Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards
Official Units and Spell Cards Discussion of official AotP units and spell cards

Old July 24th, 2015, 02:06 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
The Book of Pummelroot Elementals

The Book of Pummelroot Elementals
Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers master set

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - TBA

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA
Old August 10th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Special Power Discussion: TRAMPLE

TRAMPLE

I feel the power is too wordy and wish they went with ClassicScape's wording for Counter Strike:
"When rolling attack dice (with a normal attack) against an adjacent defending figure, you may have all excess skulls/crossed weapons symbols count as unblockable hits any figure adjacent to the defending figure. "

Would have been neat if the figure got to move in the trample cascading the extra skulls into extra moves, but that's only for flavor and I digress

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 24th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Pummelroot Elementals

Trample is weird to me.

Under my reading if I attack a Phoenix and roll 3 attack symbols and the Phoenix rolls none, I can put an unblockable would on an adjacent Phoenix and another on Chandra. That seems rather powerful. Adjacency takes a hit here.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 24th, 2015, 12:00 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@wriggz , it is pretty powerful, chandra would actually take more than one wound. If the pummelroot rolled 3 attack and the phoenix rolled none, the phoenix only has one life and would be killed by one attack symbol and 2 wounds given to chandra. I had my planeswalker killed like this before.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 24th, 2015, 02:00 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@wriggz , it is pretty powerful, chandra would actually take more than one wound. If the pummelroot rolled 3 attack and the phoenix rolled none, the phoenix only has one life and would be killed by one attack symbol and 2 wounds given to chandra. I had my planeswalker killed like this before.
I think Wriggz is thinking the trample damage can be split. Instead of dealing 2 to Chandra, he can deal 1 to a second Phoenix and 1 to Chandra, or 2 to Chandra and 0 to the second Phoenix, or 2 to the second Phoenix and 0 to Chandra.
Or perhaps he thought 3 damage vs 0 shields = 3 damage to the first Phoenix, which has 1 Life, leaving 2 excess damage, which he assigns to the next Phoenix, leaving 1 excess, which he assigns to Chandra.
Doesn't work that way, because the second Phoenix would be a targeted figure/affected figure, not a defending figure. The power only works vs defending figures.

Old October 24th, 2015, 03:03 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I think Wriggz is thinking the trample damage can be split. Instead of dealing 2 to Chandra, he can deal 1 to a second Phoenix and 1 to Chandra, or 2 to Chandra and 0 to the second Phoenix, or 2 to the second Phoenix and 0 to Chandra.
Or perhaps he thought 3 damage vs 0 shields = 3 damage to the first Phoenix, which has 1 Life, leaving 2 excess damage, which he assigns to the next Phoenix, leaving 1 excess, which he assigns to Chandra.
Doesn't work that way, because the second Phoenix would be a targeted figure/affected figure, not a defending figure. The power only works vs defending figures.
Right, but you can split the wounds between 2 figures adjacent to the original defending figure. It makes a clump of Phoenixes easy to destroy, or a high defense vulnerable when it is adjacent to a low defense figure.

I doubt such a power would fly in Classic especially with viper kicking around.

Old October 24th, 2015, 09:55 PM

That's not how it works though.
"You may have it assign the rest of its damage to a figure adjacent to the defending figure"
"A figure ". "a" means one. "figure" is singular.
Not, "You may have it assign the rest of its damage divided any way you choose to any figures adjacent to the defending figure."

That's how it works in MtG, but it's worded differently. If you wanted to house rule, sure, but that's not how it works officially.

Old October 25th, 2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
"You may have it assign the rest of its damage to a figure adjacent to the defending figure"
Not, "You may have it assign the rest of its damage divided any way you choose to any figures adjacent to the defending figure."

That's how it works in MtG, but it's worded differently. If you wanted to house rule, sure, but that's not how it works officially.
Nope I'm fairly sure the power is almost broken as it is.

Old October 25th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:

Nope I'm fairly sure the power is almost broken as it is.
Zaeus does it from range. It's not almost broken. It's strong, but you have to set yourself up for your opponent to take advantage of.

Old October 25th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

All left over damage goes to a single figure adjacent to the targeted figure. No splitting it between multiple figures.
Old October 25th, 2015, 12:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:

I agree with confred, when it says "A" figure, it isn't multiple. It is one additional figure adjacent. It's still pretty powerful when you have high ground and a bonus. I don't think its broken though.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 25th, 2015, 08:27 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

It's a squad that can have blowout turns where they wreck everything. Trample kind of wrecks tight formations. I like things that play like these.

Just wondering, can Pummelroots wound themselves with trample?

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards