Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old August 16th, 2023, 04:52 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
HexiCon 2 Map Contest #2 UnOrthodox Maps Congrats Subduction

HexiCon 2 Map Contest #2: UnOrthodox Maps

Preparations are underway for HexiCon 2 in March 2024, and with that I’m hosting TWO map contests! One contest is for a Battlefields of Valhalla (BoV) Map Redux, while the other is UnOrthodox Map Parameters.

The goal for this contest is to use the bits of terrain normally chucked back into the box!

You can submit up to 2 maps for this contest. When using the master set or expansion with one of the listed components, you'll need to use it!
  • Castle Archway with or without the Door (which is permanently closed)
  • Two Castle Flags (two can be used with only one Castle expansion) (Recommended not Mandatory)
  • Closed Marvel Warehouse Ruin (no top piece)
  • Pair of Same-Size RotV Ruins (leave room for both to be used, list preference)
  • 4-Hex Tree and/or Roadway Walls
  • 6-hex Glacier or base (not in start zone)
  • Marro Hive or base (not in start zone)

Asymmetric Maps are Encouraged but not Mandatory!

You can create some very asymmetric maps like Alpaca Trail, or some slighty asymmetric maps like Ticalla Sunrise.

Map Building Parameters:
  • Map Submissions can have no more than 1 Master Set and 2 Expansions
  • OR 2 Master Sets and 1 Expansion
  • 1x Marvel set can count as 1 Expansion, while 2x Marvel can count as 1 Master Set or 2 Expansions
  • 24 hex start zone
  • Accommodation for Marro Hive is NOT necessary. The base can straddle level 0 terrain while on level 1 spaces.
  • The Top level of the Warehouse ruins MUST be removed if used, and this must be mentioned in the build rules since VS doesn't have a way to remove it.
  • Uncapped Pillars are legal.

SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions should include a display image (ideally a 3D VirtualScape rendering) and build instructions
A maximum of 2 entries per person. One of the maps must be new for this contest and not already designed/posted on the forums prior to this contest.

DEADLINE:

September 30, 2023.

VOTING:

Winner will be chosen by Public Polling.

PRIZES:

Winner will receive a set of HexiCon 2 participation alt art cards.

DISCLAIMERS:

1. Contest Winners are not guaranteed to be used in HexiCon 2.
2. Contestants in general are not guaranteed to be used in HexiCon 2.
3. HexiCon 2 organizers reserve the right to edit/update/change maps from this contest for HexiCon 2. This may include working with the creator to change the map for the event, or internal organizer changes. Proper credit to the creator will still be provided, and edit notes will be added.
4. These rules or anything else may be updated/changed during the duration of the Submission process, and notifications of any major changes will be made in this thread and/or title.

Last edited by MegaSilver; October 31st, 2023 at 01:44 AM.
Old August 16th, 2023, 10:18 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!
Re: HexiCon 2 Map Contest #2: UnOrthodox Maps

I have to follow a parameter for every set used, right? For example if you use one master set and one expansion you have to use two special rules; one is insufficient? I have some ideas that would use multiple sets but only one special rule
Old August 17th, 2023, 04:27 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
I have to follow a parameter for every set used, right? For example if you use one master set and one expansion you have to use two special rules; one is insufficient? I have some ideas that would use multiple sets but only one special rule
Several people were confused so I've changed the set up.
Old September 1st, 2023, 01:54 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Here are my 2 submissions for this contest!

Dredgewood Forest
Sets: RotV, RttFF X2

Marsh Manor Redux
Sets: SotM, FotA, TJ

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; September 30th, 2023 at 03:25 AM.
Old September 20th, 2023, 11:30 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have one submission for this contest! Unfortunately I will be away from my computer for the rest of the month and didn't have the time to make another map I was satisfied with for this contest, and none of my other recent maps would qualify as a submission. With that being said, here is my submission:

Trodden Path
Old September 21st, 2023, 12:57 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
My Submissions

[Wrong Thread. My Bad.]

Last edited by Chris Perkins; September 21st, 2023 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Wrong Thread
Old September 21st, 2023, 01:34 PM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!
Re: My Submissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Throwing in my 2 submissions.

Dark Sidewinder
Sets: BftU x2, TT x1

Highways & Darkness
Sets: BftU x2, FotA x1, RttFF x1
These look fun, but I think you posted in the wrong thread! This is the UnOrthodox map contest, not the BoV Remix contest
Old September 21st, 2023, 02:25 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: My Submissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDays View Post
These look fun, but I think you posted in the wrong thread! This is the UnOrthodox map contest, not the BoV Remix contest
Whoops, yep. Thanks for flagging. Removed it.
Old September 26th, 2023, 12:43 PM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!

Here are my two submissions for the contest. Thank you MegaSilver for running another fun contest!

Eldfjall
Requirements: 1x RotV, 1xTT, 1x VW

Bayou Bend
Requirements: 1x SotM, 1xRttFF, 1x TJ

Old September 26th, 2023, 12:47 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

ooo, I really like the aesthetic of Bayou Bend! Really cool name and look.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 26th, 2023, 02:56 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Here We Go

These are more traditional Dysole maps.

Wow Stark Family, You Really Let The Place Go. Guess This Is What You Meant By Winter Is Coming

BftU x1, FotA x1, TT x1

All Hail the Glorious Hivemother! May Her Reign Be Long and Full of Death to Our Enemies Until We Have Covered The Galaxy With Our Progeny

SotM x1, Marvel x1, TT x1

~Dysole, who was giggling like an idiot while making these

Last edited by Dysole; September 26th, 2023 at 04:17 PM.
Old September 28th, 2023, 08:57 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

Here is my submission! Hope others find it as fun as I have.

Puente de Fuego

RotV x1, FotA x1, VWx1

Probably should note that the design includes 2 permanently closed doors, but either (or both) can be replaced with a single straight wall sections with two curved sections on either side.

Last edited by SkyWhale; March 7th, 2024 at 09:45 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games