Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 10th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Those are some mean-looking clerics

Actually, a healing squad would be very interesting. Gives me some great ideas... (goes off to ruin concept)

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 16th, 2015, 12:31 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This one has been discussed a little in the C3V suggestion thread. While some are opposed to the idea of applying such a recognizable character to Heroscape, it works well enough for my custom thread.

This is Hawkman from DC Heroclix Origin Experience.

And this is Hawkgirl from Experienced DC Heroclix Unleashed.

Finally this is Hawkman from Rookie DC Heroclix Hypertime.

I would base them such that their feet touch a normal base.

NAME = Scouts of Aquilla
GENERAL = Aquilla
PLANET = Valhalla
SPECIES = Kyrie
CLASS = Scouts
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Medium 5
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 Figures)
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 110

FLYBY ATTACK

After moving and attacking with the Scouts of Aquilla, you may move each Scout of Aquilla that attacked this turn 4 spaces.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for the Scouts of Aquilla's movement, ignore elevation. The Scouts of Aquilla may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When a member of the Scouts of Aquilla starts to fly, if he or she is engaged, he or she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

The Scouts of Aquilla fly high above the battlefield and examine it safely from afar. When the moment is right, they swoop in and taking a passing strike at their opponent before pulling back away to safety. They use this guerilla warfare and hit-and-run tactics until nothing remains of those who invaded Aquilla's lands.

In Thormun's Journal, the Moon Tribe kyrie are described as wearing animal skins, having bird feathers, and being of red-brown skin tone. While Thanagarian skin color is off (though fixable with a repaint), they otherwise fits the bill as far as bird feather wings and even his helmet can be taken as wearing "animal skins." While it is never stated in the journals what weapons they use or how they fight, we can infer a few things from how Sgt Drake mistakes them for scavengers and how they monitor from afar before coming in and pulling the party away from the destroyed hive. As such, I made them evasive scouts who utilize hit-and-run tactics. I wanted them to be around the same point cost as the other Kyrie and so I upped their attack to 4 to give them some threat.

In practice, I suspect that they will prove expensive and vulnerable with their low defenses. They aren't really tough enough to be a primary squad but I think their stealth flying and flyby attack could justify their use as a secondary group to fly in and out of battle and provide some nice enough attacks. They can be very fast if paired with the Venoc Warlord and can otherwise supplement other melee figures as a pseudo-ranged squad of respectable firepower.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ixe; October 12th, 2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: change move to "double move" (4/4 split)
Old February 19th, 2015, 03:38 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The second Hawkman, the gold one, looks off. Unfortunately, due to the constraint of Hawkman miniatures (namely, I think those the 3 are the only options), there isn't too much you can really do about that. Maybe use a Hawkgirl miniature?

Stat and ability wises, they look fast, but somewhat weaker than the other 110 point kyrie squads. Flyby Attack gives them a nice guerilla tactic ability, and lots of fun theme.

They look pretty good, @Ixe .

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 19th, 2015, 03:55 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
The second Hawkman, the gold one, looks off. Unfortunately, due to the constraint of Hawkman miniatures (namely, I think those the 3 are the only options), there isn't too much you can really do about that. Maybe use a Hawkgirl miniature?

Stat and ability wises, they look fast, but somewhat weaker than the other 110 point kyrie squads. Flyby Attack gives them a nice guerilla tactic ability, and lots of fun theme.

They look pretty good, @Ixe .
Agreed on the gold hawkman, and I was thinking the same thing about using a Hawkgirl figure. Maybe this one:

And Fly By is a great power!!
Old February 19th, 2015, 04:16 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I agree that that Hawkgirl fits the bill better and I have changed it accordingly. While I agree that they don't hold up as well to the other Kyrie at 110, I suspect they won't be too far off from the Protectors of Ullar in practice (especially if you get them a move bonus).
Old February 19th, 2015, 04:18 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty sure the older Hawkman (the third one) is a fair bit smaller than the other two.

Kind of a shame they don't have 4 move to fit with the rest of the 110 point Kyrie Squads, but I guess they need the extra speed. Though, if they had 4 move normally and then 4 move for flyby attack, they would keep the ''double' theme that all the Kyrie Squads but the Protectors have.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 19th, 2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I'm pretty sure the older Hawkman (the third one) is a fair bit smaller than the other two.
That's a shame if it's true. Hopefully he's close enough that it still works.

Quote:
Kind of a shame they don't have 4 move to fit with the rest of the 110 point Kyrie Squads, but I guess they need the extra speed. Though, if they had 4 move normally and then 4 move for flyby attack, they would keep the ''double' theme that all the Kyrie Squads but the Protectors have.
The aesthetics of that is awfully tempting but I'm hesitant that it won't quite work in practice. As a low defense squad they will need to be quick enough to fly in and out in the first place. Maybe they get to move before or after attacking... I'll think about it, at least. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old February 19th, 2015, 04:38 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Quote:
That's a shame if it's true. Hopefully he's close enough that it still works.
My older Hawkman is headless, but I'll see if I can find him to take some pics next the Orgin one.

Quote:
Quote:
The aesthetics of that is awfully tempting but I'm hesitant that it won't quite work in practice. As a low defense squad they will need to be quick enough to fly in and out in the first place. Maybe they get to move before or after attacking... I'll think about it, at least. Thanks for the suggestion.
Well, you'd almost always take them with Atlga or the Venoc Warlord (or both) I'd think, so you can get them pretty fast either way. But yeah, it's probably not worth it. I just get ocd about cycles (probably why I don't really care for the Protectors and their not 'double' power).

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 23rd, 2015, 12:33 PM

I've been eying this one for a while and I finally have a design that I'm willing to put out there.

This is General Malesinder from Pathfinder Miniatures - Reign of Winter.

NAME = Icthator
GENERAL = Jandar
PLANET = Eberron
SPECIES = Dragon
CLASS = Warrior
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE = Large 7 (single based)
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 165

FREEZING EXHALATION

After moving and before attacking with Icthator, you may choose a small or medium figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Icthator. If you roll an 11 or higher, that figure cannot roll defense this turn. If you roll a 16 or higher, that figure also receives 1 wound.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Icthator's movement, ignore elevation. Icthator may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Icthator starts to fly, if he is engaged, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Icthator is unusual for a dragon since he was trained to fight with magical weapons instead of this natural ones. This training has made him a formidable warrior, able to stand toe-to-toe with dragons who far overshadow his size. This training also decreased the focus of using his natural breath weapon, instead using it as a supplement to his combat training as a means of temporarily freezing smaller opponents and making them vulnerable to be shattered with a massive swing. Occasionally this quick exhalation can even kill an opponent outright.

When designing Icthator, I once again was faced with an interesting design problem. He was a dragon, so he needed to fly and have some sort of breath weapon. However, he is clearly different from the rest of his kind by carrying around such a sword so I needed the focus to still be on him swinging it. I knew I'd design him eventually so I mulled on it for a time before coming up with what you see here. I really like the idea of how his breath is used to set up his attacks yet has enough versatility to be used as an unreliable ranged attack if need be (and provide an extra kill). I'd imagine that he is a potent small or medium hero-slayer with his power set, although his lack of a reliable means of multi-attacking will likely keep him overshadowed by Nilfheim on the whole.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ixe; April 20th, 2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: bumped his movement
Old February 23rd, 2015, 01:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Have you thought about extending the duration Freezing Exhalation so that if Greenscales attack that figure, he still can't roll defense dice?
Old February 23rd, 2015, 03:13 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah it's kinda redundant to have a range of 3 when he's a Melee hero, even with the small chance of outright wounding a figure.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 26th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Oran Keldstar
The main reason, I think, that that healers are fairly limited in Heroscape is that they benefit some heroes far more than others. Oran could be amazing in a Raelin/Q9/Fen Hydra pod. I suspect Ana Karithon is limited to healing small/mediums for just this reason. Still, a turn with Oran kinda sucks otherwise. Is the name Keldstar intended to be a throwback to Kelda?

Scouts of Aquilla
While I may have issues with VC pretending Hawkman is a kyrie, I certainly don't have an issue with people doing so with their own customs. I'm terrified of the potential power level here, though. With the Venoc Warlord and Atlaga, these guys have a Move of 8 with Stealth Flying and Flyby Attack. And an attack of 4 on top of that. But then their Defense is pretty poor, so maybe that offsets it. Still, on hilly terrain they will have a heyday with melee opponents.

Icthator
A sword-wielding dragon from a D&D world? Dragons are pretty well-defined in D&D, even with the potential for outliers. What concerns me the most, actually, is what type of dragon is he? Each type of dragon is very distinct. Aside from that, it's a solid design. Freezing Exhalation is an especially clever way to make a fitting breath weapon. I like that it's primarily to boost his melee attack but also provides an option if he is unable to move fully into the fray.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards