Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old October 17th, 2022, 02:20 PM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!
Re: ScapeCon III Marvelous Map Contest: Maps Due Oct 9th, 20

I was curious about the usage of sets in this contest so I pulled together the data from the submissions (I counted only 28 sets, I believe one was removed after submission which would explain why the previous count was 29).

Here's the data. Unique usage is how many maps used that set (so if a map uses two of the same set that only counts for 1). Total usage is the amount of that set used (a map that uses two of the same set counts for 2 in this case).

Besides the Marvel set of course, the most used set was a tie between Jungle and Forest, each with 8 unique usages and 9 total usages. Right behind them and number 1 among Master Sets was BftU with 8 total and unique usages.

The least used set was Volcarren Wasteland with only 4 unique and total usages.

The most used terrain combination was a tie between 2x Marvel 1x BftU 1x RttFF and 2x Marvel 1x BftU 1x TJ.

Just thought this was some interesting info!
Old October 17th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I plan to get the polls up tonight or tomorrow! I got all the IRL photos done, I just need to get them posted here and then I can make the polls.
Old October 17th, 2022, 05:19 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Talking Re: ScapeCon III Marvelous Map Contest: Maps Due Oct 9th, 20

Thanks for the info @Awaken515 !
Old October 17th, 2022, 05:28 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken515 View Post
I was curious about the usage of sets in this contest so I pulled together the data from the submissions (I counted only 28 sets, I believe one was removed after submission which would explain why the previous count was 29).

Here's the data. Unique usage is how many maps used that set (so if a map uses two of the same set that only counts for 1). Total usage is the amount of that set used (a map that uses two of the same set counts for 2 in this case).

Besides the Marvel set of course, the most used set was a tie between Jungle and Forest, each with 8 unique usages and 9 total usages. Right behind them and number 1 among Master Sets was BftU with 8 total and unique usages.

The least used set was Volcarren Wasteland with only 4 unique and total usages.

The most used terrain combination was a tie between 2x Marvel 1x BftU 1x RttFF and 2x Marvel 1x BftU 1x TJ.

Just thought this was some interesting info!
That really neat seeing it all layed out like that. Thank you for sharing.
Old October 17th, 2022, 06:55 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Hah hah, those are precisely the two combos of my two submissions. Does this mean I get to call myself the most average? Or the most popular? Or the most boring?

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 17th, 2022 at 10:25 PM.
Old October 17th, 2022, 10:12 PM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Hah hah, those are precisely the two combos of my two maps. Does this mean I get to call myself the most average? Or the most popular? Or the most boring?
Maybe it just means you have a good eye for the best set combinations! I didn't have this in my post, but there were only 3 maps with each of those combinations. So it's not like it was a huge amount.
Old October 18th, 2022, 01:56 AM

The second post has been updated with all the maps and their IRL images!
Old October 18th, 2022, 03:24 AM

Here are all the Links to the Round 1 (QuarterFinal) Polls! This will also be in the OP. Be sure to check the second post for more images of the maps in the contest:

Round 1A

Round 1B

Round 1C

Round 1D

Round 1E

Round 1F
Old October 18th, 2022, 07:20 AM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: ScapeCon III Marvelous Map Contest: POLLS OPEN! Check OP

Wow, an immense amount of labor you put into this, @MegaSilver .
Old October 18th, 2022, 12:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I left some commentary on each map. I am not a real map expert, so I just pointed out whatever red flags I saw. I would love to see comments from others, and am actually waiting to vote in most threads until there is more commentary.

Side note: I didn't submit any maps to this one.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 18th, 2022, 03:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I also gave some thoughts. Some real promise showed in a lot of the submissions. I ended up voting for 15 of the 28 maps in total.

Last edited by superfrog; October 18th, 2022 at 05:13 PM.
Old October 18th, 2022, 10:15 PM

@caps , @superfrog , thanks for posting your thoughts and getting the discussion rolling.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games