Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 26th, 2018, 11:34 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: X Minus 2 Customs Card Printer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Thanks for your interest, guys, and thanks to Japes for letting us in the C3V know about this problem. We're on it.
How is this going?
We never quite figured out what needs to be done to get the cards on here. I did make a list of the cards that needed to be added, though.
Old October 26th, 2018, 01:13 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Ah, so we need @Xorlof !

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 1st, 2018, 03:15 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Spoiler Alert!

In addition to the above list, Gothlok and Maltis Tez need to be added. Any chance that this could be fixed, @Xorlof ?
Old December 3rd, 2018, 10:26 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

For C3G, I know that having the cards show up in the printer is just a matter of having the cards uploaded to the site in the right directory - if they're in C3G/released/cards/ then they show up in the printer. You can see the URL if you pop open any C3G book and look at the card images.

I'm not sure how this all works for the actual user (ie the guy uploading the art) because I'm not part of C3G's art team and don't have access to that stuff. I also don't know what C3V's set-up is like, but I'm guessing you have some kind of analogous situation, and the secret of where to upload the card art has been lost to time.
Old December 6th, 2018, 04:49 PM

vanilla is surprisingly tart

Hi. I have a question about the Invisible Woman card. Was the force field special ability designed to be active at all times? Or should an order marker be used, so that this is an ability that the figure has to activate during a turn? At 190 points, granting that many bonus defense dice to up to a dozen characters seems overpowered, particularly if it's a 'set it and forget it' ability.

Thanks.
Old December 6th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No order marker required. And she's been playtested hundreds of times, fwiw. Also, she's 215 points if you're referring to the C3G Invisible Woman.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 6th, 2018, 09:27 PM

Gotcha. I have a different custom that looks like it's based on this one, same abilities, except she adds 6 defense die to figures that are within 6 spaces of her for ranged attacks, and 2 defense die to any friendly figure within 4 spaces of her adjacent attacks.

Additionally, she has a a base defense of four, so with force field engaged, she's rolling 10 defense dice. And she costs 190.

I notice your custom has a base defense of zero, and the bonuses are smaller. I think I'm going to use the card for her from X minus 2 in the future. Seems better and more balanced.

Care to weigh in on whether or not you'd make a house rule that the custom I just mentioned should have to spend an order marker, or use a turn as part of synergy in order to use the ability as described above? We may have to use the over-powered custom for our next game, as the draft has already taken place.

Thanks again...
Old December 6th, 2018, 09:35 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heroscape-C...:rk:2:razz:f:0

Here's a link to the custom in question.
Old December 6th, 2018, 09:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Maybe Bats can move this discussion to the C3G Book of Invisible Woman. Yeah, I think that custom is overpowered, especially compared to the C3G one.

Kinda odd that the custom in question uses the exact same wording for the second power as the C3G version (but for an added "for" near the end), and has the same left box stats. Looks like some plagiarism, to me. And in Comic Sans, too.
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla View Post
Gotcha. I have a different custom that looks like it's based on this one, same abilities, except she adds 6 defense die to figures that are within 6 spaces of her for ranged attacks, and 2 defense die to any friendly figure within 4 spaces of her adjacent attacks.

Additionally, she has a a base defense of four, so with force field engaged, she's rolling 10 defense dice. And she costs 190.

I notice your custom has a base defense of zero, and the bonuses are smaller. I think I'm going to use the card for her from X minus 2 in the future. Seems better and more balanced.

Care to weigh in on whether or not you'd make a house rule that the custom I just mentioned should have to spend an order marker, or use a turn as part of synergy in order to use the ability as described above? We may have to use the over-powered custom for our next game, as the draft has already taken place.

Thanks again...
You probably aren't going to get a response to your question here. We are not going to comment on a card found on ebay. We are not affiliated in anyway with someone selling Marvel or DC customs. C3G and all of Heroscapers.com are a fan site that makes no money off of anything we give. People like the person you linked to are the reason I have never released templates for my rectangle cards as I was tired of seeing someone try to profit off of the hard work of everyone here. Your best bet is to stick with what you can find in the X-2 printer. They are free and balanced which is more than you can say for what you find on ebay.

I'd move this to the C3G thread but it doesn't belong there either. I'll find a place though.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 7th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here's the only comment I have to make on that eBay card you linked. It's

I will recommend a course of action for you, though:

1. Print off C3G's Invisible Woman card (using the X Minus 2 Customs Card Printer - on topic!)
2. Use it
3. Light that other card on fire and flush it down a toilet
4. Leave negative feedback for that eBay seller

That's what I'd do at least.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 7th, 2018, 11:18 AM

Thanks for your attention on this question. I've been using the X minus 2 card printer a lot already, and I am so happy that this resource exists. My friends and I have been using and creating custom Heroscape units for a long time, from a variety of different sources. As a result, there's a lot of disparity in the units that we use for games. I ordered that person's Fantastic Four set a long time ago, before I got back on Heroscapers and found x minus 2. It's only until that unit was about to be deployed for the first time that I took a good close look at the implications of its' power levels. Ultimately, I think I'm going to move toward replacing all my custom cards with X minus 2 versions. It is so awesome that x minus 2 exists. Way back when Hasbro put out the Marvel expansion, this is what I imagined was going to happen...eventually all the possible comic heroes and villains would be made, and all the great stories could be reimagined and played out in Heroscape form. When the game was discontinued, I was massively disappointed, thinking about the potential that Hasbro was abandoning. I know how much work and thought goes into trying to create playable customs that are still faithful to the characters. Sincere thanks to everyone who put this collection together, codified it, and delivered on Hasbro's unrealized potential.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software