Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old September 28th, 2016, 10:00 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart
D&D ToEE Full Box Customs - Need Help! - Updated 11/10/16

Hey everyone, I have had Heroscape sense I was twelve and was able to grab some of the expansion, but not many. This resulted in me playing a few games and getting tired of always using the same units. Flash forward to the present I have been introduced to D&D have had two, year-long adventures and played many of the D&D board games. I liked the experience so much I decided to get my own copy of Temple of Elemental Evil - The Board Game!

I recently have gotten the fiery spirit for Heroscape to be rekindled, thanks to Sir Heroscape and his YouTube channel.

Two loves, one problem and a new source of miniatures and...

I am here, over the next year I hope to have customs made for all the figures included in this box (size permitting). That is were all of you come in, I have never made a custom. I have barely ever thought about making customs. So no experience here. If you could help me with getting a direction that would be awesome! I plan on reading the Customizer Compendium this weekend, but I thought you guys might be able to give me a head start.

What I was hoping for specifically;
1.) Are there any of these figures that someone has already made? (done some digging and have indeed found the Air Elemental by C3G)
2.) Are there any other similar customs(or even official) units that could be copied/or altered to fit the monsters and their personalities a bit better?
3.)Races/Generals/Personalities for cards?

I would like to issue a disclaimer, encase you didn't get this from the Second Item, is that I am not trying to reinvent the wheel or trying to make a perfectly unique never before seen custom. I would like things that fit thematically (both stats and powers) to the actual models that I have.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and read this. And even more thank you if you helped in the creation of these customs!

EDIT: 10/4/2016
I have added some of my drafts in this thread, let me know what you think of them, any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; November 10th, 2016 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Grammatical Errors
Old September 28th, 2016, 10:00 PM

Re: D&D ToEE Full Box Customs - Need Help!

Reserved for pictures of units!

Air Cultist:
Spoiler Alert!

Earth Cultist:
Spoiler Alert!

Water Cultist:
Spoiler Alert!

Fire Cultist:
Spoiler Alert!

BugBear:
Spoiler Alert!

Doppelganger:
Spoiler Alert!

FireBat:
Spoiler Alert!

Gnoll Archer:
Spoiler Alert!

Hobgoblin Fighter:
Spoiler Alert!

Troglodyte:
Spoiler Alert!

Air Elemental:
Spoiler Alert!

Earth Elemental:
Spoiler Alert!

Water Elemental:
Spoiler Alert!

Fire Elemental:
Spoiler Alert!

Akashic Thunn, Salamander:
Spoiler Alert!

Swerglemergle, Ettin:
Spoiler Alert!

Velathidros, Black Dragon:
Spoiler Alert!

Talon, Human Ranger:
Spoiler Alert!

Alaeros, Human Fighter:
Spoiler Alert!

Nymmestra, Sun Elf Wizard:
Spoiler Alert!

Barrowin, Gold Dwarf Cleric:
Spoiler Alert!

Ratshadow, Lightfoot Halfing Rogue:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 11th, 2016 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Updated Fire Cultist pictures
Old September 28th, 2016, 10:01 PM

Reserved for Index of helpers/sources!

BiggaBullfrog: Huntress for Gnolls, inputs on ettin, troglodytes, bugbears, air cultists, and more.

Lefton4ya: Hobbit Assasin forRatshadow, and proposed Trogolodyte Brutes.

I just want to personally say thank you to the supports who have listed and critiqued my choices, my customs and their custom. I really appreciate you taking your time to help me make this resource for the community.

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 11th, 2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old September 28th, 2016, 10:01 PM

You are good to post!
Old September 30th, 2016, 12:36 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool project you've got going here. That's a lot of good minis to have to work with. I'm flattered that you're looking to use one of my customs in there too. Thanks!

Custom-wise, there are some figures that you could use to stand in for "official" C3V customs. For example, your ettin you could use for Grigor and Rogirg, which is a really cool custom (I don't have it personally, but love the mechanics). And the C3V has announced that it's going to be making a unit for that exact air elemental sculpt, so that could work. I have no idea how long it will take until they release it though, so you may or may not want something to last you in between.

I think a lot of those could work as ClassicScape proxies too, depending on what you have. The Air Cultists would make good Protectors of Ullar (minus flying) and the Bugbears could make Horned Skull Brutes and the Troglodytes could be Greenscale Warriors. Those are all common squads, so you would only be able to field one squad with one box it seems, but it could still work depending on how you like to play. Nymmestra seems like she could be any elf/eladrin wizard, depending on what you want. (Female/Fire mage version of Myrddin could be cool)

Those are just what come to me off the top of my head. I could probably think of more if I gave it more time, so I'll let you know. It also, again, depends on what you want. Do you want them to be squads as much as possible? Or would you like a wider variety of heroes?

Oh, and the pictures you have for your Fire Cultists is the same picture for the Air Cultists. Just FYI.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; September 30th, 2016 at 01:16 AM.
Old September 30th, 2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Cool project you've got going here.
Custom-wise, there are some figures that you could use to stand in for "official" C3V customs. For example, your ettin you could use for Grigor and Rogirg

I think a lot of those could work as ClassicScape proxies too, depending on what you have. The Air Cultists would make good Protectors of Ullar (minus flying) and the Bugbears could make Horned Skull Brutes and the Troglodytes could be Greenscale Warriors. Those are all common squads, so you would only be able to field one squad with one box it seems, but it could still work depending on how you like to play. Nymmestra seems like she could be any elf/eladrin wizard, depending on what you want. (Female/Fire mage version of Myrddin could be cool)
Wow these suggestions are awesome! exactly the kind of input I was looking for right off the bat! I had the same idea for the troglodytes but I didn't know what the lizard men were called.

When it comes to the squad VS hero thing Honestly I am really open to ideas. I was somewhat thinking that one cultist from each I would use as the 'Superior Cultist' card and have it be a common hero? and then have a squad of two cultist as one. I was thinking of something similar for the Gnolls, using your huntress as the hero.

I was thinking unique heros for the elementals but I was kind wanting to wait on C3G and base the other elementals off of what they did for air.
Thanks for the suggestions you definitely have my brain 'juices' flowing and I appreciate that.
Old September 30th, 2016, 02:53 PM

Re: D&D ToEE Full Box Customs - Need Help! - Updated 9/30

I like the idea of making the hobgoblins and doppelgangers goblins to help synergize with the idea of using the bugbears as the horned skull brutes.

Thinking about the http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31405 to use a pretty identical kit for the doppelgangers.

Spoiler Alert!

NAME = (FODDER GOBLINS) or (Doppelgoberins)
SPECIES = GOBLIN
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD (3)
CLASS = ????
PERSONALITY = SKITTISH
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 2

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 35

SCURRY

SCALE

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 16th, 2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old October 4th, 2016, 06:14 PM

NAME = Mutated Goblin Fighter
SPECIES = GOBLIN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON Hero
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = Merciless
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 45

Shoddy Armor
If Mutated Goblin Fighter has received a wound, subtract two from its defense.

Edit:
Added one life, to now being 3 (10/21/16)
Added one to move (10/21/16)

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 21st, 2016 at 08:35 PM. Reason: -changed to uncommon
Old October 4th, 2016, 06:18 PM

NAME = Gnroll Hunters
SPECIES = Wolf
UNIQUENESS = COMMON Squad (2)
CLASS = Hunter
PERSONALITY = Relentless
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 6

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 75

AMBUSH
When a Gnroll Hunter attacks a figure that does not have any Order Markers on its Army Card(s), that figure subtracts 2 from its defense dice.

WOLF PACK
After revealing an Order Marker on the Gnroll Hunters' card, before taking that turn with the Gnroll Hunters, you may choose one (other) Unique Wolf Army Card you control and take a turn with it. You may not attack with more figures from the chosen Army Card than the number of destroyed Gnroll Hunters on this card. You may only attack with up to 2 figures with Gnroll Hunters Wolf Pack special power.

Edit Log:
-Increased ATK/DEF to fit my idea for their power
-potentially altering Wolf Pack power to limit to original power design -> did add cap to wolf pack, and changed to common squad

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 21st, 2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old October 4th, 2016, 06:25 PM

NAME = Fire Lancers
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = COMMON squad
CLASS = Fire Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 65

Fire's Blessing
When a Fire Lancer attacks a figure, if that figure is on or adjacent to a Lava space, subtract 1 from the defending figure's defence.

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 16th, 2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old October 4th, 2016, 06:33 PM

NAME = Fire Lancer Warrior
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON Hero
CLASS = Fire Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4

LIFE = 2
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 70

Flaming Lance Special Attack
Attack: 4 Range: Special
Choose 3 spaces in a straight line from Fire Lancer Warrior. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Fire Lancer Warrior Flaming Lance Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. This attack will not affect figures on or across water or swamp spaces. This attack cannot be used if Fire Lancer Warrior is on a water, swamp, or ice space.

Fire's Blessing
When a Fire Lancer attacks a figure, if that figure is on or adjacent to a Lava space, subtract 1 from the defending figure's defense.

Edit Log:
-common to uncommon

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 16th, 2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old October 4th, 2016, 11:25 PM

Re: D&D ToEE Full Box Customs - Need Help! - Updated 10/4

NAME = Earth Mauler
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = COMMON Squad
CLASS = Earth Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 65

Earth's Blessing
When Earth Mauler attacks a figure that is on a Rock space subtract 1 from that figures defense.

Edit Log
-reduced movement by 1 to 5 to show they are bit heavier/ slower then the other cultist.

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 21st, 2016 at 08:40 PM. Reason: updated to actual tile, rock

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs