Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which of The Ruins of Valhalla maps is the best?!
Forsaken Cloister 3 7.50%
Arborshate's Pathway 1 2.50%
By a Common Barrier 0 0%
Ruined Pier 4 10.00%
The Great Wall of Valhalla 12 30.00%
Desecrated Mine 10 25.00%
Hephaestus 2 5.00%
Valda Keep 2 5.00%
Stalwart 3 7.50%
From the Ashes 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 12th, 2016, 09:19 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Building Contest: Ruins of Valhalla

Lol. I get it!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 12th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't have a virtualscape pdf of it yet, but here's a picture of my first entry at least, plus name and a little backstory:

The war of Valhalla has changed the face of the land. Castles fell, mountains entrenched, and plains became scarred with blood and smoke.

There once was a wellspring here, the wellspring that gave the kyrie Raknar his famous vision of the war and the death it would bring. When the wellspring was found all sides rushed to claim it, and a great battle ensued, at the peak of which ancient magic was invoked to crack the earth, and a volcanic eruption destroyed the warriors so eager to die for their cause. None survived the eruption, and the land was unapproachable for many years.

Time passed. The war waged on. Stories were told, and some were nearly forgotten.

Eventually the land cooled, and refugees from the war stumbled across it, unaware of its history. They took advantage of the landscape, hiding among it and slowly fortifying it, relying on the still-smoking land to keep enemies from venturing too close. For a time, they lived in peace.

But not all stories are forgotten. And rumor spread that a wellspring long-forgotten was reemerging. So, naturally, the call to war was sounded once again.

From the Ashes

RotV x1, FotA x1, VW x1

I'll upload the pdf soonish. I'm working on my second map currently and will upload both at the same time. (I have a mac, so will have to perform shenanigans and only want to do it once.)

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; September 13th, 2016 at 01:16 AM.
Old September 13th, 2016, 02:12 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Looks great! Thank you for the submission! And as always...thank you for the backstory...very cool!

EDIT: Just read your backstory @Dad_Scaper ! haha...very good...quite spooky too, gave me the chills

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; September 13th, 2016 at 02:37 AM.
Old September 13th, 2016, 10:26 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks great @BiggaBullfrog , I'm going to stop being lame soon and try out some of these maps.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 13th, 2016, 05:56 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I don't think I will get an entry in...
Changed my mind; mainly because dignan called me out and I did finally get some inspiration:

DESECRATED MINE!!

Quote:
DESECRATED MINE

Only the fossilized remains of a once mighty Hive are left to mark Utgar’s subterranean attack. The Hive was unleashed through a underground breach powering forth into the Draven Mines and Dungeons leaving behind only death and destruction. The attack left the mines unstable for any further excavation and compromised the dwarven stronghold leaving it in ruins.

Construction NOTES!!

Requires SotM, RttFF, and BftU
  • Place the actual hive on the map before constructing levels 3 and 4.
  • The 4 swamp water locations on level 1 that are NOT next to the Hive
    should be double stacked for map support.

Standard tournament play
  • 400-600 pts, 24 hex starts zones.
  • Optional Treasure glyph locations marked with Glyph of Brandar.
  • Suggested Trap: Unstable mine - on a roll of 1-5, all figures on a road space roll for wound using combat die.
  • Random power glyphs locations on the edge of the map.

3 Player Scenario - Dark Hive Rises

One player plays the Hive on the map the other 2 players are on a team fighting against the Hive player.
  • The Hive player starts with 4 sets of Drones and 4 sets of Stingers. (You can mix and match but that is the recommended set up.)
  • All spaces adjacent to the Hive and Level 4 Dungeon tiles are valid start locations for the Hive player. There will be 6 figures in reserve, the Hive player’s choice
  • The Hive player can bring in reserve units through Marro Rebirth beyond what is allowed using initial set up.
  • When rolling defense for the Hive, add 1 die for each unit the Hive player controls that is adjacent to the Hive.
  • When rolling for Initiative, the Hive player adds 1 to the D20 roll for each unit they control that is adjacent to the Hive.
  • When Rolling the D20 for Marro Rebirth, the Hive player adds 1 to the D20 roll for each unit they control that is adjacent to the Hive.
  • At the end of each round the Hive player may roll for Marro Rebirth.

The other 2 players are on a Team and share up to 600 Pts of Units. However, start zones are not shared. The team players use the start zones for standard tournament play.

Victory Conditions
  • If either of the Team players are eliminated, the Hive player wins the game.
  • If the Hive player is not eliminated by the end of the 5th round, the game is over and the Hive player wins.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; September 15th, 2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: changed the win conditions for the 3 player scenario
Old September 13th, 2016, 08:13 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like your scenario, R˙chean.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 13th, 2016, 10:47 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Thank you.

Admittedly, I didn't get as much testing in on it as I would have liked and it is very hard for the Hive to win even with all the bonuses and extra rolls. 2v1 is just brutal. I may tweak it some more. I was just trying to create a scenario that would represent the back story of the map.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 14th, 2016, 02:15 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Very cool @R˙chean . Love the backstory. I really think it does help bring the maps alive and provide a good context to what you were thinking when developing the map.

P.S. For those who have added backstories, I'm working on the OM custom paint design, and it's turning out pretty sweet...so stay tuned...I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done a set.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 15th, 2016, 02:38 PM

*Just a reminder to those still out there finishing your maps...just 5 days left to get them in. Specifically, I believe @TheSparkleInYourWater , @GeneralRolando , @Tornado , @BiggaBullfrog @capsocrates still have submissions to make...so we look forward to those...but anyone else out there still on the fence or working on it...we'd love to see what you've got to contribute*

Sir Heroscape's Content

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; September 16th, 2016 at 02:24 PM.
Old September 16th, 2016, 03:07 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Second entry added to my post on page 3.
Old September 16th, 2016, 07:33 AM

Another Great submission...thank you!

The post is actually page 4...or just look at his post here.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 16th, 2016, 09:36 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The top ten just became a big deal!

1. Colorcrayons -- Ragnarok
2. GeneralRolando -- Shattered Temple
3. Robber -- Derelict Ramparts
4. Master4sword -- Valda Keep
5. Yodaking -- Castle Bellosk
6. Necroblade -- Thalenk III
7. Dignan -- Stalwart
8. Dad-Scaper -- Ruined Pier
9. All Your Pie -- Forsaken Cloister
10. Sherman Davies -- Grigor's Grove & Rogirg's Retreat