (especially for a 60-point unit).
Old January 12th, 2017, 04:44 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I have tested Maltis Tez to a point where I am comfortable submitting her to the SOV. Here is the version that I will be submitting:

I updated the OP for Maltis Tez. Currently Xilarth, and Glaurad need to be updated though. I have made several changes to them that I need to updated for.

Last edited by Leaf_It; January 14th, 2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old January 12th, 2017, 03:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Evasion Instinct seems overcomplicated, honestly. Since the theme is that she moves out of engagement after attacking, why allow her to move forward and/or engage other figures with that movement?

I'd suggest this version:
EVASION INSTINCT
After attacking an opponent's figure with Maltis Tez, you may move Maltis Tez up to 1 space. This space may be up to 5 levels higher. Maltis Tez can use Evasion Instinct only if she ends her Evasion move not adjacent to any enemy figures. Maltis Tez never takes leaving engagement attacks while using Evasion Instinct.
Wording is a combination of Vanish and from Gain High Ground.
Old January 13th, 2017, 09:20 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think dok has a good suggestion.
Old January 14th, 2017, 11:35 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Hey @Leaf_It I like Maltis latest version. I'm not sold on the massive amount of move though. 6 or 7 move would be more thematic. Figures with 8 are usually crazy fast flyers or mounted units. Also account for the bonding option with the venoc warlord. Overall, not bad. I have that figure as well. Maybe I'll check it out when I get time.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 14th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm just kind of confused that no one mentioned 8 move being an issue before now. I brought it up in the pre-SOV workshop, where 8 move was actually suggested by someone else. It was 7 move before then. The logic in my head says that she is faster than normal because she is a hybrid, and she is a scout so she runs all the time. 8 seems perfectly thematic to me before everyone started telling otherwise.

As for Evasion Instinct, there's more going on with it that might be apparent. The idea I was going for, was that she could run around from engagement to engagement. While she might attack one figure, she might also choose to engage another immediately after, especially if they are weaker, hoping that she has a chance to kill them on the next turn. The added utility of only needing to leave engagement with the figure you choose, was left there so that she couldn't be stopped so easily just by being surrounded. The ability never states that you need to attack the figure you chose either, it's literally just "you don't take engagement attacks when moving with this ability". So you could choose an enemy figure, attack a different enemy figure, and then jump to a position that is still adjacent to the figure you attacked, so long as it's not adjacent to the figure you chose. Additionally, you can kill the figure you choose, then use the ability to move on to the exact same hex they were on, because you won't be adjacent to them. I play tested with all of this in mind. That's part of why she is so weak. She can do all of this, but only in certain situations would you want to. Engagement is her great weakness, so using all the utility that the ability provides, is only really helpful if the enemy can't use it to pin her down. The ability as actually amazingly versatile.
Old January 14th, 2017, 06:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Card as is with an adjust on move down 1 to 7 would get my vote. Standard human bi ped move is 5 mounted units is about 8. So seven is still quite fast while still representing her speed and the other evasion representing her agility. The more i look at it the more i like it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 15th, 2017, 12:39 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'm aware there are differences between how it would work with and without the choosing a figure. My contention is that it's not worth the complexity, and that it fails to evoke the theme of "evasion".

If you want to split the difference, just make the move not allow moving into engagement. That's similarly versatile (often better, sometimes worse) and much more simple.
Old January 17th, 2017, 02:02 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I'm just kind of confused that no one mentioned 8 move being an issue before now. I brought it up in the pre-SOV workshop, where 8 move was actually suggested by someone else. It was 7 move before then. The logic in my head says that she is faster than normal because she is a hybrid, and she is a scout so she runs all the time. 8 seems perfectly thematic to me before everyone started telling otherwise.
I don't see a big issue with Move 8 if there is some story reason/background for it. That comes down to balancing the points.

I suggested the Move 8 because you had another power that was basically giving 'bonus move' that folks just couldn't agree with {based on wording} .. and it just seemed easier to keep that theme then fighting over wording.

I like the one response of "maybe she's part cheetah .. " as a great story reason that she can have Move 8. Others mentioned the Kozuke Samurai that are normal humans that can Move 8 if they engage.

Because she's a Scout and could get a bump of +2 from the Venoc Warlord, that might give some concerns - but investing a 120-points in +2 Move for Scouts is an army building decision.

Still - you have a non-bonding - one attack per OM figure. I don't think it is broken for my game play ...
Old January 26th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I got a chance to try Maltis, and actually found that being able to end adjacent to a figure was part of her charm. As a scout being able to grab glyphs after destroying a figure or moving to engage an imposing force was valuable. This isn't very evasive, but it gives you lots of options when using Maltis as a lead figure. This version also allows her to gain better positioning on figures after attacking them, which can help with survivability.

Quote:
COMBAT POSITIONING
After attacking an opponent's figure with Maltis Tez, you may move Maltis Tez up to 1 space. This space may be up to 5 levels higher. Maltis Tez never takes leaving engagement attacks while using Combat Positioning.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I know that power has had many iterations. There is something about the mini that does evoke speed and maneuverability, along with the power to strike. I like the direction for the theme.

I don't much care for the version of the design that was submitted to the SoV. Renamed and simplified, as Wriggz suggests, it's better. Maybe that's where the power should be; maybe it should be in another expression of the same theme that's further from Evasive Instinct.

Make this unit fully baked. The previous version felt, to me, a little forced. Addition of a design element to get a mechanical effect created a highly complex power with a contradiction in the theme. Everything about the design was compromised by the absence of restraint in Evasive Instinct. Make the unit (1) what it needs to be and (2) nothing more.

Two cents from someone who does not design custom units, but has spent a long time working in the process of evaluating them.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards