Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
I would like to nominate qt.bangerange's Wraith of Bleakwoode.
I said here, more than one year ago, that I like it.

Some questions and remarks that I hope will help the Wraith go through the SoV process.

1) What happens if several Shades of Bleakewoode are attacked simulaneously (Fire Line, Explosion, ...) ?
Do you roll the 20-sided die once for all, or once for each Shade ?

2) What does exactly mean "a Shade of Bleakwoode may only be summoned if there is an unoccupied space adjacent to Wraith of Bleakwoode" ?
Do you still roll the 20-sided die and if you roll 13 or higher the Shade of Bleakwoode is safe, but cannot be summoned adjacent to the Wraith ?
Or is it forbidden to roll the 20-sided die ?

I suggest this wording:
Quote:
SHADE SUMMONING
When one or more Shades of Bleakwoode you control are attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, one at a time for each Shade of Bleakwoode you control affected by the attack, if there is an unoccupied space adjacent to Wraith of Bleakwoode, you may roll the 20-sided die.
If you roll 1-12, roll defense dice normally.
If you roll 13 or higher, the Shade of Bleakwoode takes no damage and must be immediatly placed on an unoccupied space adjacent to Wraith of Bleakwoode.
A Shade of Bleakwoode never takes leaving engagement attacks when using Shade Summoning.
3) Just a note: the power says that a Shade of Bleakwoode can be placed on an "unoccupied space".
"unocupied space" is used in only 2 powers: Glacier Traverse (Dzu-Teh) and Mage Hand (Heirloom), and is different from the much more usual "empty space".
A Glyph can be on an "unocupied space" but not on an "empty space", it's explained here.

Last edited by dalu; June 22nd, 2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:08 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I like this idea for improving the Shades longevity. I vote YES to review qt.bangerang's Wraith of Bleakwoode.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Wrath of Bleakewoode

-insert signature here-
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:36 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I vote to review the Wrath of Bleakewoode. Dalu brings up some good point though.
Old June 25th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

My viewpoints:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
1) What happens if several Shades of Bleakewoode are attacked simulaneously (Fire Line, Explosion, ...) ?
I don't see this as a new problem. Multiple Vanish powers could happen simultaneously due to an explosion attack. Which one resolves first would come to a die roll, and I suppose this situation would as well.

Quote:
2) What does exactly mean "a Shade of Bleakwoode may only be summoned if there is an unoccupied space adjacent to Wraith of Bleakwoode" ?
Do you still roll the 20-sided die and if you roll 13 or higher the Shade of Bleakwoode is safe, but cannot be summoned adjacent to the Wraith ?
Or is it forbidden to roll the 20-sided die ?
It isn't wording I particularly like, but it is the same on powers like Isamu's Vanish. The interpretation of this standard wording is that the entire power cannot happen unless the condition is met.

Quote:
3) Just a note: the power says that a Shade of Bleakwoode can be placed on an "unoccupied space".
"unocupied space" is used in only 2 powers: Glacier Traverse (Dzu-Teh) and Mage Hand (Heirloom), and is different from the much more usual "empty space".
A Glyph can be on an "unocupied space" but not on an "empty space", it's explained here.
I would prefer "empty" be used here, but it's not a deal-breaker for me.
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I only care that some of you, and you know who you are, start to remember the difference between "Wraith" and "Wrath."

One looks like this:

and one looks like this:

Now keep 'em straight!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Old June 26th, 2012, 07:27 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
I don't see this as a new problem. Multiple Vanish powers could happen simultaneously due to an explosion attack. Which one resolves first would come to a die roll, and I suppose this situation would as well.
The only way to trigger multiple Vanish-like powers is to hit simultaneously several Isamu, from different players, with the same special Attack. Each Isamu would use its own Vanish power on its own Army Card.
(Multiple Disappearing Ninja, Scatter or Scurry are not possible, because they only trigger on Normal Attacks, which never have multiple targets)

So you think that it's clear enough that there would be one 20-sided die roll per Shade of Bleakewoode, to try to summon them one at a time ?
Each Shade, one at a time, would trigger the "Shade Summoning" power on the Wraith Army Card.

Seems logical to me.
If needed, a simple FAQ could solve this.
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:28 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So you think that it's clear enough that there would be one 20-sided die roll per Shade of Bleakewoode, to try to summon them one at a time ?
Each Shade, one at a time, would trigger the "Shade Summoning" power on the Wraith Army Card.
Yes, that is how I interpret it. It may require a roll-off to see which Shade rolls for summoning first, though normally I would just allow the player to choose the order.
Old June 29th, 2012, 03:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Shouldn't they be summoned in the order that they roll defense dice? In cases like Fire Line, that seems to make the most thematic sense, so you could add a "before rolling defense dice for that Shade of Bleakewoode" phrase that clarified the order (attacker chooses, in most cases).
Old June 29th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Shouldn't they be summoned in the order that they roll defense dice?
Technically, no. They are all affected by the attack, which means they are all simultaneously affected. The fact that they roll defense dice one at a time is a function of rolling defense dice phase, not a feature of the attack itself.

I would probably play that way, though, since I don't think it actually matters.
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:43 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

So what happens if a Shade is in Mimring's Fire Line, which targets spaces rather than figures, and is summoned to a space also in the Fire Line? Does it have to roll defense dice anyway?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs