Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 5th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Sparkle's maps ~ 9/20/16 Update ~ The Great Wall

Updated 9/20/16 - Ruins of The Great Wall of Valhalla - New Map! & Updated Mohican River (long time coming)

Ruins of The Great Wall of Valhalla
Requirements: 1 RoTV, 1 FoTA, 1 RtTFF
Glyphs: Suggestions in build instructions

Dzu-Teh Drive-By
Requirements: 1 RoTV, 2 Tundras, 2 RttFF
Glyphs: 2 power glyphs

Slurm!
Requirements: 2 SoTM, 2 TJ
Glyphs: 2 power glyphs

Shadows Over Bleakewoode
Requirements: 1 SoTM, 1 BftU, 3 RttFF (trees only)
Glyph: 1 power glyph. Recommended Wannok.

Night of The Shackled Soul
Requirements: 1 SoTM, 1 BftU, 3 RttFF (trees only)
Glyphs: 2 Treasure glyphs.

Yin-Yang Island
Requirements: 1 RoTV, 1 MtCB, 2 TJ, and probably some extra pieces.
I really like this one for team games, just add more spaces to the startzones if needed.
Note: The 4 treasure glyphs were later changed to 2 and locations moved, I will update the build instructions at some point.

Destruction Site
Created for a 'Build a Competitive Map using the Marvel set' contest.
The map tries to allow all units to compete, but it's still probably best for super hero games.

Sarlacc Pit
Created for a HoSS map competition.
Uses a few special rules.

Where The Doggin Play This is my map for Ry's Gen-con Map contest.
1 RoTV 1 FoTA. Added 5/14/2011

Hives In A Basket. Added 5/14/11

Over The Hills added 5/14/11

Over The Hills of Hot Lava Death. Added 5/14/11

The Mohican River
Requirements: 1 RoTV, 1RTTFF
Glyphs: Treasures or Power glyphs.
Worth checking this one out, it's been a favorite of mine for years.

Burning Forge
Requirements: 1 RoTV, 1 VW.
The pit traps protect the highest places on the map from being accessed without leaving a buddy sitting on lava field. Figures must also cross over lava field to reach the center in most cases. I plan to revisit this map and tweak this so it's not so gimmicky.

Witherwood- Uses 1 RoTV, 2 RTTFF (trees only), 1 TJ.
Placing a glyph on the middle sand space is optional.
I'd like to revisit this map, I think it could be a pretty solid map.

Repulsive Omnicrons-
Requirements: 1 RoTV and 2 TT.
I thought this map played well, but I think it could use a rework in the center.

Migol's Toilet- (Features a 4 space drop on the top level down to water on the first. I named it after Migol's tomb and in celebration of wave 9's Migol Ironwill. I also figured Migol might take a dump off the top of the thing into the water below. Uses 1 RoTV and 1 FoTA.)

Burning Love
Requirements: 1 Sotm and 1 VW
This is a really old map of mine, it has some problems, but I think I'll rework it at some point, as it has some potential.

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; September 21st, 2016 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Updated 4/22/15. 4 new maps.
Old October 5th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Burning Love Map

Well, welcome to the map threads. First, read longscaper's article here, it gives a good step by step instruction on how to get your map thread going.

Secondly, I've seen you map and I'm looking at it right now and my first concern is the size. I say this for two reasons:

1) It would make for very, very quick games. There's nothing wrong with this for tournament play (which was why this map thread was started), but I tend to like slightly drawn out games so that's all personal preference.

2) Zelrig can Majestic fire just about anyone in the start zone on OM 1. I know this may be because I'm slightly paranoid, but I know that if I saw this map on the tournament list for maps I would have Zelrig ready to go.

Finally, Burning Love is a very nice map to look at. I'm just slightly concerned.

Welcome to the map thread and I'm sorry if this seems harsh. I'll get a game or two on it and let you know though (eventually, depends on school and work). Keep up the work.
Old October 6th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got the image for you:

I definitely like it. I am unsure of the glyphs however, as astrid is always strong and four on a map might just be overkill, especially when you take the map size into consideration.
Old October 6th, 2008, 08:35 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

From the BoV thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Hey, I looked at burning love, and I decided to play it myself. I can't really give you a good rundown of how the map works, since the game finished in two rounds.
Q9, 2 Microcorp, Skahen Vs. 2 10th Reg, Isamu, Onatashi, Marcu, Krug

It played so fast that the initiative and wanok glyphs both were used one time. The attack and defence glyphs seem positioned well, but the defence maybe be positioned too high. The microcorp on the glyph was blocking with 5 defence from height, and he couldn't be removed. Other than that, it plays pretty well. The lava gives it a distinct flow, but there are a bunch of flows. Starting zone placement is crucial on this map, and that's all I can say.

I'll try to play it more tomorrow.
Okay, what happened with the two round game. Q9 moved out through patches of water, but was slowed a lot by the lava. This gave 10th Foot time to move, but Q9 was able to find a hidey hole. The lava in some spots( particualry the two hex lava that is flanked by water) creates a bunker affect. Q9 hid behind that and mowed down a lot.

After that, a severely ticked Krug killed Q9 and a few Microcorp, but the damage was done. It was clean up for the vydar player at that point. I would suggest breaking up that lava two space, as it makes the area too protected. Also, I'm not sure if It's a typo, but the Defence glyph is on height, and unsymmetrical to the other side. You have the pieces to make it symmetrical, but you must have clicked wrong.

Other than that, I love the look of the mixed lava and waters. It's very cool looking.
Old October 6th, 2008, 06:26 PM

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I feel a little bad for nominating this map for BoV before letting everyone have an opinion on it. It didn't even think to do it. I've had this map built for some time and just wanted to get it on here. Next time I'll do it right, this was my first.

Einars Puppy, by my count you had a 500pts. versus 310pts. Is that right? That must have helped with the game being so short.

The defense glyph being up 1 level isn't a mistake. I decided to do that in the end, because I didn't feel it was a valuable as Astrid glyph.

I know Zelrig can get a shot on OM 1 and I've played two games on this map that involved him. The first he didn't come out until round 2, on the other he moved, but could only target unique heroes in my front line. They easily survived and I was able to engage him on my first move.

The map is very small, but in a lot of games I played me and my opponents armies ended with several figs on the left and right of the Hive, outside our start zones. From that point it's like another walk around adding a bit of break between the players onslaught.

Thanks, for the input. I'd like to hear more battle reports.
Old October 8th, 2008, 06:43 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Responses: AE dropped, but were useless so I didn't mention them. And I meant 3 10th reg.

More playing has been done. I'm going to list positives first, and I'll try and keep it brief

Positives:
  1. The lava heights make getting height risky, which keeps ranged units on their toes.
  2. The lava patches near the glyphs are excellent for keeping the enemy away. The attack's low ground is great, unfortunately...*see section 2 on negatives*
  3. The Hive makes a great block of los where it is. It's not over powering, but it does it's job
  4. Starting zones are separated just enough so the player against Zelrig has a chance of fleeing.
Negatives:
  1. The molten lava makes multiple areas untouchable, which really ups the power of ranged units. Not to mention figure maneuvering at the beginning is tedious because of it.
  2. *see section 2 on positives* this also makes the defence glyph neigh unassailable. The height, plus the power of the glyph do enough. The lava keeping melee units from taking this glyph over powers it.
  3. The sand height does not get used due to the low swamp near it.
  4. Wound and initiative glyphs do not play an important role in this map. The middle is no man's land.
  5. It's a little boring. A good map yes, but not one I would like to play a lot. It lacks the sheer fun Flash Fire, Fire Isles, Ember Canyon road, Mole hills, or ruins of pine tree marsh has
If I was a BoV judge, I'd give it a no.
Just to be clear, when I say boring, I don't mean it's not fun to play, I just mean it's not at the same level as the BoV ones. It's still a good map, but not a great one.
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:58 PM

Hello, I just added The Towering Inferno. I remembered I had a map thread with a single map in it. I thought this one was a lot cooler and they both took the same requirements so I took the time to post it.

I haven't gotten a chance to play on this map yet, but I was planning on using the defense glyph +1 and the initiative glyph the second game.

Maybe someone can beat me to it and let me know how the map is.

Edit: I played this map now but I got dominated so the way the map played didn't really matter. The beginning was close however and that part proved interesting.

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; May 11th, 2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old July 20th, 2009, 11:17 PM

Re: Sparkle's Maps WAVE 9 maps up. 07/20/09

Needed to bump this. Just added 7 new maps in the last couple days. They're all named after Wave 9 figures, and every wave 9 figure has a map (Migol has two for some reason).
I worked pretty hard on building, but mainly rebuilding them on virtualscape and uploading them; I've been having mouse trouble (the computer kind) and it made things a little more difficult than they should of been. So any feedback is welcomed, tell me your favorite wave 9 map, and I'd also like to hear your most hated of the bunch.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; August 2nd, 2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 05:44 PM

Re: Sparkle's Maps WAVE 9 maps up. 07/20/09

Changed 3 of the maps.

I played a few games on Burning Forge and decided it wasn't very exciting. With a few modifications I think it now looks better and plays better as well.

I changed quite a bit on More Marro and really like the way it looks now.

I also completely rebuilt Behind The Ninja Wall.

The whole set seems very well rounded now. My approval for download, they are all fun.
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:15 PM

Lo Pan is surprisingly tart
Re: Sparkle's W9 maps and Crossroads 08/06/09

The road maps look pretty good, especially Get Up Off That Road. Everybody would be scrambling out of the start zones to get height with the road, and later people would be going up on the hills to get above the road.

I like it better than the other two road maps because of the glyphs. On Xambush and Beat Me At The Crossroads, the glyphs seem too difficult to get to for my liking.

Keep up the good work

You never could beat me, Egg Shen.
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:09 PM

Re: Sparkle's W9 maps and Crossroads 08/06/09

Just added 5 new maps, including my 1st (and probably only) gen-con RotV/FoTA entry- Where The Doggin Play.

I think all 5 maps I uploaded tonight 5/14/11 are fun. The ones without set requirements are because I was just using random pieces I had laying out.

Older maps that I'd reccomend are..
Mohican River
Burning Forge
Repulsive Omnicrons
Witherwood
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:55 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sparkle's maps. 5/14/11 Update.

Sparkle,

I thought that "Doggin" was a great map. I liked the central "play area" that the map was centered around. The uncapped wall seemed to serve their designated function of LOS blocking and cordoning off areas of combat. I also couldn't see any evidence of two pet peeves of mine, unsupported/unstable walls and "gaps" in the architecture.

The map seemed to be clearly designed to funnel the action to the center of the map, but the center seemed a little too constrictive for that purpose. It seemed to me that the uncapped fortress walls WITH the battlements and water was too much. I think the walls around the center would have been a better setup with (4) 3x walls instead of (2) 3x walls and (4) 2x walls to reduce congestion getting in and out. Also- the walls outside the "annulus" I think were too constrictive- either reduce them or eliminate them. Cleverly placed units there could easily prevent any flanking maneuver at little cost and risk to that player. I also think that the road pieces you have scattered about for elevation would be better served as a continuous "avenue" of sorts to assist units getting into the thick of things. One of the major assets a FOTA map brings is the abundance of road/wallwalk tiles that can whisk melee figures into the thick of things while simultaneously shielding them from range.

As I mentioned before, I liked the map and thought for sure that your map was the one that would give my little Mausoleum underdog a run for its money. Thanks for posting!

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios