Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17th, 2021, 12:01 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 2021 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 11/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Just finished the game

Muskie: Nhah Scirh Cultistsx4, Greenscale Warriors x1, Kalagrith
mtl1998 : Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Caylus, Corvor, Kaemon Awa

Spoiler Alert!

Comments on the play test Heroes

Kalagrith - this is my first time playing her. I really like the dynamic, but to use her early has a high chance of killing your own and the 3 defense for end game is dicey (I should have died but got very lucky). I don't think the stats should change, but maybe 10 points less? I scorched earth 3 times, killing a one life Covor and putting two wounds on Kaemon. I could not risk it earlier because squads can quickly kill her after one attack (then tie her up to finish her off). I see her as an endgame dragon or against specialty armies like mezzo demons. I would also consider single base like Moltenclaw. for the extra 10 points, I would take Moltenclaw. The fact that Kalagrith must land within range of its prey and cannot land on height very often (double base really hinders that) makes her a touch too expensive. Also, if you are protecting her, you probably will have to fly over your screen, risking their lives as well. A fun Dragon that is very different, but I think needs some very minor tweaking.
It's interesting to me that Muskie sees Kalagrith as and endgame figure. I brought a Kalagrith army with several more greenscales and did not think to save them until the endgame. I played my army once and had it played against me once. Both times I was underwhelmed by Kalagrith. I think Muskie played it better than I did, or maybe the army Muskie brought leads to a play style that saves Kalagrith for the endgame. I have no problem with any of the stats or powers. 7 life is a lot but not automatically bad in my opinion. I think Kalagrith definitely looks better when saved for the end of the game.
Quote:
Caylus - The extra movement and attack die makes him a big help to the Acolytes ( really makes them a playable army). With the life lowered by 1, he is easier to take out since he has to step out and engage unless you want to lose a round of attack. I would like to see a short range instead of range 1. I never saw enfeeblement, so that might completely change my mind. Just was not part of our game. Maybe move some acolytes without them attacking (I think we have some characters that do that).
I really love the design of Caylus. Round 2 I had to choose between putting OM 1 on him in order to make the last two OMs of acolytes more powerful or putting all 3 on acolytes and start the round by attacking with 3 attack acolytes. This was a fun and strategic decision I had to make. I think 4 life is fine. Most of the time he'll be behind the squads he's granting a movement bonus to. Like Muskie said, there was no real chance at using enfeeblement so Caylus might have been less valuable this game, but still, he was good and helped my army out a lot at key moments. If people are thinking Caylus is too powerful, I could see his movement bonus being brought down to +1 instead of +2. But I think he's fine as is.
Quote:
I look forward to both of these as part of our official game! I offer minor tweak thought, but overall great work with some cool ideas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting