Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 1st, 2019, 06:47 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I think SW is right on this, just tossing my two cents in on this.
SHERIFF'S POSSE
After taking a turn with Clayton, you may move two unengaged Unique Lawmen Heroes you control up to 5 spaces each.

SHOOTOUT
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Lawmen, instead of taking a turn with that Lawmen you may choose any number of Lawmen within 4 sight spaces of Clayton. One at a time, take a turn with each of those Lawmen. During these turns, the chosen Lawmen may not move.
You get the idea, I would try to simplify it more, more streamlined. I like what you have though in concept. It is not restrained enough IMO right now. I'd also like for the power to allow Clayton to be shooting in the shootout.

Also - maybe limit it to a stastic number like 8th pathfinders.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 1st, 2019, 06:53 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I feel like I have my ears open to concerns about complexity/restraint, but I will say that we were told, in very certain terms, that simple "Omegacron/Lao Xin-style" movement/attack bonding would not pass. Otherwise we definitely would have considered that.
Old April 1st, 2019, 06:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The folks behind this design have been good about posting different versions in appropriate threads and getting feedback.

Please don't turn this into a workshopping thread.
Old April 1st, 2019, 07:17 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The folks behind this design have been good about posting different versions in appropriate threads and getting feedback.

Please don't turn this into a workshopping thread.
With all due respect, until this is pulled back, it feels appropriate to respond here. If its pulled back, happy to respond elsewhere...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 1st, 2019, 07:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You and anyone else are more than welcome to give feedback on things you like or don't like about nominees.

When you start revising powers and posting big text blocks with suggested alternate versions, that's when it starts to cross into workshop territory, for me.

So yes, please respond here. But let's stay focused on the actual submission, not what the submission could look like.
Old April 1st, 2019, 09:25 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Apparently I didn't read the most recent version posted to the pre-SoV workshop very well. I apologize for that. This version goes back to something I did not like about previous versions: Shootout is essentially a power that gets added to all other Unique Lawmen Heroes, but it's not worth that kind of trouble and effort. There isn't much value in putting your order markers anywhere but Clayton (as long as you can keep him safe) if Clayton can activate Shootout (and it's just dumb thematically if he can't). That gives you the freedom to use Sheriff's Posse or Shootout each turn depending on the situation. Then he's just another controller unit, and allowing Shootout to work on any Lawman's turn feels like a gimmick (a troublesome one--adding a new power to other cards is dangerous). An earlier version did a clever thing that made it valuable to spread order markers, but that's gone.

I don't personally want the lawmen to play together as a faction, but I agree it is thematic and valuable to the game. I am willing to give one a try despite my personal feelings. But this version of Clayton doesn't feel solid. What I see here is a fairly normal leader unit with a bunch of gimmicky stuff tacked on to it. I can see how they would have some effect on gameplay, but not to a great extent and just not worth the added complexity.

to review Clayton Pierce
Old April 1st, 2019, 09:28 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I can't believe I missed this before.

Agrah Fenh has received two Nay votes to induct (Scytale and BiggaBullfrog) and is removed from the process.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:34 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Apparently I didn't read the most recent version posted to the pre-SoV workshop very well. I apologize for that. This version goes back to something I did not like about previous versions: Shootout is essentially a power that gets added to all other Unique Lawmen Heroes, but it's not worth that kind of trouble and effort. There isn't much value in putting your order markers anywhere but Clayton (as long as you can keep him safe) if Clayton can activate Shootout (and it's just dumb thematically if he can't). That gives you the freedom to use Sheriff's Posse or Shootout each turn depending on the situation. Then he's just another controller unit, and allowing Shootout to work on any Lawman's turn feels like a gimmick (a troublesome one--adding a new power to other cards is dangerous). An earlier version did a clever thing that made it valuable to spread order markers, but that's gone.

I don't personally want the lawmen to play together as a faction, but I agree it is thematic and valuable to the game. I am willing to give one a try despite my personal feelings. But this version of Clayton doesn't feel solid. What I see here is a fairly normal leader unit with a bunch of gimmicky stuff tacked on to it. I can see how they would have some effect on gameplay, but not to a great extent and just not worth the added complexity.

to review Clayton Pierce
This is just plain wrong. I don't intend this to sound negative, just a question, but you are sure you've read this version correctly? Having done the most playtesting for Clayton, including this version, I can assure you the OM spread is real. The biggest difference between this and previous versions (and even more of a reason for the point bump than +1D, IMO) is that the Lawman leading the Shootout no longer has to give up his whole turn; he can both move and attack before the other Lawmen get their attacks. Plus, with Clayton providing the powers and thus already having a huge target on his head, even with the +1D you want to keep your opponent guessing.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
This is just plain wrong. I don't intend this to sound negative, just a question, but you are sure you've read this version correctly? Having done the most playtesting for Clayton, including this version, I can assure you the OM spread is real. The biggest difference between this and previous versions (and even more of a reason for the point bump than +1D, IMO) is that the Lawman leading the Shootout no longer has to give up his whole turn; he can both move and attack before the other Lawmen get their attacks. Plus, with Clayton providing the powers and thus already having a huge target on his head, even with the +1D you want to keep your opponent guessing.
Keeping your opponent guessing is the only reason I can see to spread order markers, but I would only need to if Clayton was in harm's way. And why would I put Clayton in harm's way? To get an extra shot? I'd keep him in my starting zone as long as possible. Since Shootout just needs clear sight, I'd use the other Lawmen as remote shooters, rushing out early with Posse then repeatedly using Shootout on Clayton. It gives you flexibility to choose which shot is best, it prevents losing order markers due to death, and gives multiple turns later in the round. All I'd be losing is Clayton's shot, which I can take advantage of any time later once the rest of the army has dwindled.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 03:17 PM
This is merely a joke.

With the current cast of Lawmen, Clayton on height is your only chance for 4 attack dice, which is a good reason to not hide him in the back.

But with the only requirement for Posse being that they start within 6 spaces, and the only requirement for Shootout being clear sight, you can send out your cowboys up to 11 spaces in front of Clayton and still have them participate in Shootouts.

Not sure I'd want to skip Clayton's attack, but this current version does leave the door open for that.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 04:43 PM

I am pleased to announce that Uzog by @Kinseth has passed Final Review and has been inducted in the Soldiers of Valhalla! Congrats!

Here are the official cards and PDF.

Old April 3rd, 2019, 04:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Congrats, Kinseth!!!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs