Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 23rd, 2016, 08:59 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Rumble in the Burg TOURNAMENT!

RUMBLE IN THE BURG TOURNAMENT

It's tournament time again! We're calling all Heroscapers from eastern/southern Idaho and Utah to come and enjoy in the mayhem.

The Format:
540 point armies; 24 hexes; 60min clock; 4 rounds (maybe 5 depending on how many show up) Wandering Monster Gamestyle

House Rules Apply: yes to C3V/SoV and HoSS, no marvel.
This is a Swiss System tournament with game style: Wandering Monster. This means that on each map, there will be placed - in the center - a neutral, wandering monster. No one player owns the monster, but either may place one or more order markers on the monster. This allows a player to use the figure to their advantage or to kill it for points. A win is a win, but when losing players count points for figures killed, if they have killed the wandering monster, they will get those points.

When: Saturday June 11th, 2016, show up 1:30pm, get checked in/setup: roll dice @2:00pm.

Where: Gamepulse
store in Rexburg, Idaho.
52 E Main St, Rexburg, ID 83440

How Much: $5. All of it will go toward the prize as store credit. There will also be a prize table, so feel free to bring any Heroscope or non-Heroscape prizes for people to enjoy.

Food: Feel free to bring something to share!
Parking: Plenty of street parking.

Materials: For those who are not Heroscape enthusiasts, or simply do not have a collection of their own…pre-made 540pt armies (and order markers etc) will be constructed, and you will be allowed to use them for the tournament. You may select them on a first come first serve basis.

Start signing up and let us know if you have any questions!

Wandering Monsters and their respective maps
Remains of Cilonesia - Gurei-Oni
Mole Hills - Runa
Arctic Divide - Ice Troll Beserker
Marr Highway - Kee-Mo-shi
Fire Isles - Iron Golem
Sirocco - Cxurg'gyath
Elswin Plateau - Wyvern
Badru Valley - Retiarus
Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh - Feral Troll
Flash Fire - Kumiko
Maps
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees
1. adoney +7 +1 (maybe)
2. podunksarmy +1
3. dreamscaper
4. Tiranx +6
5. dart48
6. TREX +1
7. Scaperdude (maybe)
8. wjscaper +1

Total = 19 + 9 Maybes

Prize Table
1. Money pot ~ $95
Spoiler Alert!

2. Volcarren Wasteland X2 (custom sets) ~ donated by Sir Heroscape
Spoiler Alert!

3. Heroscape Terrain Tiles ~ donated by Jedidiah
Spoiler Alert!

4. Bramcephys (C3V Hero) ~ donated by Tiranx
Spoiler Alert!

5. Custom Dice Tower ~ donated by dreamscaper

6. $5-$10 worth of Heroclix figures ~ Donated by GamePulse Store owner
Spoiler Alert!

7. Road to the Forgotten Forest (and loose terrain) Expansion set ~ donated by Chilling Touch
Spoiler Alert!

8. C3V heroes ~ donated by podunksarmy

9. Marvel set Walls ~ donated by Sir Heroscape
Spoiler Alert!

10. Ticalla Jungle ~ donated by Sir Heroscape
Spoiler Alert!

11. Dund Prize ~ donated by TREX
12. HOSS Prize ~ donated by TREX
13. Shaolin Monks X1 (X2?) ~ donated by Dart48

Past Tournaments
Tournament Feb. 2016
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; June 9th, 2016 at 03:47 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2016, 11:03 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Rumble in the Burg!

Currently I am coming (I better since I'm helping to run it!), and I have one other. So, confirmed is

Tiranx +4
adoney +9

Maybes 5

I will update this to reflect future RSVPs.

Last edited by Tiranx; February 1st, 2016 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Updated numbers
Old January 25th, 2016, 11:19 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just had a surge in RSVPs. Lots of people coming out of the wood works that play Heroscape in Rexburg.
Old January 27th, 2016, 06:30 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

adoney +9 The Heroscapers are flocking! Everybody join in!
Maybe +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Just had a surge in RSVPs. Lots of people coming out of the wood works that play Heroscape in Rexburg.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 27th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Rumble in the Burg TOURNAMENT!

That's the way it should work, gentlemen. If you build it, they will come.

Congrats and I'm sure it will be excellent.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 1st, 2016, 11:33 AM

Just received another RSVP last night. Updating the attendance counts.
Old February 14th, 2016, 08:29 PM

Holy smokes, that was a successful event. We ended up having 13 come and sign up. Then three more showed up later just to play. Can't wait for adoney to get stuff posted up.

C3V made a good showing last night. Siiv was part of the winning army and the Cathars took third. Ulfrid Hornwrangler actually "wrangled" himself into a Roman build as well.

My Cathars were dismantled by the second place army, Sacred Band X3, Valguard, and Parmenio. That was an incredibly strong build. Fun to see them dominate in this format! I will wait for adoney to post all the results before I reveal more though. Thanks to all who participated.
Old February 19th, 2016, 06:28 AM

Amen @Tiranx ! Quite an exciting turnout! (read all the way through post, video at the bottom)

C3V did show up to play...almost too well Tiranx - still bitter about that loss :P

There were a lot of strong army builds. The top 5 placers were...

1st - Mandy (Tyrel's wife) 4-0
Ashra X3, Kaemon Awa, Siiv (C3V), Eldgrim

2nd - Aaron (my brother) 3-1
Knights X2, Sir Denrik, Alastair

3rd - Tiranx 3-1
Cathar Spearman X3, Count Raymond, Hoplitron

4th - Andre 3-1
Nerak, Grimnak, Tornak, Blade Gruts X2

5th - Jacob 3-1
Valguard, Parmenio, Sacred Band X3

All played extremely well. And yes, you may notice I didn't even place. I ended 2-2, and truthfully they were down to the wire games. My brother beat me (terrible I know) after I made some poor disengagement risks with his knights (but even still it came down to our last 2 figures). Then of course, Tiranx stole a win by his d20 rolls, skewering my units with the Cathar's braced spear, and that just did me in in the long run. Regardless, all the games were super fun and the placement games were all very close.

Brief Overview
Mandy. Handled her opponents with ease using the Ashra's one-block adjacent defense...but almost lost the title when she had record setting blank rolls for defense.

Aaron. Close games with his opponents, but always ended on top.

Tiranx. Enjoyed making headway in the tournament until getting rocked by the Sacred Band army.

Andre. Cleaned house on all his opponents except for his first game when it was called to time and that fateful final turn tipped the scale in his opponents favor for points.

Jacob. Handily dispatched of his foes until the title game when he couldn't quite pull out the win against Kaemon Awa.

And here is a video I compiled from the tournament content. Enjoy! It'll get you itchin' to get back out there and play some Heroscape!

Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 19th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That video is the best thing I've seen on this site in a while.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 19th, 2016, 01:09 PM

I have to agree with Dad-Scaper. Nice work Ammon. You have definitely brought me back to Heroscape and this forum. Thanks man.
Old February 19th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You used Dignan's maps, but what were the other 2 in the video?
The swamp/jungle & the lava/rock outcrop maps.
Are they uploaded somewhere? They look nice.
Old February 19th, 2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
You used Dignan's maps, but what were the other 2 in the video?
The swamp/jungle & the lava/rock outcrop maps.
Are they uploaded somewhere? They look nice.
@TheSparkleInYourWater -- adoney designed them. He made them on vitualscape and has the file for them. Just send him a PM. He checks it regularly.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events