Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 17th, 2014, 10:13 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

Hello. I am Maklar. I have made some custom units. CAUTION: Most everything you see in this post is very much so a work in progress

Footmen of Joinville
Spoiler Alert!

The Thieves Guild, a faction of Rogues
Spoiler Alert!

Swaysil of the Northlands a bold Centaur Archer from Feylund
Spoiler Alert!

Tharjo the Gripper Valkrill's mummy, who loves going around and crushing people
Spoiler Alert!

Kelasho Ull a heavily armed mercenary manhunter
Spoiler Alert!

Darksoul Bladesmen Utgar's Black Riders
Spoiler Alert!

Jroma Omt a jet packing Mariedan Mercenary
Spoiler Alert!

Not so great stuff (basically stuff I've done that isn't great, could be fixed, but I haven't got the time or the motivation to work on)
Spoiler Alert!

Any criticism is greatly appreciated.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Last edited by Maklar the Silver Prince; August 9th, 2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old January 17th, 2014, 07:46 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

Welcome to the World of Custom Creation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Fyrus, an elf warlord.
Spoiler Alert!

And the Elite Alsho Mercenaries
Spoiler Alert!

These two "units" work very well together. Any criticism is greatly appreciated. If anyone has ideas for minis for these guys, that'd be great too.
Old January 17th, 2014, 07:55 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Here's some figure ideas:

Wild Elf Raider
Wild Elf Warsinger
Wood Elf Ranger
Old January 17th, 2014, 09:02 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Thanks Sir Y! I also found:
Human Marauder
Elf Swashbuckler
The human marauder has a hood on, so you can't really tell his race.

Old January 18th, 2014, 10:30 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Would you like some help with wording?

If you would like your text customs made into cards the MCC can help you with that.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=38383

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 19th, 2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Thanks Sir Y! I also found:
Human Marauder
Elf Swashbuckler
The human marauder has a hood on, so you can't really tell his race.
I've finally found figures for my units. For the Mercenaries I will use:
Greenfang Druid
Half-Elf Hexblade
Warpriest of Vandria
Elf Swashbuckler

I've decided to make them a four man squad, change hired bonding so it only works with Ullar heroes/squads, and maybe increase their defense and/or attack by 1.

For Fyrus I will use:
Wood Elf Ranger

I don't have the figures, so if somebody who does could tell me how they look scale-wise, that would be great. If somebody could help me with wording, that would be great too. I'll take up MCC's offer once I get some good pictures of these guys.

Old January 20th, 2014, 01:18 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Changes in bold.

HIRED BONDING
At the beginning of the game you may choose one unique Ullar squad or hero that you control that is not a mercenary. Before taking a turn with the Elite Alsho Mercenaries, you may take a turn with that unique hero or squad. If that hero or squad is destroyed, destroy all Elite Alsho Mercenaries you control.

2 SWORD DEFENSE
When Fyrus rolls to defend against a Normal or Special attack if he rolls a shield the most wounds he can take for that attack is one. If he rolls 2 or more shields ignore all wounds inflicted by that attack.

ELVEN WAR CHARGE:
After taking a turn with Fyrus if Fyrus began his turn unengaged you may move all unengaged elves 4 spaces.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; January 20th, 2014 at 01:24 AM.
Old January 20th, 2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Changes in bold.

HIRED BONDING
At the beginning of the game you may choose one unique Ullar squad or hero that you control that is not a mercenary. Before taking a turn with the Elite Alsho Mercenaries, you may take a turn with that unique hero or squad. If that hero or squad is destroyed, destroy all Elite Alsho Mercenaries you control.

2 SWORD DEFENSE
When Fyrus rolls to defend against a Normal or Special attack if he rolls a shield the most wounds he can take for that attack is one. If he rolls 2 or more shields ignore all wounds inflicted by that attack.

ELVEN WAR CHARGE:
After taking a turn with Fyrus if Fyrus began his turn unengaged you may move all unengaged elves 4 spaces.
Thanks William099. Just changed it.

Old March 1st, 2014, 03:55 PM

Hi, I'm back.

I've got a new idea for a unit, but its pretty rough. Any criticism or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cormin the Dark
Utgar

Elf
Unique Hero
Rogue
Tricky
Medium 4-ish (I don't have the figure. Cormin is the Half-Elf Hexblade)

Life 3-ish (something low)
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4 (maybe 5)
Defense 2

Deceit:
If Cormin the Dark is attacked, and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll a 1, the attack ends immediately, and you must pick an opponent. That opponent takes control of Cormin the Dark and his army card. If you roll a 2-10, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 11 or higher, choose a small or medium figure within 4 spaces of Cormin the Dark. Switch Cormin the Dark and that figure. That figure rolls defense dice against any skulls rolled against Cormin the Dark. Cormin the Dark does not take leaving engagement attacks (or are they Passing Swipes?) when moved by Deceit.

As you can see, its pretty rough. Deceit is a bit wordy, and could possibly cause problems. So, once again, it would be great if somebody could give me feedback about him.

About his back story: this guy is fairly obviously Elaria the Pale's buddy. His title matches, his sculpt is pretty cool and pretty evil looking, and he's never mentioned because of his Deceitful ways (Which Elaria is meant to cure if they are in the same army).

Old March 1st, 2014, 04:44 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Seems pretty cool. Is the figure moved by his deceit meant to take leaving engagement attacks (that is the correct term)? I could see him being fun to pair with samurai, actually, and play a bait and switch game with your opponent. Otherwise deceit seems like a cool power and I like that it has the chance of having him defect entirely. I don't think the wording is quite perfect on it (like how you need to remove order markers from the card when you pass it over), but the idea seems solid.

He otherwise seems fairly straightforward as a filler sort of hero with an interesting gimmick. 3 life and 2 defense is awfully frail, though 4 or 5 attack can make you get some use out of him as long as you roll well enough with the d20. The miniature seems to fit with what you're going for well enough. Very neat idea. I'd guess he'd be costed on the low side, though I'm not exactly sure what.
Old March 1st, 2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Seems pretty cool. Is the figure moved by his deceit meant to take leaving engagement attacks (that is the correct term)? I could see him being fun to pair with samurai, actually, and play a bait and switch game with your opponent. Otherwise deceit seems like a cool power and I like that it has the chance of having him defect entirely. I don't think the wording is quite perfect on it (like how you need to remove order markers from the card when you pass it over), but the idea seems solid.

He otherwise seems fairly straightforward as a filler sort of hero with an interesting gimmick. 3 life and 2 defense is awfully frail, though 4 or 5 attack can make you get some use out of him as long as you roll well enough with the d20. The miniature seems to fit with what you're going for well enough. Very neat idea. I'd guess he'd be costed on the low side, though I'm not exactly sure what.
No, the figure moved isn't supposed to take leaving engagement attacks, and I forgot about order markers. Thanks for catching those.

I though of Deceit kinda like an Isamu type of ability that boosts his survivability greatly. It also has the possibility to become overpowered somewhat. Do you think it should be used only once per turn or only against certain attacks, or is it fine as is? I wonder this as most abilities that let you get out of rolling defense dice are more, restricted. However, he has to be around other units (friendly or not).

Another thing I just thought of: He could potentially switch places with the figure attacking him. Would that figure attack itself, or would the attack get negated since a figure can not target itself? I could add a "He must be unengaged" clause to the end of it, but it wasn't what I had in mind entirely.

Old March 1st, 2014, 05:18 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

As is, you gonna have a lot of weird situations I think.
(some are more thematic issues, others ruling problems)
Some examples :
- if you switch with a figure that usually can't be targeted in this situation (Lurk in Shadow-like powers for example)
- If the attacking figure had a bonus against Cormin, but not against the switched figure, (examples : extreme height advantage, Torin Battle Axe...)
- On the contrary, if the switched figure can have a bonus against Cormin,
- If the switched figure is smaller than Cormin... enough small to become unengaged with the attacking figure... how the attacker could continue his attack in such cases ?

More generally, it's not clear to know the exact figure that is the attacking one and the defensive one.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards