Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 31st, 2016, 12:46 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sir Heroscape's Maps

You've got some cool concepts for maps here! I like how A Burning Start has so much of the start zones on lava - I'm sure that would lead to some interesting games. How big are your armies on those larger maps? You have a few, like River Gorge too, that seem like they could allow for some larger-scale warfare if you want.

Pool of Shadow looks like a fun map, probably one of the ones of yours that I like the most. It seems like it plays well from the last video you posted as well. I'm thinking about throwing it together sometime (maybe farther in the future than I'd like, but that's cause I think I'm going to be spending a while working on some new map ideas of my own), and if I do I'll let you know how it goes!

Wellspring Ruin also stood out to me as a really beautiful map. It's another one I'd consider for a fun game, though I'm not sure about competitive play on it - the water seem like it would be too much of a barrier for melee armies, especially against ranged builds. The LoS blockers might help but I think it would need better pathing from side to side. I could be underestimating it but that's my initial reaction.

Hidden Towers is another one I like - it looks like it would look great on a game table. The pathing across the water seems better here, though still difficult, and it seems like there would be a bad case of "my hill, your hill" going on in it which might lead for difficult competitive play, but I bet with a little work it would be great!

And I did get the chance to play on Deep Jungle at the Goblin Throw Down! It also is a great-looking map (I think a lot of your maps have strong aesthetics). It does concern me as a competitive map as well, though, especially with the raised ground right next to each player's left-hand start zones. They're easily accessible from the start zone and are within 6 spaces of each glyph which means a ranged army can easily take their hill and shoot anyone who tries to take glyphs. Seems like a rough matchup for melee vs ranged, and a game of "no, you come to me" for ranged vs ranged. Even melee vs melee could have that, depending on what glyphs ended up on it. I do think it has great potential though. I would give you a better review on it based on my game on it, but that only happened on one side of the map anyway, and TREX's Q9 and DW8000 were made to destroy my Venoc Vipers, so that game on any map wouldn't be a great test of its actual greatness. But it did look great!

Also, I love that you make Scraps maps as well! I enjoy me a game of that every now and again and will probably turn to your thread next time I do! Thanks for sharing your great stuff!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios