Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 26th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Shopping for SoV/C3V minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
$430? For how many minis?
That sounds ridiculous.
I concur. I was tempted to ask where the decimal point would be in the "430'" but assumed that it was probably just a typo for $4.30 at a thrift store or maybe $43.00. I could not conceive of any one, even a devout HeroScaper fanatic, spending FOUR HUNDRED and thirty US dollars on a single unit. O.M.G. that's more than my car payment and a month's rent money for a lot of people.

"BRAVO!" to you both for being willing to go to that extent to complete your collections. I consider my own collection in the "HUGE" range, but I have had to be content with several proxies and also a few elusive unattainables... i.e. the Rams.
I have to sympathize with the buyer here. Quite apart from the completionist's drive to get every miniature, the minis in the Ram Army Box are, in a word, beautiful. I've never been so upset over a miniature as the time I lost one of my Thrall figures (Skeletons of Annellintia).
Old November 26th, 2016, 09:48 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
That sounds ridiculous.
I believe the Ram Box supplies 20-30 minis C3V uses, not counting those really fragile winged things we decided not to do anything with.
Old November 27th, 2016, 02:21 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
That sounds ridiculous.
I concur. I was tempted to ask where the decimal point would be in the "430'" but assumed that it was probably just a typo for $4.30 at a thrift store or maybe $43.00. I could not conceive of any one, even a devout HeroScaper fanatic, spending FOUR HUNDRED and thirty US dollars on a single unit. O.M.G. that's more than my car payment and a month's rent money for a lot of people.

"BRAVO!" to you both for being willing to go to that extent to complete your collections. I consider my own collection in the "HUGE" range, but I have had to be content with several proxies and also a few elusive unattainables... i.e. the Rams.
43 is quite a bit cheaper than a lot of decent supply official heroscape boxes of two squads lol. The Ram box provides 4 uncommons, a unique hero and squad, and 4 common squads, (and some gargoyles) all of which look incredible. I certainly wasn't happy to have to spend that much, but as a completionist it wasn't really a question, especially given the RAM box has some of the most attractive of the customs the community has made.

After spending the immense amount it takes to get 3-4 of each common unit, and the various expensive sets such as aquilla's alliance, and all the custom units, as a final hurdle to a complete collection it really wasnt that insane by comparison, and my OCD would have ate at me if I never got them or used proxies.

Fortunately I am good with money and almost never splurge, with scape being the one exception evidently.

Last edited by chaoserver; November 27th, 2016 at 05:32 AM.
Old November 27th, 2016, 04:03 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The Ram Army Box comes with at least 25 figures.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 27th, 2016, 10:38 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

One of my biggest regrets is not buying a second Aquilla's Alliance set when I had the chance ... "back in the day" (~~~lol~~~)

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old March 11th, 2017, 02:32 AM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

Does anybody know where to find the mini for Kira Jax?

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old March 11th, 2017, 10:02 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Check out links in my Heroscape C3V & SoV spreadsheet, but I am not seeing any other than eBay. However, from the C3V & SoV Alternate Figures thread, here are some good proxies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Here's my take on Kira Jax:

The Figure used is Daisy Fitzroy - 004
She looks like a leader, especially when she's standing next to my ragtag buch of Maeridians lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorisette View Post
It's been said before...

Kira Jax
Alternate Figure: Anya Stroud - Gears of War HeroClix #005

It seems like a good fit. Readily available. Inexpensive. And I can even provide these...

Card Front:

Card Back:
Old March 11th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin The Critic View Post
Typically hard to find. I do see one on eBay right now for just under $14 shipped.

I'm using a proxy, Anya Stroud from the Gears of War HeroClix line. I see at least 3 on eBay for under $10 shipped.

Stroud is also available from CoolStuffInc for $4.49 plus 99 cent shipping. The figure is cheaper on Troll and Toad, but the shipping would be more.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 11th, 2017, 01:46 PM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

Thanks everyone I love Venoc Warlord and the Mohican River Tribe and the only other Sov/C3V figures I own are the M43 and the B11 so Kira Jax was my most wanted figure and have no problem spending $5.15 on the Anya Stroud mini from Cool Stuff Inc after my rewards discount. It is a lot cheaper then buying the official units I want like the spiders or repulsers. I am very much looking forward to a potential Heroscape match with some old High School buddies next month and would love to show off new 'Scape.

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old March 12th, 2017, 11:52 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin The Critic View Post

Wow... both the Daisy Fitzroy and Anya Stroud figures look really cool as suitable proxies. This post reminded me that "back-in-the-days" when Kira Jax was originally published I went on a search for the figure and discovered that they were going for between $20.oo and $30.oo each, OUCH!

So I decided to settle for a Silver Sable HeroClix mini as a proxy without attempting to change the Stat Card. Other HeroClix characters that I considered are: Abby Chase, Sharon Carter, and Aphrodite.

Sorry I don't have any picture to share, but I think you get the idea that with an open mind practically any model you choose to use with the appropriate card is workable. The wonderful thing about HeroScape is that being "The Battle of All Time," it enables everyone to create scenarios that utilize ALL of the toys that they can find and imagine abilities for or substitute available figures for existing Stat Cards.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old April 25th, 2017, 01:02 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Does anyone have good proxies for the Skull Demon and Morgoloth? The ram army box seems to have disappeared.
Old April 25th, 2017, 02:16 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Does anyone have good proxies for the Skull Demon and Morgoloth? The ram army box seems to have disappeared.
The Pathfinder "Horned Demon" is really cool and in good scale with Heroscape/Deathknights. Typically $5-6 on eBay. There was also a promo release in dark red that is pretty cool. Get one of each since they are Uncommon Heroes to help with tracking : )

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs