Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 24th, 2023, 08:56 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
What's the theme for only affecting soulborgs that follow jandar? Repulsors don't differentiate. If it is meant to be an electrical charge or EMP type of thing wouldn't it hit metal things equally? Not just hitting zettians, warden, and gladiatrons lol.
Thematically, the idea is that technology has advanced and the Omnicrons have found a way to shield themselves from their own weapon. It's also meant to be a clue as to the weapon's Omnicron origins. Gameplay-wise, it makes it feasible to play Nordlung in an army alongside Repulsors, which are designed to engage their opponents.
Old August 24th, 2023, 09:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

only ones that don't follow Jandar makes way more sense than the other way around, yeah.
Old August 25th, 2023, 08:19 AM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you target a non-Jandar Soulborg figure with the Shockgun, does the targeted figure also have to roll for the d20, or only any adjacent Soulborgs? The way it reads to me right now is that the targeted figure wouldn’t have to roll.
Old August 25th, 2023, 09:07 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Targeted figure does not roll, Sherman clarified above

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old August 25th, 2023, 09:11 AM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh, yes, I see it now. The conversation switched to the Soulborg general thing. But imo it’s odd that a targeted Gladiatron wouldn’t have to roll for the damage, but all the Glads next to him would. Doesn’t make a ton of sense to me.
Old August 25th, 2023, 09:50 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Love the figure. Question on Shockgun: if the defending figure is a non-Jandar Soulborg, it doesn't have to roll for damage? Intentional? Oversight?
Assuming I'm understanding your question - yes, the d20 roll only applies to the adjacent figures, not the target figure.
The fact that this got two questions right away shows how unnatural this feels. Though I can kinda dig it.
Old August 25th, 2023, 12:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Yes that was my question. I get that they were just shot at, but other figures having to suffer undefendable damage and not the one that was shot feels a little weird to me.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 25th, 2023, 01:45 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

That aspect threw me off initially, but it makes sense that the targeted figure takes the brunt of the attack and the nearby figures take slash damage. I like the changes.

to review Nordlung
Old August 25th, 2023, 01:56 PM

It doesn’t make much sense from how a weapon like that would work. The shockwave would propagate from the slug. For the pulse effect to work as described, it would essentially be a torus, and there’s no way to explain how a point source generated that, other than hand-wavy future tech.

Also, in terms of fighting Q9 and Q10, this makes the special feel not worth it. Give me Nilf for an extra 25 points every day, since I’ve got the same odds of damaging either one, but I can hit two more targets, not to mention way better survivability and a better normal attack. Having a potential extra wound on the target that bypasses defense is massive and makes Nordlung worth the points.

Last edited by ryguy266; August 25th, 2023 at 02:12 PM.
Old August 25th, 2023, 05:48 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
What's the theme for only affecting soulborgs that follow jandar? Repulsors don't differentiate. If it is meant to be an electrical charge or EMP type of thing wouldn't it hit metal things equally? Not just hitting zettians, warden, and gladiatrons lol.
Thematically, the idea is that technology has advanced and the Omnicrons have found a way to shield themselves from their own weapon. It's also meant to be a clue as to the weapon's Omnicron origins. Gameplay-wise, it makes it feasible to play Nordlung in an army alongside Repulsors, which are designed to engage their opponents.
Feasible, yes, but I'm not seeing any incentive to play Nordlung with Repulsors. I suggest something like this to do that:

Quote:
SHOCKGUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 7. Attack 4.
If the targeted figure is adjacent to a Soulborg you control who follows Jandar, you may choose all figures adjacent to the targeted figure that are not Soulborgs who follow Jandar to also be affected by Shockgun Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures.
This powers up Nordlung's attack with your Repulsors and powers up your Repulsors against non-Soulborgs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 25th, 2023, 06:04 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Thanks quozl, but synergy with the Repulsors was not a priority of mine. I don't think Nordlung really works in an Omnicron army except in higher point games where you can afford both him and Omegacron too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
That aspect threw me off initially, but it makes sense that the targeted figure takes the brunt of the attack and the nearby figures take slash damage.
Yeah, that's how I envision it. I initially considered making the primary target also subject to the d20 roll because I wasn't opposed to it, but doing so would've required more text and now that I'm getting older I tend to avoid making cards with small print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
Give me Nilf for an extra 25 points every day, since I’ve got the same odds of damaging either one, but I can hit two more targets, not to mention way better survivability and a better normal attack.
Sure, but that's because Nilfheim's "true" cost is a fair amount more than 185 points and I wasn't aiming to make Nordlung an A-ranked unit.
Old August 25th, 2023, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's how I envision it. I initially considered making the primary target also subject to the d20 roll because I wasn't opposed to it, but doing so would've required more text and now that I'm getting older I tend to avoid making cards with small print.
If the damage is “slash damage” from a hit then shouldn’t all adjacent figures take the damage, not just Soulborgs? I love the figure and like the design, but I’m not sure text size is enough to justify such an odd and borderline impossible damage mechanic lore wise.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs