Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 12th, 2016, 08:52 PM

Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker
Re: C3V Public Announcements

Maybe if there is an amount of interest, someone could make a recommendation for a website company who could produce custom dice.

Old February 14th, 2016, 11:36 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I see no problem with having the text refer to a symbol that is not actually on the dice. I run Ornak quite a bit and don't have his dice, but I understand that blanks are the symbol referred to in the text.

I am sure someone will make some awesome dice with a Valkril symbol on them. However, they are not really needed.
Old February 15th, 2016, 01:03 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I would just find some place that makes sticker decals (opaque, not transparent). You could then just put them over any dice (even standard 1-6 pip dice), Probably could get a sheet of decals that fit symbols for 20+ dice on each page, and each page could be made for under $2 each if someone placed an order for say 100 at a time and sold on the site individually.

Maybe we should have a separate thread just on ideas for Valkrill & Aquilla dice for C3V flag-bearers.
Old February 15th, 2016, 03:04 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
Maybe if there is an amount of interest, someone could make a recommendation for a website company who could produce custom dice.
Here's a site you can upload images (using the skull and defense vectors here in the download section), and then just design or find an image of a Valkrill symbol and upload that as well. Getting a full set of 12 is about $20 (fair for a custom set of dice), but if someone is looking to buy in bulk and resell, it's got that option as well. If someone is down for that, it's not a bad idea.

This site has higher quality custom dice...they specifically say they engrave the images, which is nice and longer lasting. Downside is they don't give a price range, and bulk buys you're not sure of the price either, so you'd have to contact them to get a quote on building a custom design.

Another Heroscaper, @SuperflyTNT found another dice maker he contacted directly, his comments can be found here.

This site gives a good idea of pricing for custom dice

This manufacturer does laser engraving BUT they are in the UK. I hear Chessex does the same thing but for the U.S (little pricier though)

Here's a guy on kickstarter
who's devoted to Cheap and affordable custom gamer dice...this might be a viable option contacting him, especially once he starts production

(and on a side note of custom's, here's a freakin awesome custom character design website...where the possibilities are endless! Honestly check it out, you'll spend a couple hours playing with it before you know it!! I wonder if the producer was involved with Heroscape? I mean look at the website name, the design of the character bases, and even some of the weapons etc. looks like they're from Heroscape. Heck, you could almost recreate some of the Heroscape characters...or in a perfect world with a large enough Heroscaper fan base, we could have C3V contact the designer and produce C3V units for us or something...anyway...haha I just got really excited when I found this site).

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; February 15th, 2016 at 04:16 AM.
Old February 15th, 2016, 01:29 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I would just find some place that makes sticker decals (opaque, not transparent). You could then just put them over any dice (even standard 1-6 pip dice), Probably could get a sheet of decals that fit symbols for 20+ dice on each page, and each page could be made for under $2 each if someone placed an order for say 100 at a time and sold on the site individually.

Maybe we should have a separate thread just on ideas for Valkrill & Aquilla dice for C3V flag-bearers.
This is a great idea. I shop at a lot of Second-Hand/Thrift stores, yard sales, and flea markets and have often seen old games for a dollar or two, like Mickey Mouse Yahtzee for example, that come with plain (un-pipped) cubes as dice which the owner must then apply the proper stickers to. Those could just as easily be scraped off and new ones applied or images painted onto to them. In fact I think I have a couple of them somewhere - must now go dig through my toy box, in case they fallen to the bottom - haha ; - D

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old February 15th, 2016, 03:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

So, Miniature Market is having an "RIP Sale" - once it's over, they're delisting the items for sale. That includes the Confrontation Starter Set, which is marked down to $10. If you've been lazy (like me!), I'd suggest HEADING OVER and placing an order. You've got about a week!
Old February 15th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That's more than a little important. Thanks, Johnny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
So, Miniature Market is having an "RIP Sale" - once it's over, they're delisting the items for sale. That includes the Confrontation Starter Set, which is marked down to $10. If you've been lazy (like me!), I'd suggest HEADING OVER and placing an order. You've got about a week!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 16th, 2016, 03:56 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Hmm... trying to decide if I should pick this up even though I don't need it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 16th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Well there goes another 16$...
Old February 16th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It was a good choice. Lots of goodies in that box.

= =
Old February 19th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Okay so, I'm considering doing a bulk order of custom Valkril themed dice. If I were to do this, how many of you would be interested in buying them?

The more people, the more I can order, and the cheaper I can get them.

Also, Which color should they be?

I'm thinking either beige and black, or brown and yellow. Maybe request beige and brown? I'd like to keep the cost down as much as I can.

The site says it can take up to 4 months to have them all made and shipped out, so fair warning on that, though that's probably for larger orders. I'm going to be getting some of these, at least for myself, even if no one else is interested. (unless someone else is already doing this, and I just don't know about it yet)
Old February 19th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

As you may have begun to detect, @Leaf It , we announce minis far, far in advance of releasing them. That's so people have the opportunity to get them, if they want, in advance of market fluctuations.

Without confirming or denying anything posted here, I will share that four months is a but a blink in the eye, compared to how slowly we get a unit from announcement to release. Also, I am sure there are those in the customs community beyond the C3V who might be interested in Valkrill dice. After all, they'd work (presumably) for any custom Valkrill flagbearer, and maybe even for people who just want a cool set of Valkrill dice. So throw a wide net, and good luck.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs