Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which Maps Are Best Competitively?
Yo Dawg I Heard You Like Marvel 8 22.86%
Alta 16 45.71%
Desolate Courtyard 15 42.86%
New Aloha 17 48.57%
Aeropagus 17 48.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 18th, 2022, 03:01 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Marvelous Map Contest Round 1C

Here is Quarterfinal votes for the Marvelous Map Contest! With 28 entries, There are 6 (A-F) polls, 4 polls with 5 maps and 2 polls with 4 maps. The Top 2 from each Poll will move on to the Semifinal polls.

Please vote for the maps which look the best competitively, not aesthetically. And feel free to discuss how you believe the map would play. You are allowed to vote for multiple maps.

The first set of maps for Round 1C are:

Yo Dawg I Heard You Like Marvel So We Put Some Marvel In Your Marvel So You Can Marvel While You Marvel

Spoiler Alert!

Alta

Spoiler Alert!

Desolate Courtyard

Spoiler Alert!

New Ahola

Spoiler Alert!

Aeropagus

Spoiler Alert!
Old October 18th, 2022, 12:38 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Marvelous Map Contest Round 1C

I love original maps, and Yo Dawg is that. However, I don't like the way there are two hills at the back--I would have preferred to see one big hill to race towards and fight over in order to give it serious consideration.

I don't like the "your side my side" feel I get with the high ground on Alta, though I like the lateral movement of the road. The glyphs have no cover from the highest points on the map. This could be a map that plays better than it looks, since the highest points are so close to the middle of the map.

Desolate Courtyard looks pretty interesting to play on, though I wish the wall columns on the side were rotated just a bit to block LoS from the high points of the map to the glyphs.

New Ahola looks pretty sweet, but I don't like the Raelin perches that cover both glyphs, and the way the highest points have clear LoS to the glyphs. Good potential for this map with some refinement.

Aeropagus takes the cake for me. I have already used it at a tournament and I think it's great. It sidesteps the issue I mentioned with Alta because the highest terrain is all lava.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 18th, 2022, 03:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The first map is not intended to be taken seriously and so I will not comment on it. It should not be getting votes.

I actually voted for all four other maps in this poll. I would play any of them without hesitation.
Old October 19th, 2022, 02:08 PM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Desolate Courtyard looks pretty interesting to play on, though I wish the wall columns on the side were rotated just a bit to block LoS from the high points of the map to the glyphs.
I agree with you on the LOS blockers. I noticed that myself, but unfortunately it was after the contest deadline. I'm working on some revisions that will incorporate rotating the columns to provide LOS cover to the glyphs. Thank you for the feedback!
Old October 19th, 2022, 10:22 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

FYI Poll is Ending Friday at 11 PM Central Time!
Old October 21st, 2022, 11:45 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Only 12 hours left before the poll closes, and there's still a tie for second place!

Anybody going to break the tie?
Old October 21st, 2022, 07:28 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Only 12 hours left before the poll closes, and there's still a tie for second place!

Anybody going to break the tie?
And.... tie is broken!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games