Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 1st, 2019, 12:56 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I agree that 120 points looks low (especially with the prospect of future demons on the horizon), but that's just from looking and not playing.

Sustained by Blood feels like a net positive to me. I can't see him being unengaged very often after getting into the battlefield, given that he has good mobility (especially with Morgoloth) and will naturally draw fire. If the opponent wants to engage with him with any kind of a squad, then they're likely going to lose most of those figures the next turn (Sustained by Blood gets rid of one for free, and then he has four attacks for the rest). Then, once he mops up those, it's unlikely that he'll have to travel too far to reach more targets, and there's always the choice of activating other units until there are more targets nearby.

Has Sustained by Blood been difficult to trigger in your tests? On paper, it seems like it's achievable enough that the heal could really make him overwhelming against melee.
Old July 1st, 2019, 01:03 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I agree that 120 points looks low (especially with the prospect of future demons on the horizon), but that's just from looking and not playing.

Sustained by Blood feels like a net positive to me. I can't see him being unengaged very often after getting into the battlefield, given that he has good mobility (especially with Morgoloth) and will naturally draw fire. If the opponent wants to engage with him with any kind of a squad, then they're likely going to lose most of those figures the next turn (Sustained by Blood gets rid of one for free, and then he has four attacks for the rest). Then, once he mops up those, it's unlikely that he'll have to travel too far to reach more targets, and there's always the choice of activating other units until there are more targets nearby.

Has Sustained by Blood been difficult to trigger in your tests? On paper, it seems like it's achievable enough that the heal could really make him overwhelming against melee.
He can only eat squad figures you control with Sustained by Blood. I had to read it a couple times to catch that as well, heh. Definitely a net negative with that in mind though, as even when you heal you still have to lose a figure.
Old July 1st, 2019, 01:08 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Ah, that definitely makes a huge difference. He can probably still do a lot of damage before dying without eating too many of your own figures, but that's not nearly as bad as I had thought.
Old July 1st, 2019, 03:47 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The negative effect is cool, but honestly I doubt it would really be used that often. Other than eating something on the way to the front, it seems like it would usually be better to just let it burn itself out than trying for positioning and self-sacrifice. Might work with Deathreavers or Cutters, though, depending, though in those cases ranged units are still probably better.

That would be very different with bonding, of course. But something with Quadruple Attack should probably never bond anyway; the number of attacks is just too high to add more.

I do like the concept, the left-side stats, and the right-side stats. It's extreme, but a mix of great power and terrible negatives.
Old July 1st, 2019, 04:04 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

He can’t eat the rats...they don’t have blood (Soulborg).

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 1st, 2019, 04:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Cutters would have been my first choice anyway. Because they can still do stuff after he flames out.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 1st, 2019, 04:33 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I feel like it would be fairly simple to exclude this figure from bonding anyway. Demon-based synergy could always specify Demon Darklord or Valkrill Darklord rather than just Demon as a race. There's enough possible workarounds that this design probably wouldn't need to change to accommodate those possibilities.
Old July 1st, 2019, 04:57 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I am surprised that a unit with this mobility and this many attacks is getting serious consideration at 120 points. So his 6 Life tick down slowly if you don’t bother to feed him? So what? He’s an assassin. By the time SbB matters, his target is dead.

= =
Old July 1st, 2019, 05:39 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I am surprised that a unit with this mobility and this many attacks is getting serious consideration at 120 points. So his 6 Life tick down slowly if you don’t bother to feed him? So what? He’s an assassin. By the time SbB matters, his target is dead.
A good comparison (only in some ways) is the Hydra for attack output and devastation.

His last life is moot (unless a squads is nearby) because he’ll kill himself, and it’ll take at least 1 turn (maybe 2) to reach a target in the first place. So he really only has 3-4 life to work with if he runs off on his own to assassinate and focused attack’s tend to take care of that quickly...that said...I have some other power ideas if people are crazy opposed to the quadruple attack.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 1st, 2019, 06:09 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

My first thought was that he is like the Hydra. Except that he’s more mobile because he flies and, critically, he does not lose potency as he takes wounds.

If this design had come from someone without your track record I would just assume it hadn’t been playtested. But it’s yours, so I won’t do that. I’m just surprised.

= =
Old July 3rd, 2019, 12:27 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

The figure used for this unit is Arclight figure from Uncanny X-men : Marvel set. Its model name is Arclight.

P.S. Fei Wong's Shadow Kick ability is like Sonlen's Dragon Swoop ability, Fei Wong needs to be adjacent and roll a 13 or higher on the D20. Her Mediation ability is a self heal unlike Sonlen's Dragon Healing ability and roll a 13 or higher on the D20. The Fists of Steel ability grants you the power to do double damage against large or huge hero figures or destructible objects.
Old July 3rd, 2019, 02:41 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Figure looks more like a bionic/robotic human, than a monk.

Shadow kick is okay.

Mediation as a name doesn't seem to match what the power it self is doing. Is there a typo? Can this power be used to heal only Fei Wong, or can it be used to heal any hero?

Fists of Steel as a name also does not really match what the power is doing. To be more specific, it matches alright for destructible objects, but why would having a fist made of steel make a difference against large and Huge hero figures, when it doesn't help against Small and medium? And why only Heros? The power is restrictive, which can be a good thing, but the restriction should make thematic sense, and this doesn't make thematic sense.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards